The ECM Sound -- Discussion in two Parts

13»

Comments

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    a bunch of pots and pans he attached violin strings to. importance (to him) of having non-musicians play, because "everyone has rhythm." Dude is just trying to chill, basically and how can you hate on that?

Who needs to spend $3 to hear some bama donkey punching his old lady in the shed?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    kinda like how folks used to dis Le Tigre ("Couldn't afford the alligator, huh?").

Where is the Tiger? Where is the Tiger???

Seriously, that shit is coming back. I went to the mall *ahem* maaaaaaooowwwlll (to tear it up) and they had a whole display in Macy's. Best believe it'll be the official gear for cornball white kids who strive to be the next Carson Daily Kanye West.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    kinda like how folks used to dis Le Tigre ("Couldn't afford the alligator, huh?").

Where is the Tiger? Where is the Tiger???

Seriously, that shit is coming back. I went to the mall *ahem* maaaaaaooowwwlll (to tear it up) and they had a whole display in Macy's. Best believe it'll be the official gear for cornball white kids who strive to be the next Carson Daily Kanye West.

I actually meant to say "like them annoying ass 'Growing up Gotti' kids".

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Meredith Monk -- now that's real. I started buying her records cause I thought she was Thelonious' daugter.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    a bunch of pots and pans he attached violin strings to. importance (to him) of having non-musicians play, because "everyone has rhythm." Dude is just trying to chill, basically and how can you hate on that?

Who needs to spend $3 to hear some bama donkey punching his old lady in the shed?

You

to sample

Ring modulated keys, loopy bass, tight drums. Sick. $50

Killer bassline on one track. $10

Funkiest ECM, wah-wah elec. Harpsichord. $15

Fuzzed out basslines over mellotron. $1

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    only reason i pick up ecm is for sample, lotsa nice clean shit to sample, solo hits for days...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Yeah, seriously, ECM ain't funky, but I like a few rekkids on the label. 'Like' is the operrative word though - it's a label that could not exist and also not adversely effect my existence, if you know what i mean.

ahem... Michael Naura - Vanessa LP....

peace.