The Corner Drums -Why are these so nasty?

2»

Comments

• God damn yall I mean dude the record sounds EXACTLY the same. Bassline and everything. Then there is a small Temprees chop on top of it (the chords towards the end of the loop, and sped up vocal). I'm not even a fucking sample spotter either. There shouldn't be any speculation, yall call yourselves beat diggers???

[/disgust]

THANK YOU

• In case anyone's memory needs refreshing:

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0GCDT4ENEND6H38J6PJ0QIMNNL

i know the temptations cut but could someone post up the common cut?

just listened to the corner. those were like the first drums i ever hooked up to a beat. thing is do people actually like kanye west anymore? that speeded up sample shit is getting real old. it was old like the second time i heard one of his beats.

dave

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    God damn yall I mean dude the record sounds EXACTLY the same. Bassline and everything. Then there is a small Temprees chop on top of it (the chords towards the end of the loop, and sped up vocal). I'm not even a fucking sample spotter either. There shouldn't be any speculation, yall call yourselves beat diggers???

[/disgust]

• that speeded up sample shit is getting real old.
    I can't stand that shit, either. I know this dude who does beats and half of his beats is sped up soul. I used to play records for him and he would instantly flip that shit to 45, -8 on the 1200..

• not that it matters much after the sonning of young paycheck, but the song is called "What It Is?"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    not that it matters much after the sonning of young paycheck, but the song is called "What It Is?"

• pknypkny 549 Posts

Where are they from?*

One of my Drum Library records to be exact.
    Common's assistant had me send the whole set to Kanye who quote, "needed drums".
    He put them to use again on his new album - that first joint with that Maroon 5 guy (uses the Tommy James drums).

Damn, hopefully Kayne at least hooked you up with some pink Polos in exchange for lacing him with some beats.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    that speeded up sample shit is getting real old.
    I can't stand that shit, either. I know this dude who does beats and half of his beats is sped up soul. I used to play records for him and he would instantly flip that shit to 45, -8 on the 1200..

I am also guilty of this. 45 to the minus 8!

• chasechase 767 Posts
    hey paul do you know a dude named Ra-Vee? I remeber back at DMU when your records would come out he would always say he knew you...