Once again, the Greatest Live LP?

2»

Comments

• I've never liked grunge or nirvana. But for some strange reason I though

was pretty dope.

The fact that I enjoyed it and I've never really been into that type of stuff makes it seem great to me.

I've also really liked James Brown Live At The Apollo and Portishead - Roseland NYC [Live]

Ditto on all three of those records. I got chills a week ago when I saw the video for Nirvana's cut of "The Man Who Sold the World." They were striding with that record -- it could have led to so much great music if they would have taken the trip all the way down that road (into some glorious alt-country).

Also love "Europe '72."

I'll cast a vote for some Voodoo Shit:

And, if only for the extra selections ("Found a Job" and "Naive Melody"):

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Birdman. I honestly think those Van Morrison LPs are awful. Not the strongest live performer.

i really enjoy van morrison's THEM, and solo work, but i once saw a live performance where his polyester jumpsuit made him looked like a singing sausage. he was all sweaty, and he looked as though he was having a james brown acid trip...

• grant green "ALIVE"
    james brown "REVOLUTION OF THE MIND"
    peace, stein. . .

• Birdman. I honestly think those Van Morrison LPs are awful. Not the strongest live performer.
    i really enjoy van morrison's THEM, and solo work, but i once saw a live performance where his polyester jumpsuit made him looked like a singing sausage. he was all sweaty, and he looked as though he was having a james brown acid trip...

I like his studio work. But even my mom told me he sucked live. I never made the effort. Maybe someday...

• respect the architect [/b]

• [

• Right now for me and for a long time:

Curtis Live
    cosign! no matter where i listen to that i'm instantly transported to the bitter end.
    another one that puts me in a front row seat is

• Not the greatest, but I revisited this today and was feeling the live parts:

Tico All Stars killin' it

On the reggae tip:

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Big co-sign on Band Of Gypsies. I also really love Trouble Funk - Saturday Night (Live from Washington, D.C.), it's a great document of how good they were back in the day.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I just passed on the TICO ALLSTARS for $4 is it really good. Soundsclips please.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Objectively speaking:

My mind garden picks:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    old love off clapton unplugged is pretty passionate.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Co-sign on many many most of these (NODEAD) with special shouts to Revolution of the Mind, Etta James & the Curtis.

Oh, and of course:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I listened to the Irakere the other day. Not really my thing. But I like the dead circa 72 so what do I know.

• I just passed on the TICO ALLSTARS for $4 is it really good. Soundsclips please.

worth the $4 to me, that's what I paid for it too, their version of Guajira Controversial smokes, and the Tico line-up is unfuckwithable. The one I posted is Vol 1 out of 3, but they are all good. They jammed that night until 3am and recorded everything, Tico wanted to release it uncut, so they put it out on three volumes. Sorry, I can't provide soundclips, don't have those capabilities.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

this be