arrested development - the tv show, not the group

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Tonight's show was everything we have come to expect from Arrested Development, top quality entertainment.

The show following, Resturant-something-or-other pretty much sucked though, your standard wacky-character-cheap-laugh-with-romantic-subplot type dreck...

however[/b]

what was up with the music choices. Daaaaamn, the show opens with Edit: I just realized it was Deuces Up, Double Down by the Breakestra and later they use Big Boss Man. I wasn't really paying that close attention but I was definitely struck by the songs they picked out.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the show is kitchen confidential, it's based on a book by anthony bourdain. The book is a must read.......the show itself was a bit eh. It does have potential though.

albeit I am a huge bourdain fan.

oh yeah, gob running away from the car was jokes

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    the show is kitchen confidential, it's based on a book by anthony bourdain. The book is a must read.......the show itself was a bit eh. It does have potential though.

albeit I am a huge bourdain fan.

oh yeah, gob running away from the car was jokes

aha, thanks for the book recommendation, I'll have to take a peep. Perhaps the show will pick up but the severed finger subplot (among others) took an entirely predictable turn.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yeah very cliche, but I'll give it a chance since this is the pilot after all.

go back in time and watch the pilot for most great shows and they usually stink. They always have to throw too much at you to establish characters/plot development.

it's directed by fred savage (woah!) plus harold of harold & kumar in it dude! haha

and yeah that sounded like the dap kings to me.

• what was up with the music choices. Daaaaamn, the show opens with Edit: I just realized it was Deuces Up, Double Down by the Breakestra and later they use Big Boss Man.

Yeah, that was surprising. It took me a second to realize it was Big Boss Man. I was thinking 'I have this record, what is it?'. Then the chorus came in and all was clear. I actually thought the Kitchen Confidential show was pretty funny. Maybe it just exceeded my expectations of a train wreck like the War at Home.

I love Arrested Development. Trying to pick a favorite character in that is pretty much impossible. I think in last night's episode, George Michael was

DJ Ferrari

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    what was up with the music choices. Daaaaamn, the show opens with Edit: I just realized it was Deuces Up, Double Down by the Breakestra and later they use Big Boss Man.

Yeah, that was surprising. It took me a second to realize it was Big Boss Man. I was thinking 'I have this record, what is it?'. Then the chorus came in and all was clear. I actually thought the Kitchen Confidential show was pretty funny. Maybe it just exceeded my expectations of a train wreck like the War at Home.

I love Arrested Development. Trying to pick a favorite character in that is pretty much impossible. I think in last night's episode, George Michael was

DJ Ferrari

wait - has the new season started down there already?

• George Michaels voice changed!! Hes so akward!

This show is untouchable right now.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Yeah man, last night shit was good.

George Michael was funny as fuck.

"Im Just going to wait our here, watch the Beautiful Reno Sunset"

But on a side note, I cant wait for Maybe to get a lil older.

That shit at the Sons and Dads reunion bench was funny.

"This kid found a severed hand. 'Look Daddy, a severed hand'. Anything to win approval"

• DUDES! GOB IS STEVE HOLT'S FATHER! AMAZING!
    this season is gonna be bananacakes.

DUDES! GOB IS STEVE HOLT'S FATHER! AMAZING!
    this season is gonna be bananacakes.

yeah I see good things for AD.

Although, I was a little disappointed with Tobias's character. I cant pinpoint why though.

Oh shit I forgot!

When Lindsey was photocopying her body parts--

"Thats not a volVO"

"Who can I get to go in that old musty clam trap?"

(long uncomfortable )

"Oh you mean the cabin"

• "Who can I get to go in that old musty clam trap?"

"Oh you mean the cabin"

Hahaha! You forgot the long, uncomfortable pause inbetween those 2 statements.

"Who can I get to go in that old musty clam trap?"

"Oh you mean the cabin"

Hahaha! You forgot the long, uncomfortable pause inbetween those 2 statements.

right i did. damn.

• Although, I was a little disappointed with Tobias's character. I cant pinpoint why though.

dressing up as kitty and making out with the fonz dressed like george dressed like a member of the blue man group? GENIUS.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Oh shit I forgot!

"Thats not a volVO"

and then she's like "maybe i won't get this car, it's so BOXY". that shit was hilarious.

Oh shit I forgot!

"Thats not a volVO"

and then she's like "maybe i won't get this car, it's so BOXY". that shit was hilarious.

oh shit! thats right.
    and I didnt get that joke until like 3 minutes later.

• Although, I was a little disappointed with Tobias's character. I cant pinpoint why though.

dressing up as kitty and making out with the fonz dressed like george dressed like a member of the blue man group? GENIUS.

Is it 50 dollars to make out, I dont know?

Is it 50 dollars to make out, I dont know?

Well, that what it was in L.A.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Yeah man, last night shit was good.

George Michael was funny as fuck.

"Im Just going to wait our here, watch the Beautiful Reno Sunset"

then maybe tells george michael the sun is setting behind him, he says he'll watch in the mirrors... "IT'LL SEEM CLOSER THAN IT APPEARS..."

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    ok so i finaly rented the first season (so far episodes 1 -7) to check what the hype was about and damn, its no hype, this show is just hilarious. magician dude rules, funniest character i've seen in ages.

have any of u watched the uk show "the office"? i have feeling y'all would love it.

ok so i finaly rented the first season (so far episodes 1 -7) to check what the hype was about and damn, its no hype, this show is just hilarious. magician dude rules, funniest character i've seen in ages.

have any of u watched the uk show "the office"? i have feeling y'all would love it.

