KANYE- Most important rapper since Pac? Or EVER?

1235»

Comments

• and of course as George says if you want to really get in trouble criticize my son[/b] to me.

That's a frightening comment right there.

damn I missed that the first time. scarier still is how cavalier she is about issuing a g*ddamn death threat on national television.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Are those his literal words?

If so, it's telling that he can't come up with a more definitive word than "think".

He's your own damn son--you should know.

If my memory serves me correctly, those were his literal words. Did anybody else catch the interview?

"I don't think that's true..."

The transcript is here --not exactly how drewn remembers it, but I do recall GHWB's inflection to be rather unconvincing:

G. BUSH: Sure. I don't think -- certainly I'm not satisfied but I'm just talking about the blame game and there was one particularly vicious comment that the president didn't care, was insensitive on ethnicity.

I love it--somehow the Black dude who points out the amount of suffering this administration has caused Black people is the one that's guilty of being "insensitive on ethnicity".

KING: Yes.

G. BUSH: Insensitive about race. Now that one hurt because I know this president and I know he does care and you know what can he do? He can just go out and do what he's doing today, showing that the federal government is involved, has been involved, will continue to be involved.

KING: How did you react, Barbara, when race was brought up and someone mentioned that your son doesn't care?

B. BUSH: I don't believe that. I really didn't hear it. I'm going to tell you the truth but I don't believe it. I know it's not true and of course as George says if you want to really get in trouble criticize my son to me.

KING: I know.

B. BUSH: But I really didn't hear that at all today. People came up to me all day long and said "God bless your son," people of different races and it was very, very moving and touching and they felt like when he flew over that it made all the difference in their lives[/b] so I just don't hear that.

This is so bizarre it should be engraved in stone somewhere.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You guys left out the best part of the Barbara Bush interview, where she made it clear that most of the people were so poor that it didn't matter if they were being forced to live in cramped unsanitary squalor, because they are used to it:

Commenting on the facilities that have been set up for the evacuees -- cots crammed side-by-side in a huge stadium where the lights never go out and the sound of sobbing children never completely ceases -- former First Lady Barbara Bush concluded that the poor people of New Orleans had lucked out.

"Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them," Mrs. Bush told American Public Media's "Marketplace" program, before returning to her multi-million dollar Houston home.

On the tape of the interview, Mrs. Bush chuckles audibly as she observes just how great things are going for families that are separated from loved ones, people who have been forced to abandon their homes and the only community where they have ever lived, and parents who are explaining to children that their pets, their toys and in some cases their friends may be lost forever

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    and of course as George says if you want to really get in trouble criticize my son[/b] to me.

damn I missed that the first time. scarier still is how cavalier she is about issuing a g*ddamn death threat on national television.

Shiiiiiiit, if criticizing Dubya will get you in trouble, then I should be Public Enemy #1!!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    and of course as George says if you want to really get in trouble criticize my son[/b] to me.

Shiiiiiiit, if criticizing Dubya will get you in trouble, then I should be Public Enemy #1!!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

After re-reading that I think I took it out of context. But i'm sure what was said is valid anyway.

• On the tape of the interview, Mrs. Bush chuckles audibly as she observes just how great things are going for families that are separated from loved ones, people who have been forced to abandon their homes and the only community where they have ever lived, and parents who are explaining to children that their pets, their toys and in some cases their friends may be lost forever
    yup. i would love to see her in that situation.
    on yet another note, families are being denied their pets on evacuation busses. kids (who have already lost everything) bawling as they see their damn dogs be led off to the pound. small i the scheme of things, but daaaamn.

and they felt like when he flew over that it made all the difference in their lives

faux rillz...you said it. this shithead woman needs to be clockworked oranged and played her stupid ass quote over and over again with footage of this disaster along with her jerk off son jerking off in crawford