HURRICANE RITA

flatblackplasticflatblackplastic 1,209 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
shits hitting houston and I AM OUTTA HERE!!last night i was going thru records, do i like this??YES can i replace it???NO, ok you're coming with me!!!theres mandatory evacuations for all of galveston and some of houston up to about 20 miles away from me, im taking NO chances. im taking 3 crates, my turntables,my mixer, my harddrive recorder, my cd burner, and most of my clothes. i was gonna bring my cat but my friend who doesnt have a home is gonna stay at my crib and watch my apt, cat and the 5,800 records that cant come with me.MORE LATER.

Comments

• You left your cat!

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    GOOD LUCK DUDE.

Where are you going?? I10 is gonnna be a bitch, since it already sucks and nobody's gonna be heading east.

god, i'm glad my storage space is on the second floor.

• Good luck, J! And get your cat a lifevest.

My parents and sister still live in Port Arthur, but I think they're okay (for now). Take no chances, Homie.

BTW: You get that consolation prize?

• larry-i got my homeless friend to watch my cat, im even leaving him the keys to my truck in case he needs to get out with the instruction that if he does need to leave hes gotta take miles with him.

jd-yup! headed out I-10, gonna be a bitch but i dont have a choice really? 290 will prolly be as bad.

ross-yup, got that cd, shits good and only leads me to believe that i've been sleeping on the bay.

OK, GOTTA HUSTLE!

• man, if any of yall fools need a place to crash, come to chicago

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Man, I feel you FPB!!! I wasn't trippin yesterday but damn they're talking about Category 5 (FIVE!!! FUCK!!! FIVE!!!).

Call up the connect, holla'd at some tickets and BOOM!!!

Mariko, Rintaro and I are headed to Japan tomorrow morning. Silver lining on these clouds baby!

You need anything from out there dog, hit me up on email and paypal.

duece out the roof! --- damn that actually looks like me.

• Man, I feel you FPB!!! I wasn't trippin yesterday but damn they're talking about Category 5 (FIVE!!! FUCK!!! FIVE!!!).

Call up the connect, holla'd at some tickets and BOOM!!!

Mariko, Rintaro and I are headed to Japan tomorrow morning. Silver lining on these clouds baby!

You need anything from out there dog, hit me up on email and paypal.

duece out the roof! --- damn that actually looks like me.

i didnt know planes took off during hurricanes. thats some shit right there!

Hurricane slurricane...

Shit won't be here til Sat morning. It's 700 miles away and getting well fed by global warmed gulf waters...

Indoor climate controlled storage for records and gear will finally pay off!

• larry-i got my homeless friend to watch my cat, im even leaving him the keys to my truck in case he needs to get out with the instruction that if he does need to leave hes gotta take miles with him.

OK, GOTTA HUSTLE!

Its all good I just thought it was funny. I hope everything goes well and your homeless friend doesnt have to sail your cat out on an ark. Seriously though good luck man.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Well I just got a phone call from my dad (Who I have sat numerous hurricanes out with growing up) he is not a man I would say over reacts to things. He just called to say he is evacuating tonight or tomorrow. So now I am really thinking of getting out of dodge.

I will be damned if my raer gets detroyed from some punk ass hurricane. My Raer just can't go out like that.

I got a can of tomato soup, flashlight, multitool, and fresh batteries in the portable BRING THAT SHIT RITA, YOU BITCH!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Good luck. Better safe than sorry.

peace

h

• Good luck guys!!!!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Good luck guys!!!!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I wish you all the best of luck and fortune. Hopefully this will not be as bad as predicted.

My thoughts go out to each and every one of you

GOOD LUCK

• I've got a couch anyone can crash on if they really get strapped and end up round the DC area.

This hurricane is going to jack gas prices to astronomical levels, but at least it's probably not gonna hit Mississippi or NOLA.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I've got a couch anyone can crash on if they really get strapped and end up round the DC area.

This hurricane is going to jack gas prices to astronomical levels, but at least it's probably not gonna hit Mississippi or NOLA.

I know its a long shot but if any evacuees are making their way to the west coast I got a fold out couch waiting to house you for a while

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Good Luck and keep safe.

• Good Luck and keep safe.

I will admit that when I saw that Magnetic has posted in this thread, it was to offer the Jamaican Looting-During-A-Hurricane Tips he shared with me last week.

HPD is on some "shoot to kill" on the reg, I would hate to see how they act when there's some looting in effect.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    To hell with this shit.

Houston is going insane right now, as expected there is nothing left in the groceries. Every vehicle on the road right now either is packed full of boxes or is filled with generators and tools. I'm heading to Austin in a few but I still don't think Houston is going to get hit very hard at all honestly. "crosses fingers"

• Options
    Just heard on CNBC that it's a Category 5 now.

• Just heard on CNBC that it's a Category 5 now.

Holy fuck,

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Damn, just got an email from one of my best mates who has been living in Port Aransas for the last couple years, he is out of there soon as under evacuation orders & heading probably to Austin. His folks have been over visiting him & have brought their flight back to NZ forward to tomorrow morning. I hope it all is sweet for everyone slated to be in Rita's path.

• Options
    wait a sec, didn't Aleit flee to Texas? I wonder if he has to move again?

• wait a sec, didn't Aleit flee to Texas? I wonder if he has to move again?
    Yeah, he did. I think he's in Austin. Will the hurricane hit there?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    wait a sec, didn't Aleit flee to Texas? I wonder if he has to move again?

austin is central TX right?

should be a lot safer there than anywhere coastal

• wait a sec, didn't Aleit flee to Texas? I wonder if he has to move again?

austin is central TX right?

should be a lot safer there than anywhere coastal
    that's what i was trying to say. hope he's safe...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Good luck, my people.

• man, if any of yall fools need a place to crash, come to chicago

Or Tucson.

Herm

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Just heard on CNBC that it's a Category 5 now.

This country is gonna be bankrupt after all this.

My prayers go out to everyone.