I love the Office. I hate this american bullshit. I tried to watch it last night and it was god awful.

Last Mondays AD was one of the worst episodes ever. That Wee Britain shit was stupid.

Cant wait for Bob Loblaw though.

Season 2 comes out on DVD in Novemeber.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Last Mondays AD was one of the worst episodes ever. That Wee Britain shit was stupid.

this is incredibly sad and true. u can see the whole brit thing is going to be a running theme throughout the season, and i really hope it steps up to standard hilarity levels that the show has supplied in heretofore.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/30/DDGP7EVFHB1.DTL

Arrested Development." The funniest show on television is all but dead. There's no official announcement yet, but all the signs are there, and if this short-lived thing of beauty even manages to deliver half of a season, consider that a sanctioned-by-Rome miracle.

The ratings are abysmal. Fewer than 4 million viewers, which puts it in cable territory. Despite what may have been one of its funniest episodes ever in the first week, nobody watched. This past Monday, even fewer people watched. So much for Emmy power. So much for Charlize Theron as a cameo draw.

Blame? Easy. Fox moved the series from Sunday to Monday, which was: (a) stupid, (b) a planned assassination or (c) all of the above. The network barely promoted the night switch -- a killer for viewers, especially those trying to sample 30 new series -- and sure enough, "Arrested Development" drew fewer viewers than last season. Worse, once on Monday, the series got almost no push. Now, there's one more episode before Major League Baseball pre-empts the show -- and Fox will air "Prison Break" repeats in that slot for a bit after that and before, ahem, bringing back "Arrested Development."

Yeah, that'll happen. Enjoy next Monday's episode. Chances are, everything after that will be dubbed "the lost episodes" on the next DVD. Here's how things get worse for Fox: "Kitchen Confidential" is also dying on Mondays. That means Fox hasn't been able to launch a decent sitcom in some time, and, no, "The War at Home" on Sundays doesn't count. If you watch that, you deserve it.

But it's true that the audience always decides. Always. And if it doesn't want "Arrested Development" but gloms onto the asinine "War at Home," three things are in play here: (a) Nielsen families have lame taste, (b) we get the television we really deserve and (c) most damning, the theory of sophisticated urban viewers is out the window. San Francisco was the 27th-ranked market for "Arrested Development." New York, Los Angeles and Chicago all tied for 21st. And Boston was 45th. So much for savvy. Let's move to Portland, Ore., -- it was the No. 1-ranked market for "Arrested Development." Onward:

"next monday's episode" = tonight's episode...

• http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/30/DDGP7EVFHB1.DTL

Arrested Development." The funniest show on television is all but dead. There's no official announcement yet, but all the signs are there, and if this short-lived thing of beauty even manages to deliver half of a season, consider that a sanctioned-by-Rome miracle.

The ratings are abysmal. Fewer than 4 million viewers, which puts it in cable territory. Despite what may have been one of its funniest episodes ever in the first week, nobody watched. This past Monday, even fewer people watched. So much for Emmy power. So much for Charlize Theron as a cameo draw.

Blame? Easy. Fox moved the series from Sunday to Monday, which was: (a) stupid, (b) a planned assassination or (c) all of the above. The network barely promoted the night switch -- a killer for viewers, especially those trying to sample 30 new series -- and sure enough, "Arrested Development" drew fewer viewers than last season. Worse, once on Monday, the series got almost no push. Now, there's one more episode before Major League Baseball pre-empts the show -- and Fox will air "Prison Break" repeats in that slot for a bit after that and before, ahem, bringing back "Arrested Development."

Yeah, that'll happen. Enjoy next Monday's episode. Chances are, everything after that will be dubbed "the lost episodes" on the next DVD.

"next week" = tonight's episode...

thats so weak. tonights episode was so on point. And I thought they had lost it after last week's. They should cancel that Michael Rappaport show and/or American Dad/Family guy and put that shit after the simpsons.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    most damning, the theory of sophisticated urban viewers is out the window. San Francisco was the 27th-ranked market for "Arrested Development." New York, Los Angeles and Chicago all tied for 21st. And Boston was 45th. So much for savvy. Let's move to Portland, Ore., -- it was the No. 1-ranked market for "Arrested Development."

this demographic break down is very surprising and i think the most revealing part of the article (of course they act like portland is in iowa or something, i'd say it still falls in the urban demographic, no?) still a couple factors that could be causing this trend:

- how overwhelmingly white the show is. (carl weathers, ice and franklin aside). not that i am at all for minority inclusion for the sake of reaching demographics.
    - continuity/in-joke issues if we assume that these "sophisticated urban viewers" ostensibly have more things to do and are more likely to miss an episode and thus miss a lot of the jokes and story lines. of course, the rise in popularity of tivos/dvrs kinda throw this factor out the window.

i dunno, i'm stumped...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    FONT SIZE="+3">ANALRAPIST /FONT>

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    my sister was telling me that the show's ratings were suffering because people didn't understand the humor on the show as if it was some complex next level shit or something. do people really think this shit is sophisticated?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    haha that business card was awesome, hahaha

blah blahblah........genius