Oh Boy...Here Comes Homeboy w/ the Portable

13»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yo, i dont use it that much cause i try to stay in stores with listening stations, but you guys are on some high horse shit with this portable etiquitte!

Yes, im going through dollar records on my shit. No i dont wanna buy it blindly, take it home and find its worthless. Its not the dollar, its the space it takes up just being worthless junk sitting in my collection.

Yes, Im also looking for samples. But im not likely to buy your bob james records. Been digging for years, and im still looking for samples! What is wrong with that?

• I just got the Numark one, and Im

word. If you are fucking with 45s at all you better have your portable in hand, or you'll end up with a bag full of pop vocals and country. Which is cool...if you're Dizzy

That said, I'm totally sympathetic to store owners who don't allow portables in the shop. I've seen the way some people needle drop, and it ain't nothin' nice.

I've seen the weekend finds threads...use portables people, you're buying garbage.

maybe I'm just spoiled. or drunk. both probably.

• At the conventions I go to, the DEALERS all have portables, and it's good to know they're looking out. Yes, I know that it shouldn't matter if the rekkids are cheap, but even the cheapest vinyl adds up. If you're gonna drop all that loot on records, it's just good to have some kind of pre-sale turntable around. Some dealers don't know what the hell they have (you know, selling bad psychedelia as garage, or trying to pass off a disco record as funk), so having a turntable around lets the customer be the judge.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Really I see It as a funny thing If you use your portable to check 50 cent and dollar records but bringing it when you dig is dope

This is me. I bring my portablet[/b] to the flea

???[/b]

• holla....search this subject:ANTIPORTABLE,the results should be endless