Muro vs K-Prince

ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Sippin on sprizitebeen diggin this also now: CD 1 (DJ Muro):1. Sprite TV Spot feat. Pete Rock & CL Smooth2. Sprite TV Spot feat. Large Professor, Grand Puba3. Mighty Maestro - 'The One Man Band Strikes Again'4. Priority One - 'Tuff City Material'5. Glamorous - 'Good To Go'6. P.D.A. In Effect - 'Smooth'7. DJ Prince Ice - 'Funky Git Down'8. M.D.S. Production - 'Because I'm A Pro'9. Live N' Effect Posse - 'We Got To Get Paid'10. King Sun - 'King Sun With Sword'11. Poor Righteous Teachers - 'Butt Naked Booty Bless'12. Boogie Down Productions - 'Jack Of Spades'13. Ms. Melodie - 'Live On Stage'14. Todd Terry - 'Made By The Man'15. Just Ice - 'Get Into Something'16. Ultramagnetic MC's - 'Message'17. MF 911 - 'Get Open'18. Maestro Fresh Wes feat. Percee P. - 'Pray To The East'19. Maestro Fresh Wes - 'Bring It On (Showbiz Remix)'20. The Freestyle Professors - 'The Hardcore Villain'CD 2 (DJ K-Prince):1. Most Wanted - 'Good Old Days'2. Raw Dope Posse - 'Listen To My Turbo'3. Dose Material - 'Dope Material'4. Heartbeat Brothers - 'Time To Get Paid'5. Tall Dark & Handsome - 'The Bronx Is Back'6. Another Def Creation - 'The Beat Keeper'7. Rakim - 'Coolin' Out With St. Ide's'8. Keefy Keef - 'Three's Company'9. 800 Money - 'Dealin' With Aces'10. Sport G. & Mastermind - 'Live'11. MC EZ & DJ Troup - 'Just Rhymin'12. Foundation 7 - 'Compredator'13. Mac 10 - 'Soul On A Roll'14. Sha-Bar - 'Lethal Weapon'15. New England Massive - 'Mind Is A Universe'16. Phill Most Chill Old School Skit17. 800 Money - 'Simple Demonstration'18. Double J - 'Double J'z Tantrum'19. Prince Of Dance Music - 'Groove To Get Down'20. Pre-Sweet - 'In Effect'

Comments

• that's a dope mix indeed.
    k-prince is one of the biggest dudes out there.

• i'm not up on alot of the tracks, but damn if it aint fresh.

• highly recommended for anyone interested in the 'random rap' stuff.

• k-prince is one of the biggest dudes out there.

• Keefy Keef =
    Most Wanted also is
    Tons of guns on this mix, mane (guns = heaters)

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Word! Those my hommies right there. What up Koji! I'll start a Muro mix tape thread with pictures later today. Dude is really a fool with the mixtapes.

• i love this mixtape. Kohjis selection is amazing, Dealin with Aces is incredible. Been tryin to get hold og the EP with that Mind Is A Universe track for a while, oh FYI Mind Is A Universe is done by Holocaust Frost and not New England Massive like the tracklist says

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    16. Phill Most Chill Old School Skit

whats this?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    where can I cop?

or at least mp3's so I can feel like I know what's up?

• Word! Those my hommies right there. What up Koji! I'll start a Muro mix tape thread with pictures later today. Dude is really a fool with the mixtapes.

Is K-Prince the hommie that said "she got mad skillzzz"?

Word! Those my hommies right there. What up Koji! I'll start a Muro mix tape thread with pictures later today. Dude is really a fool with the mixtapes.

Nah Weezey, the hommie Taka "Silverchild" said that! He's got some break mix CDs out now. K-Prince is the hommie Koji and he holds in down in the Bronx. Got crazy records for DAYS.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    where can I cop?

or at least mp3's so I can feel like I know what's up?

• Sippin on sprizite

CD 1 (DJ Muro):

1. Sprite TV Spot feat. Pete Rock & CL Smooth
    2. Sprite TV Spot feat. Large Professor, Grand Puba
    5. Glamorous - 'Good To Go'

CD 2 (DJ K-Prince):
    2. Raw Dope Posse - 'Listen To My Turbo'
    5. Tall Dark & Handsome - 'The Bronx Is Back'
    20. Pre-Sweet - 'In Effect'

i'm drinking apple schwepps, needing a copy of this.

