What dropped today

mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
It's TuesdayAnybody know what came out today?I have been dying to hear some new ish....any recomendations!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

It's Tuesday

Anybody know what came out today?
    I have been dying to hear some new ish....any recomendations!

some white rapper from texas

I bet he's no cage

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Paul following in Mike Jones's footsteps. Wish he took more of a Slim Thug route, but whatever.

• Ohmegga Whatts. Seriously really interested in this dudes production/music

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    DJ Quik - Trauma
    Keak da Sneak - That's My Word

those are the 2 I'm lookin to pick up.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DJ Quik - Trauma

Oh shit, this finally came out? I've gotta runcopdat.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    DJ Quik - Trauma

I remember seein a thread for this how is it?

• DJ Quik - Trauma

• I saw that guy's video on tv for the first time the other day and actually laughed. I couldn't beleive it. I was like "THIS is what people think is great now????"

I (obviously) just don't get it. Then I saw the Mike Jones one and that made me laugh too and even HJ was like "is this guy serious, or is this a joke?"

Maybe its just me, but when you can't even tell if something is a joke or not.... well, thats just kinda sad.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    [quoteI (obviously) just don't get it. Then I saw the Mike Jones one and that made me laugh too and even HJ was like is this guy serious, or is this a joke?

That's pretty much how I feel. Good to see I'm not alone in that on these boards.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    the ohmega watts is nice. the lyrics are little too true-schooly happy-go-lucky at times, but the production is real dope.

doesnt the new Little Brother come out today?

Maybe its just me, but when you can't even tell if something is a joke or not.... well, thats just kinda sad.

This is coming from a dude who is in love with MC Shy D.

Saying, you'll be loving this stuff in 10 years I bet. Maybe 15, hah.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Paul following in Mike Jones's footsteps. Wish he took more of a Slim Thug route, but whatever.

dude what the fuck are you talking about? mike jones footsteps? slim thug route? what paul should've made an album with the neptunes?

dude what the fuck are you talking about? mike jones footsteps? slim thug route? what paul should've made an album with the neptunes?

Naah, I'm talking about style. I think Paul is looking for something to match the ploy of "Who? Mike Jones" and his song about his Grandma, but songs like "I got the innanet goin' nutz" and the really campy chi lites sample song..I dunno, they don't really do it. Other than Sittin' Sidewayz, I think it's going to be hard for Atlantic to promote this thing. T.I. helps I guess, I dunno.

Slim Thug's album has more of an edge, and yeah the Neptunes. If you listen to all the Slim Thug and Paul Wall freestyles and even the promo Paul Wall Swishahouse mixtape, Paul's style is clearly more in the vein of Slim Thug than Mike Jones.

• Paul following in Mike Jones's footsteps. Wish he took more of a Slim Thug route, but whatever.

slim's album is a lot better than paul's

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

slim's album is a lot better than paul's
    slim's album is a lot better than a lot of the shit released this year

• Maybe its just me, but when you can't even tell if something is a joke or not.... well, thats just kinda sad.

• slim's album is a lot better than paul's
    That's too bad 'cause it was pretty god damn underwhelming. Bought it and listened 5 times maybe.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    paul's album is a lot better than slim's

sorry.

• Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

paul's album is a lot better than slim's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry.

if only for the lil wayne feature.

• You guys are SLEEPING.....

P.S. - Pick up that Ohmegga Watts, he's the homie...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    T.I. & Bun B & Three 6 Mafia & Freeway & BG & Kanye West & Grit Boys help I guess

Paul Wall's album is really good. I really like everything but Got Plex & Girl (I agree that Chi Lites sample is corny). As a whole it is much more varied than either Mike Jones or Slim Thug's albums. I'm not one of those dudes who thinks he is THE BEST THING SINCED SLICED BREAD but he has a sick flow, he picks good beats and is really consistent.

I want to hear that Keak the Sneak and DJ Quick too. Back to the store!

• T.I. & Bun B & Three 6 Mafia & Freeway & BG & Kanye West & Grit Boys help I guess

Paul Wall's album is really good. I really like everything but Got Plex & Girl (I agree that Chi Lites sample is corny). As a whole it is much more varied than either Mike Jones or Slim Thug's albums. I'm not one of those dudes who thinks he is THE BEST THING SINCED SLICED BREAD but he has a sick flow, he picks good beats and is really consistent.

yeah, i've been listening to paul wall for a long time now (i'm from tex) and i guess i've just gotten a little bored with his flow or something. not like the album is terrible or anything .. it's got some beats on it .. but it's like he just has one verse now. if you want to call that consistent i'm not going to argue. take 'drive slow' for example - thought that was a chance for him to really change it up but he just came with the same shit. i'm surprised to hear you say it's more varied than slim thug's album - that's pretty much the reason i said i liked slim's album more between the two of them. the track 'already platinum' is better than anything on the people's champ to me.

but mike jones' album is terrible.

i tell you what though, those DSR dudes are starting to grow on me .. i always liked tuck but the shit i've heard from them recently seems like they're getting better.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    DJ Quik - Trauma

good...not great but good...good enough that I downloaded it and liked it so I'll go buy it to support dude.

• I have this downloading at home right now. I heard the first song and it was pretty good. the beat was real nice. i look forward to hearing the rest.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    T.I. & Bun B & Three 6 Mafia & Freeway & BG & Kanye West & Grit Boys help I guess

ironically the TI track sucks

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    One too many Almond Joys, I went to see this girl in person
    When she opened the door I damn near went to cryin and cursin
    too many mega-bites, not enough road runner
    but big girls need love too so I beat it up like Royal Rumble

• oh shit...going to best buy right now to cop. thanks for the heads up!

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    One too many Almond Joys, I went to see this girl in person
    When she opened the door I damn near went to cryin and cursin
    too many mega-bites, not enough road runner
    but big girls need love too so I beat it up like Royal Rumble