FRUSTRATION

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I just got a call from my homegirl out in Phoenix, she was in tears telling me about how some guy started yelling at her "Go back to Africa" and then started throwing rocks.

Now my friend is the sweetest girl in my life. she grew up without parents and had to deal with social workers thoughout her childhood, she's decided to be a social worker herself to give back. There is no fucking karmic excuse for this shit. It absoulutly pisses me off. I feel like jumping in my car right now driving to Phoenix and knocking fuckers out.

sorry for the mini-rant but dammit I'm pissed

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    chill out man, Arizona is dope

• that sucks, but how does that warrant taking it out on the entire state?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Subject: Re: FUCK ARIZONA[/b]

At least you're not generalizing because one person, in one city, in the state of Arizona, said a stupid, ignorant thing and acted like they were 10 years old.

I hate to break it to you, but that shit goes on in every city & state.

Walking with someone out here, getting bottles thrown at us, etc.

It's the same shit wherever you go.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    well it ain't Like Arizona don't got a heavy history of recent racism towards blacks.

I swear its got to be the least tolerant state in the union.

When was MLK day recognized?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

At least you're not generalizing because one person, in one city, in the state of Arizona, said a stupid, ignorant thing and acted like they were 10 years old.

hows about I give you her phone number and you deliver her this same message?

for someone who has taken quite the hateful stance of racial attacks you certainly seem to be rather "whatever" about this one.

• guz - we're not saying what this person yelled at your friend was right.
    we're not saying we don't feel bad for your friend.
    we're saying "fuck arizona" is a pretty shitty reaction.

• Subject: Re: FUCK ARIZONA[/b]

for someone who has taken quite the hateful stance of racial attacks you certainly seem to be rather "whatever" about this one.

We understand your pain but please stop.

• yes fuck arizona, we don't need any one else moving over from california, ya'll can stay there and maybe our cities can stop sprawling out and ruining our beautful deserts.

• hows about I give you her phone number and you deliver her this same message?

IT'S THE ADAM KLEIN MORALITY PATROL WATCH OUT HE MIGHT SELL AN ITALIAN JOB SOUNDTRACK

• was this near ASU? We ran into some real meatheads around the bars there. Seriously the dumbest people I've ever met in my life.

• "Go Back To Africa"... I can't believe people even say this dumb shit. Damn, I wonder what I would do if heard some dumb bastard say this. How lame.

It is Phoenix, so you have to understand there are some ignorant bastards here. Phoenix isn't exactly culturally enhanced.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Yeah, Day.

The Guzz is right!

I seen that show Reno 911?

They are rascist as schitt out there in Arizona!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    guz - we're not saying what this person yelled at your friend was right.

we're not saying we don't feel bad for your friend.

we're saying "fuck arizona" is a pretty shitty reaction.

ok, maybe taking out a single incident on a whole state is a little too reactionary, but fuck it I'm pissed. Maybe its all the coverage on the news lately about race, maybe its my own ideas and experiences in AZ, maybe its hearing similar stories like this but straight up I think this shit fucking sucks. Ain't no one out there that needs to duck rocks thrown at them cause of their skin color, there ain't no fuckin excuse in the world for this shit.

plain and simple I'm fuming.

• like I said AZ sucks, please everyone leave and no one new move here.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i thought you were too good for television?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

he was also too good for geography class

...But not for DVD-viewing on the notebook.

• like I said AZ sucks

I think lyrically, he's better than nas.

had to be done. forgiveness.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

...But not for DVD-viewing on the notebook.

still it's a television show. rather lawerly of you to find a loophole in your own self inflicted sentance.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    was this near ASU? We ran into some real meatheads around the bars there. Seriously the dumbest people I've ever met in my life.

it happened in the parking lot of whatever social services building she works at. I haven't visited her in Phoenix (she recently moved out there) but she was living in Tucson before that and I saw some bullshit on a couple of trips out to the U of A

well Guzzo, like ive said before, this is one instance that calls for "black steel in the hour of chaos"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    well Guzzo, like ive said before, this is one instance that calls for "black steel in the hour of chaos"

well in the end she handled it right, she called the cops and the guy was arrested. Still it just pisses me off to an extreme level that someone would have the fucking gall to throw rocks at a woman while telling her to go back to Africa and call her a nigger.

• chill out man, Arizona is dope

While Arizona does offer scenic vistas of breathtaking desert flora and fauna, it also voted to NOT celebrate MLK Day, and is still the only state in the union to not observe Daylight Savings.

But the Grand Canyon is on some shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

well in the end she handled it right, she called the cops and the guy was arrested. Still it just pisses me off to an extreme level that someone would have the fucking gall to throw rocks at a woman while telling her to go back to Africa and call her a nigger.

I almost have to assume he was more of a retard mentally handicapped person than a coherent racist...I mean, what adult throws rocks at people, other than retards the mentally ill? All joking aside, whether he was a lobotomy victim or not, that is some bullshit for your friend to deal with, and I hope she's not too shook.

Isn't Reno in Nevada?

Isn't Reno in Nevada?

Yes. And "racist" is not actually spelled with two "S"s.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Look I love Arizona as a piece of land, but it is pretty fucked up as a state of people. Sure their are some cool people and it has a good music scene, but people are also seriously racist down their. Sure their are racists everywhere, but Arizona acts like they are Alabama in 1790.

I had a friend move down there and the first bar he went into the whole place stopped and dude told him "we don't allow niggers in here". Come on that's some pretty fucked up stuff. Plus, plenty of states that would have made the news etc, but in Arizona that shti just happens.

Go back to Africa and throwing rocks! What do you think he just came up with that on his own? No, it was learned behavior from the people around him.

There was a bar up here in Washington that didn't allow people to speak Spanish and that was all over the news and had a big deal made out of it.

• I once considered fucking Arizona, but it was way too hot.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts

You seem really obsessed with solving problems with firearms. I really hope that's just your self-parodying internet persona and you're not like those folls in that 5 page thread

You seem really obsessed with solving problems with firearms. I really hope that's just your self-parodying internet persona and you're not like those folls in that 5 page thread
    im gonna tell you a secret: a hate fighting of any kind. im basically just poking fun at myself on this site, i hate fighting and violence. shit is just stupid. fighting is primal, humans are too advanced for that shit now, talk shit out, most likely it wont be a big deal. i do squab it out every once in awhile only when its ABSOLUTELY nessecary, cuz i do have bangs, but fighting/shooting/killing/murder aint cool guys. dont listen to the mack

• Raising Arizona was a good movie.