How much have you spent on records?

2»

Comments

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    How much have you spent on records?

What? Are you my wife?

seriously, are you?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm crunk as hell right now but $5000 in 4 months is indeed a big scheme. I think you may have (no fewer than 3 copies of)[/b] better reckids than me. Damn you.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    In 2002 I spent $11,776.28

Today with a mortgage, girlfriend and a 7 year old, I'm spending a little over $100 a month and might have to cut back even that amount because of bills.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    In 2002 I spent $11,776.28

Today with a mortgage, girlfriend and a 7 year old, I'm spending a little over $100 a month and might have to cut back even that amount because of bills.

That's pretty much exactly where I'm at right now.

Used to spend around $10k a year.

Now with a mortgage I'm about to have and the bills, I'm cutting back drastically.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    everything.

• A few thousand after selling and things. Probably 2-3 thousand if I think about it. I am sure it's less cuz I am a dollarbinner unless it's hip-hop or something I can flip.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So much money I can't even begin to think about it.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    ...I don't want to fucking know.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    probably around $200,000.00

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    Nothing: I stole all my records from radio stations, dealers physically smaller than me, poor people, unattentive DJs, and, quite possibly, you. Spending money on vinyl is little dude.

true, I copped my 1200's, a 06 and plenty texta with limb presha and eye contact.

flunk

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    enough to walk by them sometimes and ask myself "what the hell have i done and what the hell am i doing?"

the thought has occured to me.

I've become a tiny bit worried about fires lately, I mean I live in a slightly older house with 3 of my friends so there's no telling if/when something bad could happen to the collection. But I guess that's just life.

Same here, dude, same here. But more than a tiny bit and longer than lately. I have actually thought I should create a fire section - the irreplaceable all on one shelf - right by the door, farthest away from the kitchen, that I will try and salvage as much as poosible on the way out.

Even as I write this, I see how utterly stupid that must sound. Uhg. Stupid humans with our stupid things.

THE WAX DISC IS A THING. WHAT'S ON IT IS A THING OF BEAUTY! we're talking about the most enjoyable stuff in the world, right up there with love and friendship and laughter.

to put dee rock's 200,000 in perspective, some people pay the same amount for one painting...
    whereas i'd rather have miles davis' 'water babies' hanging on my wall that most other pieces of art.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

"Hello, I'm Batmon and I collect records."