• man, I had 2 of those Pre Sweet 12"s at one point... sold em for 2$ a piece to Dusty Groove ..... looked on Ebay the next day..and that shit had just sold for 400+

just one in a series of the record selling hall of shame

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Great CD set - shouts to Kohji, if he's out there reading this (one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys out there).
    That mix set was as dope as Chairman Mao's radio set and Ivory's 'Hear No Evil' series. Seriously, if you haven't got it and are curious, it's well worth dropping the loot on.

Still searching for that 'Mind Is A Universe' (thanks for the info on that) and the Keefy Keef myself... finally copped the Most Wanted track!

Great stuff.

• Word! Those my hommies right there. What up Koji! I'll start a Muro mix tape thread with pictures later today. Dude is really a fool with the mixtapes.

Nah Weezey, the hommie Taka "Silverchild" said that! He's got some break mix CDs out now. K-Prince is the hommie Koji and he holds in down in the Bronx. Got crazy records for DAYS.

Kohji is the hommie and comes to the shop all the time. He is primarily responsible for bringing Muro down as well.

Sup blud!

• 16. Phill Most Chill Old School Skit

whats this?

It's a skit from the Baritone Tiplove 12" I did back in '91... a bunch of quick samples from live old school tapes with like the Force MC's, Jazzy 5 MC's, Cold Crush, Fantastic 5, Masterdon & Def Committee, etc.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

whats this?

It's a skit from the Baritone Tiplove 12" I did back in '91... a bunch of quick samples from live old school tapes with like the Force MC's, Jazzy 5 MC's, Cold Crush, Fantastic 5, Masterdon & Def Committee, etc.

What's up, cuddo?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• What's up, cuddo?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm good, cuddyright... what's poppulatin' with you? What up with those heaters, mane?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    What's up, cuddo?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm good, cuddyright... what's poppulatin' with you? What up with those heaters, mane?

I'm waiting on Soma45 to PM me the addy. Plus, I'm trying to cook up a couple new joints to send as well. I've been really busy working on research trying to finish it up before classes start going strong.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

L to R: Muro, K-Prince & Paul Neezey

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    L to R: Muro, K-Prince & Paul Neezey

Muro's shirt is

• I just re-listened.... K-Prince's side is

• Actually I picked up a copy of that Sport G & Mastermind track a while back aswell, serious Paul C heat, . It seems like that Keefy Keef track is on everyones wants list, does anyone have it??

• I'm waiting on Soma45 to PM me the addy. Plus, I'm trying to cook up a couple new joints to send as well. I've been really busy working on research trying to finish it up before classes start going strong.

YO Stacks, I PM'd you my addy weeks ago...the day after we spoke on the phone. I'll re-send it again right nizzow. We got this joint called "Pursuing Oblivion" that is just waitin for one of your heatrocks. We recorded it to an old Doom instrumental for now...

Tell Phill Most to quit bitin' our slang. I seen dude bitin' my steeze a few times. Stop that. If he jumps on the Wille Parker bandwagon after this Sunday, we're gonna have beef. -Check ya PM's - Out!!!

(yo phill, that xlr8r review is the same one that's been in there for a while. peace!)

• man, I had 2 of those Pre Sweet 12"s at one point... sold em for 2$ a piece to Dusty Groove ..... looked on Ebay the next day..and that shit had just sold for 400+

just one in a series of the record selling hall of shame

damn man, i feel for you. just tell me you kept a copy?????

i need an original of that, i can double your money on the next copy. fuck that, i got a finski on it.

• I didnt keep a copy. They were VG- or worse though from what I remember. So not a total travesty.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i pulled it sleeveless from the most bama of pg thrift shops about a year ago. shit is so raw, imho this cut on the flip is way nicer than threes company too. one of about of a half dozen "random rap" records i own that i would have a damn hard time trading or sending to the ebay machine.

• Fuck a Keefy Keef.... These tracks are B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Sha-Bar - 'Lethal Weapon'

New England Massive - 'Mind Is A Universe'

• Speaking of random rap... nextrecords1992 in Japan owes me 300$ plus for some rap 12ss he won and paypal chargebacked me for about 8 months ago.

If any of you Japanese heads knows this dude, tell him I'm still salty about this shit.