question for the CTI headers....

124»

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Jason Lindh Ramadan and Cous Cous

• i'm so tired. nappy bush doesn't care about blue balls.

• sub-CTI junk

• sub-CTI junk

• sub-CTI junk

• sub-CTI junk

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I like good LPs regardless of what label they are on. Every label, so-called good or bad, have produced their share of both shit and shinola. CTI has put out some quality albums, even if they do come across formulaic. This could easily said for Blue Note, Verve, Atlantic, Prestige, and so on as well (I'd say Impulse is an exception that comes to mind off hand). I find the comments in this thread, by the so-called hatters, to be very close-minded considering that we're record collectors. I'd expect some degree of open-mindedness from record collectors. Then again, people that lack esteem need pissing contests to feel good about themselves. Newbies, like whatever the fuck you want, they're your ears!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• sub-CTI junk

if you are going to own only one cti/kudu jernt (I own 3) this is the one fer sure to have

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    sub-CTI junk

if you are going to own only one cti/kudu jernt (I own 3) this is the one fer sure to have

co sign

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    sub-CTI junk

co sign

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    sub-CTI junk

co sign

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    sub-CTI junk

co sign

[color:white]No he didn't![/color]

• CTI & KUDU= Mase & Puffy.

• sub-CTI junk

First good record I ever found. Bought it for five dollars and cherish it to this day.

• Don't sleep on this !

the vocal tracks are absolute butter

• some stuff I don't know

which one is a good listen ? discuss ........

• sub-CTI junk

co sign

Power of Soul is

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    sub-CTI junk

co sign

Power of Soul is

I agree with Faux on that one, it's as good as his others on CTI/KUDU, but nothing at the level of Hubbard's Red Clay, nor does it even have even one song as hot as 'Super Strut' on Deodato2.

• sub-CTI junk

co sign

Power of Soul is

I agree with Faux on that one, it's as good as his others on CTI/KUDU, but nothing at the level of Hubbard's Red Clay, nor does it even have even one song as hot as 'Super Strut' on Deodato2.

I don't agree.........Power of Soul is much better than red clay......but I could say that first light is superior than power of soul

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    sub-CTI junk

co sign

Power of Soul is

I don't agree.........Power of Soul is much better than red clay......but I could say that first light is superior than power of soul

If funkier is better....fine, but that record doesn't touch Red Clay in any other way.

• sub-CTI junk

co sign

Power of Soul is

If funkier is better....fine, but that record doesn't touch Red Clay in any other way.

of course , not necessarly "funkier" means "better"
    .......the fact is I never been a huge fan of that red clay joint.......I prefer first light really....

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    didnt know that there was such a disgust for cti
    still one of my favorite labals
    there are a few that yall posted that i hadnt seen in the field
    good looks

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    just topping this because I didn't catch until today that Hawkwind ripped off Ron Carter's on "Red Clay" for their "Master of the Universe".