Kanye (NBC Hurricane Relief Fund Telethon) -

2»

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Why is Condi Rice shoppin' for shoes in Manhattan w/ this goin' on?

see...that's what makes me sick.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    nobody wins

but really though, I feel you in your own unique way of communicating.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    it was a bad answer...

i saw so many pictures of the event that made me feel like that Dead Prez censored cover...i feel a bit sick.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    nobody wins

Too true D...

For those interested, here's the full clip (I think) -

And a final thought (for now) on this - if you're expectin' hip-hop artists to be agitators/activists instead of just payin' lip service and out for self, isn't this a (raer) instance of it despite its (potentially) inappropriate platform?

http://sr1.mytempdir.com/142945

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    nobody wins

Too true D...

For those interested, here's the full clip (I think) -

And a final thought (for now) on this - if you're expectin' hip-hop artists to be agitators/activists instead of just payin' lip service and out for self, isn't this a (raer) instance of it despite its (potentially) inappropriate platform?

http://sr1.mytempdir.com/142945

Word, thanks for putting up the whole segment, that makes for much different viewing. I don't see how people can call this a publicity stunt - dude probably just looked at those cue cards and said "fuck this - I'm gonna speak my mind."

I wish more people would subvert the media like that.

• No doubt Kanye put it down! But I would have to say being president would suck about now. & I bet if anyone else was Prez it would have gone down the same... Yall can blame Bush but bush is just the puppet, no matter what, this type of ish was bound to happen sooner or later and yall could put the finger on bush and everything but if any of you have read the Bible all this ish was bound to happen... goverment whatever I now they are to blame but life will never be perfect no matter what, people just need to help these folks quick... The crazy ish is the freakin Charity Hospital with 200 + patients dieing and across the street the staff gets a free ride home from the copter? NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT! NOW THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT!!!!!! The goverment is fucking up bad!!! Also this is a perfect time to bail Iraq bring the troops home now!!! & Fuck that war Cause Iraq is a lost cause for real!!! Now don't get me wrong I support our troops 100% but that war is usless, if they just want oil just jack them at the drive thru like cube.... ( I just think this is a perfect excuse to give the Iraqi folks, bail on them and take care of our own first!)...

• Damn! I liked seeing this from Kanye...it sort of redeems a lot of the arrogant interviews that I've seen in the past. I do think it was planned but you could see dude was shaken up about it, so he does care.

I woulda preferred him to also mention the illiminuati somewhere in there before it cut out...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    The crazy ish is the freakin Charity Hospital with 200 + patients dieing and across the street the staff gets a free ride home from the copter? NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT! NOW THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT!!!!!!

I'm not in favor of favoritism either, but when I spoke to my friend in Houston last night, his mom who's a staff pharmacist @ one of the hospitals in N.O. had been there all along while her family includin' my friend left N.O./Metairie to head to Houston on Sunday; there's supposedly a relief staff comin' in this weekend or Monday...

Not tryin' to justify the preferential treatment, but these people committed to stay and help as much as possible despite the circumstances... And, yes, it's part of the job, but my friend who's also part of the medical community recounted that there were medical staff in FL (deemed essential) who refused to work durin' Andrew and were handed their walkin' papers - the option was there...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Damn! I liked seeing this from Kanye...it sort of redeems a lot of the arrogant interviews that I've seen in the past. I do think it was planned but you could see dude was shaken up about it, so he does care.

I woulda preferred him to also mention the illiminuati somewhere in there before it cut out...

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    But I would have to say being president would suck about now.

The crazy ish is the freakin Charity Hospital with 200 + patients dieing and across the street the staff gets a free ride home from the copter? NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT! NOW THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Also this is a perfect time to bail Iraq bring the troops home now!!! & Fuck that war Cause Iraq is a lost cause for real!!! Now don't get me wrong I support our troops 100% but that war is usless, if they just want oil just jack them at the drive thru like cube.... ( I just think this is a perfect excuse to give the Iraqi folks, bail on them and take care of our own first!)...

ummm what? it's his fucking job. that's what he's paid to do. i haven't heard about the hospital employees getting a ride home in the helicopters, but so the fuck what?! the majority of all the hospital workers have been there in their hospitals since the hurricane hit and haven't even had the chance to check the status of their own home and family situation! that's some mother fucking dedication!! give'em 100 rides in the helicopter.

bush will never pull our people out of iraq becuase of katrina. he's committed to showing the world that he is capable of multi tasking.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    In a selfish and unprofessional move

In a disgusting display

Fuck Juicee news, and fuck scripted insincerity. Much props to Kanye. Definitely much more respect for him right now.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1650403

Burn in hell Kanye West - you should be embarrassed over your comments.

Also, Fuck FARK.

- spidey

• Go kanye! too bad his speech about the national guard being told to shoot american citzens is gonna be dwarfed by "George Bush doest care about black people" -- but goddamn that was funny how they cut it to Chris tucker. I'm sure New Orleans native Paul Mooney is having a field day with that. If you've ever had the pleasure of meeting Paul, you know he pissed himself laughing.

