so, i got surgery tomorrow...

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
my last one in a series of 3 to cap off what was the worst. summer. evar.right now, i am drinking some of the nastiest shit i've ever had to drink besides the contrast that i had to drink at surgery #2. the surgeon's office said i should drink another liter of it before calling it quits.so entertain me, fuckwads. i go in tomorrow at 8 in the mornin.so far, no GuzzoBlindDateVid. downloaded Jazzy Jeff's In The House (discs 1 & 2) this morning. i could use 3 if someone has.also, looking for any raer Large Pro remixes on mp3.anyone got any hospital stay tips? i'll prolly be reading some books and watching more TV than i have all year.looking forward to getting out and getting on w/life. volleyball. gigs? rap group.yodel.

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i did three surgeries on my left ear (and those that know me understand...). from 18-21. never did more than an overnight but surgeries suck. its not what leads up to it thats so bad its the pill popping for pain afterwards and the uncomfortable feelings.

however....

although my hearing didnt return fully, the disease (its a long story and not the type of "disease" youre thinking of im sure) went away and i never have to have another surgery unless i want to...

just take it easy... the nights suck so really force yourself to stay awake during the day. good luck!

• Good luck man. I hope all goes well.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    just take it easy... the nights suck so really force yourself to stay awake during the day. good luck!
    thanks. yeh, last time i didn't have a roommate, so i could have visitors til pretty late.
    wish they had DVD's at this hospital, we're prolly gunna try to hook one up anyway.

• just take it easy... the nights suck so really force yourself to stay awake during the day. good luck!
    thanks. yeh, last time i didn't have a roommate, so i could have visitors til pretty late.

wish they had DVD's at this hospital, we're prolly gunna try to hook one up anyway.

If you need to borrow a DVD player let me know.

• Good luck man, I wish I had something to offer you but I'm at work and lacking in ideas/burnt-out. Getting massive amount of new music and something to play DVDs with is key. Have someone bring you a Costco crate of Vitamin Water, that stuff really does the trick. Oh, and quality "reading" material is always a plus......

• hang on in there mang..

thanks dudes. there was also a super cute nurse there last time and i was a bit embarassed about my lack of health -i was pretty scraggly and scrawny when i left-... maybe she'll be back again.

nitekrawl: if i can get the audio from the radio show straightened out, i'll be in good shape.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    this should keep you busy for a second.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    this should keep you busy for a second.

holy crap, that was harder than I thought.

just wanted to let folls know, i got discharged from the hospital today and things seem to be goin pretty well.
    thanks for all the words of encouragement.
    i will be all over the strut for the next few days.
    hopefully digging soon, but don't wanna get a hernia.

(if anyone would care to fill me in on what i've missed on here, that'd be appreeshed.)

• Glad to see you did ok man, get well soon!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm glad things went well, man. I didn't even see this thread before today otherwise I would have given you more mazes and some XXX Crossword Puzzles.

• Get well, eh? Damn, 3 this summer. I had one and that was enough for me. Heal up and stay positive.

• Missed this the first time around.

Glad to hear you're doing well. I hate hospitals.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Glad you're ok, I was thinking about you.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Had surgery on my broken hand a few times. First one was kinda aight. Second one was nasty!!!

Good thing my girl did the nursejob just perfectly

Good luck, worst part is when you start feeling shit again.....

I never took them painkillers, they suck. Rather smoke a fatty

Just shut yo eyes and dream of you should be aight

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    glad you're alright hommee.

see you next week!

Good thing my girl did the nursejob just perfectly

yessiree. thats whats on tap for tonight.

worst part besides the pain may have been my roommates who all (3) had disorders that caused them to make noises in their sleep... such as asthma.
    now its real quiet at night and i'm thoroughly enjoying that.
    i had the bitch bed as well. no window.

the last roommate was a 70-year old man (didn't look it...looked much younger. late-40's) who had been diagnosed with cancer of the espohogas. his surgery was to check if it had spread to his liver. ...which it had. he was told he'd have about a year to live and 6 months could be possibly be added to that with chemotherapy. i don't envy him in the least.
    some nights he'd have nightmares.

anyways, like i said. glad i'm back and be on the lookout for some stuff i've got comin' out soon. a sick Halloween mix will be available very very soon as well as something for VinylExchange radio (Hi Stef).

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i had strabismus surgey about 4 years ago. my eye was FUCKED up. i thank god for it

hop it went well for you