How much have you spent on records?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited September 2005 in Record Collecting
When I look at my record collection I can't imagine how much I've paid for my entire collection. I'm certainly not one of those dollar bin raiders so it's gonna be up there. I would think anywhere from $7000 to $10000 for all the vinyl I have.

Comments

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    When I look at my record collection I can't imagine how much I've paid for my entire collection. I'm certainly not one of those dollar bin raiders so it's gonna be up there. I would think anywhere from $7000 to $10000 for all the vinyl I have.

I really don't want to know.

Frankly, this is the reason I haven't catalogued my record collection. If I did catalog it, I'd have a basic idea of how many records I have and could estimate how much I spent... and I don't want to fucking know.

-e

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

What? Are you my wife?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

10s of thousands of dollars (business/collection) over my 10-13yr digging history... i can imagine.

• i paid almost more for my ikea shelf then my records, i do raid dollar bins!

• edit. maybe $15,000-$20,000 tops.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Since I bought a CD burner + started selling on eBay regularly

NOTHING. maybe less.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

What? Are you The IRS?[/b]

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    ...I don't want to fucking know.

• Nothing: I stole all my records from radio stations, dealers physically smaller than me, poor people, unattentive DJs, and, quite possibly, you. Spending money on vinyl is little dude.

• ...I don't want to fucking know.

What? Are you my wife?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    enough to walk by them sometimes and ask myself "what the hell have i done and what the hell am i doing?"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I could have bought a car and probably paid a years worth fo LA apartment rent with all the money I've spent

• enough to walk by them sometimes and ask myself "what the hell have i done and what the hell am i doing?"
    What stage of the diggin' game is this? Seriously, cause I'm there...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    enough to walk by them sometimes and ask myself "what the hell have i done and what the hell am i doing?"

advanced diggermortis

Over the last 8 years......At least $40,000.

• enough to walk by them sometimes and ask myself "what the hell have i done and what the hell am i doing?"

advanced diggermortis
    . I need help.

the thought has occured to me.

I've become a tiny bit worried about fires lately, I mean I live in a slightly older house with 3 of my friends so there's no telling if/when something bad could happen to the collection. But I guess that's just life.

• Nothing: I stole all my records from radio stations, dealers physically smaller than me, poor people, unattentive DJs, and, quite possibly, you. Spending money on vinyl is little dude.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Funny thing is I'm sure plkenty of other people like my ex's, and my credit card company, and the guys that work at the record store have a better idea than me!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I've become a tiny bit worried about fires lately, I mean I live in a slightly older house with 3 of my friends so there's no telling if/when something bad could happen to the collection. But I guess that's just life.

Same here, dude, same here. But more than a tiny bit and longer than lately. I have actually thought I should create a fire section - the irreplaceable all on one shelf - right by the door, farthest away from the kitchen, that I will try and salvage as much as poosible on the way out.

Even as I write this, I see how utterly stupid that must sound. Uhg. Stupid humans with our stupid things.

Same here, dude, same here. But more than a tiny bit and longer than lately. I have actually thought I should create a fire section - the irreplaceable all on one shelf - right by the door, farthest away from the kitchen, that I will try and salvage as much as poosible on the way out.

Even as I write this, I see how utterly stupid that must sound. Uhg. Stupid humans with our stupid things.

That idea always starts out well-intentioned enough. After a while your whole collection just winds up in another room though.

• I think about it, but then again records are an investment, it isnt like the money has completely disappeared, you can sell them, trade them...when I think about the money I have spent, it is quite possible some folks have spent twice on what I have on Starbuck's and shit like that.

• i've spent about 1300 dollars this month alone on ebay and physical buys. then again a majority of that is getting sold so it's all good.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    $5000 since June (which isn't a lot in the larger scheme of things).

• $5000 since June (which isn't a lot in the larger scheme of things).

Pretty big scheme you got there.....

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    $5000 since June (which isn't a lot in the larger scheme of things).

• $5000 since June (which isn't a lot in the larger scheme of things).

jeezus...who would of thought that big prop soccer ball would weigh that much...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I'm crunk as hell right now but $5000 in 4 months is indeed a big scheme. I think you may have better reckids than me. Damn you.