The Corner Drums -Why are these so nasty?

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited September 2005 in Music Talk
I could usually give a fuck, but the instrumental to Common's "The Corner" is so fucking nasty.Where are they from?*

*I ususally could care less about samples and shit, but this instrumental melts my face everytime I hear it. That Knuck Buck remix kills me.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I could usually give a fuck, but the instrumental to Common's "The Corner" is so fucking nasty.

Where are they from?*

*I ususally could care less about samples and shit, but this instrumental melts my face everytime I hear it. That Knuck Buck remix kills me.

Im fellin the same way about this.

• I could usually give a fuck, but the instrumental to Common's "The Corner" is so fucking nasty.

Where are they from?*

The Temptations Stone Cold LP. I think the song's called "Sure Is Funky". Also, the drums are panned.

• I could usually give a fuck, but the instrumental to Common's "The Corner" is so fucking nasty.

Where are they from?*

The Temptations Stone Cold LP. I think the song's called "Sure Is Funky". Also, the drums are panned.

Solid Rock LP

Mann. first davesrecords sleeping on GRAHAM NASH.

what is up with the world lately?

Where are they from?*

Solid Rock LP

I'm not a walking encylopedia when it comes to records. Thanks for the correction, though.

Where are they from?*

Solid Rock LP

I'm not a walking encylopedia when it comes to records. Thanks for the correction, though.

nah. that was directed more toward nate. and in jest of course.

Where are they from?*

Solid Rock LP

nah. that was directed more toward nate. and in jest of course.
    No hard feelings. I'm just sayin', I'm really not a walking encyclopedia when it comes to records[/b] .

Where are they from?*

They actually came from Paul Nizzas breakbeat record. Obviously he got them from the Temps though. I love that album.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I thought those drums were love - doggone .... i must be trippin.

• I thought those drums were love - doggone .... i must be trippin.

GET WITH IT

damn, we need to talk more about drum breaks on this site.

[color:white] Paging Bambouche [/color]

Not really, the way he chopped and sequenced it really sounds like the Doggone break.

Not really, the way he looped it really sounds like the Doggone break.

OK I will stop now. hahaha.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Damn, those are the Temptations drums? I thought they sounded familiar but I wouldn't have placed that right away.

'Ye's been stepping up his breakbeat heat, especially with the Cold Grits sickness for "Crack Music."

• Indeed, its on Breaks for days. I thought it was the Love drums at first, but
    I'm almost positive its the Temptations. They do sound really similar just in terms of the tone of the drums.

• Where are they from?*

One of my Drum Library records to be exact.

Common's assistant had me send the whole set to Kanye who quote, "needed drums".

He put them to use again on his new album - that first joint with that Maroon 5 guy (uses the Tommy James drums).

But yeah, they're originally from the Temps.

You can hear them used on Special Ed's "Think About It" too (at least the hit anyway).

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Where are they from?*

Common's assitant had me send the whole set to Kanye who quote, "needed drums".
    He put them to use again on his new album - that first joint with that Maroon 5 guy (uses the Tommy James drums).
    You can hear them used on Special Ed's "Think About It" too (at least the hit anyway).

Hi Paul! You're up early. Hope all is well in Po-Town, Tree City, Power Kingdom.

• Hi Paul! You're up early. Hope all is well in Po-Town, Tree City, Power Kingdom.

Oh, you know how we do... goin bowlin with members of Mad Drama and Suicide Girls with prosthetic legs.

Nahh, but for reals, I just got back from Albany. Kon Kon Yuk-chan.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I could usually give a fuck, but the instrumental to Common's "The Corner" is so fucking nasty.

Where are they from?*

Yo, I thought those were the drums from that Temprees album (my copy has that nice bacon fryin' on it too). I'm at work so I don't have the LP in front of me. Same drums on "That's Alright" by D'Angelo, I think?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hi Paul! You're up early. Hope all is well in Po-Town, Tree City, Power Kingdom.

Oh, you know how we do... goin bowlin with members of Mad Drama and Suicide Girls with prosthetic legs.

Nahh, but for reals, I just got back from Albany. Kon Kon Yuk-chan.

Word. Be careful with Mad Drama, I heard they cheat at the bowling alley and they drink all the Hennessy! Are any of the Cherry brothers still on the street or are they all locked up in Fishkill? Tell the suicide girls I said what up. What the hell were you doing in Albany? Visiting Billy Danze? Mash Out Posse folls.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Where are they from?*

Common's assistant had me send the whole set to Kanye who quote, "needed drums".

Kanye gets his drums from a supplier? wow. what do you charge for that?

Paul, you must have given him those Joe Farrell drums, cuz he is doing those to death.

• Word. Be careful with Mad Drama, I heard they cheat at the bowling alley and they drink all the Hennessy! Are any of the Cherry brothers still on the street or are they all locked up in Fishkill? Tell the suicide girls I said what up. What the hell were you doing in Albany? Visiting Billy Danze? Mash Out Posse folls.

The Cherrys are finished and soon the same will be said for the Draytons.
    From the paper of record, The Pojo...

The trial of Omnipotent Drayton begins in the City of Poughkeepsie today. Drayton faces a 10 felony indictment that includes attempted murder, attempted robbery and assault. Its alleged the Mad Drama gang member took part in the shooting that killed one of his fellow gang members in a botched robbery on May 1, 2001. Drayton faces up 50 years in jail if convicted on all charges.

• Not really, the way he chopped and sequenced it really sounds like the Doggone break

Im confused, maybe im jus mistaken but i dont think he chopped them or did anything im pretty sure its just a straight loop all the way thru. u can even still here the temptations talkin a lil bit.

Word. Be careful with Mad Drama, I heard they cheat at the bowling alley and they drink all the Hennessy! Are any of the Cherry brothers still on the street or are they all locked up in Fishkill? Tell the suicide girls I said what up. What the hell were you doing in Albany? Visiting Billy Danze? Mash Out Posse folls.

The Cherrys are finished and soon the same will be said for the Draytons.
    From the paper of record, The Pojo...

The trial of Omnipotent Drayton begins in the City of Poughkeepsie today. Drayton faces a 10 felony indictment that includes attempted murder, attempted robbery and assault. Its alleged the Mad Drama gang member took part in the shooting that killed one of his fellow gang members in a botched robbery on May 1, 2001. Drayton faces up 50 years in jail if convicted on all charges.

• Where are they from?*

Paul Nice: Your Favorite Producer's Favorite Producer.

What's up, Pencil Neck?

• Whut up Hogg?
    I need a new .... uh .... Ross Hogg promo item.
    (whew. almost set myself up there)

• Kanye gets his drums from a supplier? wow. what do you charge for that?

Nothing. It's not like they were my drums to begin with.
    Although looking at the current state of my bank account, that class action thing is sounding better & better.
    Holler Shirl!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Oh, you know how we do... goin bowlin with members of Suicide Girls with prosthetic legs.

so jelly right now

• God damn yall I mean dude the record sounds EXACTLY the same. Bassline and everything. Then there is a small Temprees chop on top of it (the chords towards the end of the loop, and sped up vocal). I'm not even a fucking sample spotter either. There shouldn't be any speculation, yall call yourselves beat diggers???

[/disgust]

Where are they from?*

Solid Rock LP

i know i should be banished from the university of breaks. back to the dollar bins. i'm going to listen to every dollar bin record i can listen to today just to make up for it.