new kanye single, diamonds

2»

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Not my favorite, but at the same time, I'm astomished that Kanye was ever let into the mainstream--he's like the token "conscious" rapper. I hope that he uses the force and doesn't go to the darkside...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This beat is HOT in my opinion, it's a little cheesy but so were most of the beats on Cam's Purple Haze and I thought they were straight fire. Beats can still be a little cheesy and be hot, no reason to be so serious about music. Overthe top bomastic shit is cool in my book. Larger than life. So who did the beat if not Kanye? Oh yeah and he sounds about par to me, not my favorite no someone I hate.

I think this is the wrong side of the fine cheese line. This is the kind of drama that never makes it past local news at 11.

I was feeling his vocals more than the beat. Seems dude's improved his delivery.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The streetsA & R's say:

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I think this is the wrong side of the fine cheese line. This is the kind of drama that never makes it past local news at 11.

In that case you might want to steer clear of "Dipset (Santana's Town)."

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    OK people I admitit I LOVE "GAY OPERA" BEATS!!!!!!

"GAY OPERA" BEATS!!!!!!

People who bought this record also bought

Queen: "Bohemian Rhapsody"
    Focus: "Hocus Pocus"
    Styx: "Paradise Theater"
    Lou Reed: "Berlin"
    Juelz Santana: "Dipset (Santana's Town)"

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

No, that is exactly on the right side of the fine cheese line. The kind of drama that makes national news three weeks in a row, Elian Gonzalez/Terri Schiavo/Dead Pope type drama.

The fine cheese line:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    "GAY OPERA" BEATS!!!!!!

People who bought this record also bought

Queen: "Bohemian Rhapsody"
    Focus: "Hocus Pocus"
    Styx: "Paradise Theater"
    Lou Reed: "Berlin"
    Juelz Santana: "Dipset (Santana's Town)"

and don't forget typing with Jazz Hands!

No, that is exactly on the right side of the fine cheese line.

Don't get me wrong - I like both tunes. Sure, Dipset is on the "Conan and Valkyries" side of the things while Diamonds is on the "I'm ready for my closeup Mr. Demille" side, but both heap on the melodrama like a Tivo full of Lifetime Channel Movies of the Week.

and don't forget typing with Jazz Hands!

• after reading all these negative posts before I listened..I was expecting it to be fucking terrible.

a listen proved wrong.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    after reading all these negative posts before I listened..I was expecting it to be fucking terrible.

a listen proved wrong.

That's cuz dudes is haterz.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    This shit is hillarious .

the ascending vocals on the chorus had me cracking up. This would be great for a perfume commercial or some shit.