As far as the hospital employees getting airlifted -- don't be a dumbass! The fucking DOCTORS AND NURSES DESERVE SPECIAL TREATMENT - HOW ELSE CAN THEY HELP THE PEOPLE IN TROUBLE???????

God Bless New Orleans. Anyone heard from Quintron? Dr. Ike from the mau maus emailed me today and he's in houston safe with his wife.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Kanye's gonna catch some heat but given the tenor of the times, this isn't like Sinead ripping up the Pope on SNL. A LOT of people are pissed at Bush, rightly so, and however impolitic Kanye's comments may have been in the context of the telethon, he's going to ride this out fine. His album sales will tell the tale and frankly, if anything, this has only enhanced him in the eyes of mainstream press who will want to focus on him even more now.

And to respond to any earlier comment - sniping slowed down some evacuations but the main source of relief was the National Guard which took FOUR DAYS to reach New Orleans. That had nothing to do with sniping, looting or lawlessness. That had to do with poor management, lack of preperation and the lack of political will to provide help when needed.

• Although at this point in time, I tend to feel that the only people who can lay claim to say whether or not it was "worth it" are in no position to be watching tv tonight.

you think they would have said something different????
    did they have any nola superdome refugees as unscripted telethon guests?

middle america is really giving the vast amount of $$$$$ ???

and we certainly wouldnt want johnny ray or bobby joe to be exposed to anything that would remotely criticize their infallible president. afterall, he has done so much for the average american worker...redneck or brownneck (plaese to read NewYork Times of today where headlines proclaim economic boom, except for workers raises, which have been the same for 5 years.)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'll say this much - this disaster is finally forcing a lot of Americans, especially public officials, to deal with issues of poverty and race in ways that they would normally sweep quietly under the rug. I know that makes a lot of people uncomfortable but it's a conversation long, long, long overdue.

• this disaster is finally forcing a lot of Americans, especially public officials, to deal with issues of poverty and race in ways that they would normally sweep quietly under the rug. I know that makes a lot of people uncomfortable but it's a conversation long, long, long overdue.

I really hope this happens too. But how far will it go? I'm sure the longsheet papers of records will talk about it, but will six o'clock news shows or USAToday? So, I'll be watching the three hour Larry King special tomorrow with my fingers crossed. I think if issues of poverty and race reaches there, then it really is being talked about by everyone.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    this disaster is finally forcing a lot of Americans, especially public officials, to deal with issues of poverty and race in ways that they would normally sweep quietly under the rug. I know that makes a lot of people uncomfortable but it's a conversation long, long, long overdue.

I really hope this happens too. But how far will it go? I'm sure the longsheet papers of records will talk about it, but will six o'clock news shows or USAToday? So, I'll be watching the three hour Larry King special tomorrow with my fingers crossed. I think if issues of poverty and race reaches there, then it really is being talked about by everyone.

If it makes the mainstream media look at itself and how it's racism is so deeply entrenched, that would be a switch, but I won't be holding my breath.

• That Kanye bit (Bush + national guard) and the most heated part of the mayor's speech was just quoted on Finnish national TV, prime time news, first segment-- kinda caught me off-guard...

• Now if someone could PLAESE UL the diggin' video...

http://thebqhaps.com/random/KanyeBenefit.wmv

• Kanye is like my new favorite person. You can tell he is all emotional and nervous. go head Mike Myers is seriously the most uncomfortable white man ever.

• :melt:

Kanye is like my new favorite person. You can tell he is all emotional and nervous. go head Mike Myers is seriously the most uncomfortable white man ever.

Cosign. I also enjoyed the brief scene of a surprised Chris Tucker. I don't know ho Myers kept a straight face the whole time.
    Kanye West for President!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I don't know how Myers kept a straight face the whole time.

It's called 'shock'.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

I really wish that people would stop making this sign with thier hands because I know that they do not know what it means... I would not be suprised if Afika Bambatta and George Clinton know.

• Damn, that's quick... I just printed one up myself with a screenshot of Kanye from that telethon. I have a feeling this is gonna be a very popular t-shirt in the hood.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    George Bush doesn't care about black people.

Best shit EVER.

• I really hope this happens too. But how far will it go? I'm sure the longsheet papers of records will talk about it, but will six o'clock news shows or USAToday? So, I'll be watching the three hour Larry King special tomorrow with my fingers crossed. I think if issues of poverty and race reaches there, then it really is being talked about by everyone.

So I was just watching a clip from Larry King, and he asked Jesse Jackson if Jesse agrees with Kanye's view. Jesse interpreted what Kanye was getting at well, and said if Bush does care, "he doesn't show it."

BO! BO! BO!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I don't know how Myers kept a straight face the whole time.

It's called 'shock'.
    i bet he had a brief instinctive comedy reaction to improvise.

kanye looked SHOOK.

• kanye looked SHOOK.

As well he should, if you ask me. All the more reason to love this dude right now- emotional and nervous as hell, but he still said that shit anyway.

"Ohhhhh shit... uh... uh..."

• Damn, that's quick... I just printed one up myself with a screenshot of Kanye from that telethon. I have a feeling this is gonna be a very popular t-shirt in the hood.

Definitely more popular in the hood that his albums are.