CAN YOU DRIVE AN SUV AND BE AGAINST THE WAR?

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I have a boat and an SUV, but I am completely against the war in Iraq.I use mad gas though.Am I a hypocrite?

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    no...

...but Burton has THE BEST barbeque equipment EVAR!

• I have a boat and an SUV, but I am completely against the war in Iraq.

I use mad gas though.

Am I a hypocrite?

No, but keep that shit up and you'll be poor[/b].....

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

• I have a boat and SUV.....

Am I a hypocrite?

no....you have bad taste

• no...

...but Burton has THE BEST barbeque equipment EVAR!

Nate, next time you barbeque a Fiat, I want an invite. Weenie roasts 4 dayz.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I have a boat and an SUV, but I am completely against the war in Iraq.

I use mad gas though.

Am I a hypocrite?

No. I dont think its right to call you a hypocrite. But I might seriously consider selling the suv before it becomes impossible to do so.

anyway, were americans. Being a hypocrite is what we do best!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    hypocrites are those SUV owners who sport "support our troops" magnets.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    anyway, were americans. Being a hypocrite is what we do best!

truth

Am I a hypocrite?

no....you have bad taste

You're european aren't you.

Have you ever been wakeskating behine a boat before?

check out the video's here and you understand.

http://www.hyperlite.com/

The fun makes up for all the bad taste.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I use mad gas though.

Am I a hypocrite?

No. I dont think its right to call you a hypocrite. But I might seriously consider selling the suv before it becomes impossible to do so.

Do you really think that will happen? No. Yeah the SUV sales have declined. BUt people are still gobbling them up. People still buy fuckin hummers and shit.

hhhmm HUMMERS.

I use mad gas though.

Am I a hypocrite?

Do you really think that will happen? No. Yeah the SUV sales have declined. BUt people are still gobbling them up. People still buy fuckin hummers and shit.

hhhmm HUMMERS.

wait till gas is 15 dollars a gallon and the economy is is total collapse. Then tell me about your hummer.

wait till gas is 15 dollars a gallon and the economy is is total collapse. Then tell me about your hummer.

honestly, when do you think that will be?

• I have a boat and an SUV, but I am completely against the war in Iraq.

I use mad gas though.

Am I a hypocrite?

Owning an SUV doesn't make you a hypocrite. Using "mad gas" might.* If someone who owns a hybrid uses more gas than an SUV owner they're contributing more to the problem.

*I'm not calling you a hypocrite*

• wait till gas is 15 dollars a gallon and the economy is is total collapse. Then tell me about your hummer.

Sooner than you think.

Sooner than you think.

Really? Why do you think this?

And not just some loosely based conspiracy theory stuff. Like really. How and why>

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Why do you own an SUV? I mean, why is it more practical for you to own one than a small car that uses less gas? I think that must factor into this question.

• Why do you own an SUV? I mean, why is it more practical for you to own one than a small car that uses less gas? I think that must factor into this question.

I need to tow the boat around and be able to manuever in the snow.

• one thing that you should consider is that boats pollute a crazy amount due to the fact that unfiltered burnt oil is being spit out of the boats exhaust at ridiculous amounts directly in the water. Jet skis and wave runners are even worst.

What I did to stop feeling so self-conscious about wakeboarding and snowboarding was to pick up a surf board continue riding my skateboard and my bike. Shit is still rewarding as riding and there's no guilt in it like there is with snowboarding and wakeboarding.

You gotta do what you gotta for sure and no, you're not a hypocrite. The mere fact that you're thinking about this is saying that you're not your average republican do everything in excess kind of guy.

We all need to see how we're contributing to this war in Iraq through our fuel consumption.

my brother owns a SUV and a boat. I try to get him to sell it everyday, but yet to no avail. Still trying.

cheers.

Why do you own an SUV? I mean, why is it more practical for you to own one than a small car that uses less gas? I think that must factor into this question.

I own one cause I bought it when I didnt care, and I just got married and we were having a baby. So we figured it was easier. I also have a small car.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I need to tow the boat around and be able to manuever in the snow.

So, you've kinda made a need for it yourself then.

Am I a hypocrite?

no....you have bad taste

You're european aren't you.

Have you ever been wakeskating behine a boat before?

check out the video's here and you understand.

http://www.hyperlite.com/

The fun makes up for all the bad taste.

I checked out the link to see what the hell you mean. But granted, the link does add new meaning to the original question in this thread.

shock and awe

WTF?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Sooner than you think.

And not just some loosely based conspiracy theory stuff. Like really. How and why>

No conspriacies involved, only supply and demand (think China, India, and SUVs)

Gas prices will only increase from where they are now

Europeans BEEN paying $5-8 a gallon and thats during the good times

They'll get substantially higher than that in our lifetimes unless the entire world's stance on transportation changes soon

Sooner than you think.

No conspriacies involved, only supply and demand (think China, India, and SUVs)

Gas prices will only increase from where they are now

Europeans BEEN paying $5-8 a gallon and thats during the good times

They'll get substantially higher than that in our lifetimes unless the entire world's stance on transportation changes soon

Im not saying they wont go up. but the "economy in total collapse" is what I want to know about. and the "soooner than you think" $15 a gallon.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    and the "soooner than you think" $15 a gallon.

Certainly in our lifetimes, and it seems a whole lot of folks aren't expecting that...

and the "soooner than you think" $15 a gallon.

Certainly in our lifetimes, and it seems a whole lot of folks aren't expecting that...

yeah ok,i figured that, but more like when... 2 years? 3?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Is it logically possible? Sure. Should you rethink your position? Sure.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I'm buying a motorcycle this weekened.

57 MPG? yes please, and thanks.

• and the "soooner than you think" $15 a gallon.

yeah ok,i figured that, but more like when... 2 years? 3?

we're hitting peak oil in 2010. so in 5 years you will be paying 15 dollars a gallon for gas.

i fucking hate hummers more than any other car ever made. i just got cut off the other day by one and the dudes hummer was painted camouflage and he had a big bush/cheney sticker on the back. argghh.

i think this is going to be a time in americas history that will be forgotten.

dave

• No, but keep that shit up and you'll be poor[/b].....

Word. I wouldn't even CONSIDER buying an SUV these days. My next new car with certainly be hybrid.