Loser lurkers

Comments

• I have zero tolerance or sympathy for Euro dudes with a slippery grasp on English trying to make cute remarks after condescendingly and ineptly attempting to rip you off. Line em up on the freeway and execute em drive by style I say.

• Options
    Thank the gods for the 49th parallel.

K.

• As recent events have shown, borders won't save you, haha.

• I have zero tolerance or sympathy for Euro dudes with a slippery grasp on English trying to make cute remarks after condescendingly and ineptly attempting to rip you off. Line em up on the freeway and execute em drive by style I say.

i don't think this dude was trying to be an asshole, i think he was admitting that he was being dumb by using that fucked up line.

i got some serious lost in translation tales over here. one dude i sell to is my favorite. here is a quote i got today "It pays in October, and reserve it till then, please.
    Besides, if good Records is scheduled to arrive, it teaches."

• Why you guys hating on his hustle? I have done that a few times on eBay. E-mail a seller before they get bids or other people trying to do it. Try to get them to sell it early at a good price. Works a lot of the time. If it doesn't work then you lost nothing but a few minutes.

• Phew, I thought this post would be about a certain off-ebay offer I made to one meaty ogre.

But you know what, you said you would rather sell it for more on ebay and how can I argue with that???

Get that $,

• Options
    ...MEaty could make about how he got me to sell him this off eBay. You should ahve seen the emails

K.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Why you guys hating on his hustle? I have done that a few times on eBay. E-mail a seller before they get bids or other people trying to do it. Try to get them to sell it early at a good price. Works a lot of the time. If it doesn't work then you lost nothing but a few minutes.

I think people are less annoyed by the guy making private offers--which all of us do now and then--than they are by the guy's prickish sense of entitlement and refusal to let it go at "no".

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    For the record, dude's first language is English, and the Queen's English at that. He's just got an odd way of putting it to writing...

• Why you guys hating on his hustle? I have done that a few times on eBay. E-mail a seller before they get bids or other people trying to do it. Try to get them to sell it early at a good price. Works a lot of the time. If it doesn't work then you lost nothing but a few minutes.

I think people are less annoyed by the guy making private offers--which all of us do now and then--than they are by the guy's prickish sense of entitlement and refusal to let it go at "no".

Ohhh ok. Got it.

• Options
    Entitlement? How one can read so much into a couple 2 line emails is beyond me...and I agree with you that the post auction emails are uncalled for.

K.

• ...Kevin could make about how he got me to sell him this and a few more [/b] off eBay. You should ahve seen the emails

K.

• Options
    Revolution, gonna bring total destruction

Revolution, Gonna bring total destruction

What the world is coming to

It soon be no good for me and you

We suffer ohhh our whole life through

With nothing to gain - we feel the same

I say yeah we are black

Oh and we suffer, for that's a fact

We might go just anywhere

But society for us don't care

Revolution, gonna bring total Destruction

LEroy could write a tune...and back it up vocally (and on bass)!

Kevin in Canada.

P.S. You got paid hansomely for that, Will. Thanks for the 45 by the way, it's

• Revolution, gonna bring total destruction
    Revolution, Gonna bring total destruction

What the world is coming to
    It soon be no good for me and you
    We suffer ohhh our whole life through
    With nothing to gain - we feel the same
    I say yeah we are black
    Oh and we suffer, for that's a fact
    We might go just anywhere
    But society for us don't care

Revolution, gonna bring total Destruction

LEroy could write a tune...and back it up vocally (and on bass)!

Kevin in Canada.

P.S. You got paid hansomely for that, Will. Thanks for the 45 by the way, it's

No problem Kevin. Just messing with you. Always love dealing with you.

• "It pays in October, and reserve it till then, please.
    Besides, if good Records is scheduled to arrive, it teaches."

Is that a Japanese dude? When they translate shit, if often comes out like that due to lack of pronouns.

When I get lessons plans that refer to me as "it", I was a little pissed until I realized that the teacher was using an online translator to write it.

Peace...
    FNM

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    in all seriousness, I have no ill will towards this dude. Like 98% of yall, I've gotten over on others before to get records cheaper than I know they would resell for. But I just don't like to be treated like a fool, with some random dude telling me "You obviously don't know what you're doing with your records", and the "devil" comment. If someone said that to you in person, you would want to stick his ass in the face. Either way, I don't give a fuck if this dude is "the worlds greatest collector", I don't ever wish to deal with him again .

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I think dude was calling himself a devil in his way of trying to get over on you and being caught with hand in cookie jar.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    want to stick his ass in the face.

very strange way to get back at somebody, sicko.

yes, and as TheNon says, I think he was saying that he's the devil that is blushing.

and K, how many of them round trip tickets are/were at Kops?

true and

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"honesty makes the devil blush"[/b]

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    meaty,

please send raers...

pi

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    If someone said that to you in person, you would want to stick his ass in the face. Either way, I don't give a fuck if this dude is "the worlds greatest collector", I don't ever wish to deal with him again .

That's right, that's right. You've got the right attitude. Finish it right now.

• Options
    want to stick his ass in the face.

very strange way to get back at somebody, sicko.

yes, and as TheNon says, I think he was saying that he's the devil that is blushing.

and K, how many of them round trip tickets are/were at Kops?

I think i cought one out there a very long time ago. Found 4 others in a reggae store with Detroit/CHicago connect, now just my copy left. They were all pretty much untouched (ask MEaty).

Kevin.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I have zero tolerance or sympathy for Euro dudes with a slippery grasp on English trying to make cute remarks after condescendingly and ineptly attempting to rip you off. Line em up on the freeway and execute em drive by style I say.

Wow. How ignorant of you. Or was that bad humour?

What does someone having "a slippery grasp on English" have do with this? This might be news to you, but there are intelligent people who do not speak English as their mother tongue.

• Grafwritah,

please to remove those pictures a.s.a. FUCKIN p. , ok?

• but there are intelligent people who do not speak English as their mother tongue.
    absolutely not true

meaty, just to play devils advocate here...you didnt really know much about the piece you were dealing with, so the dude was kind of right (regarding that record). i get mad at the "i dont know it so i'll put it on ebay" sellers. profit from your knowledge, i say. then again, ive done the same shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    but there are intelligent people who do not speak English as their mother tongue.
    absolutely not true

meaty, just to play devils advocate here...you didnt really know much about the piece you were dealing with, so the dude was kind of right (regarding that record). i get mad at the "i dont know it so i'll put it on ebay" sellers. profit from your knowledge, i say. then again, ive done the same shit.

Actually, the guy accused him of being uncertain of what he was "doing dealing with records," not of being uncertain regarding the value of that particular record (something meaty had admitted to), and meaty demonstrated that he actually does know what he's doing by rejecting the lowball offer and letting it ride out on eBay.

• profit from your knowledge, i say; accept lowball offers when it involves "the greatest collectr in the world"

Mr. Bullwackies called Soulstrut a bunch of "porkie pies".

Look, when I get a record, and I can't find any info about it, and I know its good, and I'm not into it, I put it on Ebay, with a soundclip, and let the world determine its price. Simple. Yellow. Different.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    but there are intelligent people who do not speak English as their mother tongue.
    absolutely not true

Asi que no hay gente inteligente que no hable ingles como lengua madre? Pero por que no te vas un poco a la mierda, ignorante, pelotudo y la concha de tu madre.

Ahora anda y trata de poner estas palabras en un traductor para ver que carajo quieren decir, gilipollas. A diferencia de mi, que puedo leer perfectamente todas las idioteces que escribis vos