ARC - Nov 2019

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,538 Posts
I will be there!  Flying in Thursday and will hit Friday / Sat.  Any of the last lone Strutters going?

billbradley

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,539 Posts
    I'm planning on setting up as a dealer again at the Fall show. Let me know if you need Austin recommendations or want to meet up. There is a dealer dinner that Rich/Rockadelic usually hosts on Friday night. Some of old school SoulStrutters GeneP, Archaic/HarveyCanal, CoolHands, and others are usually there. I hosted a record swap at my house on Thursday last time. I will probably end up doing that again. It's much more comfortable for everyone to meet up at a house than in a cramped hotel room.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,539 Posts
    Last week I got a confirmation email saying that my dealer application has been accepted. The last ARC was by far the biggest ever. Hopefully that trend continues. 

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,538 Posts
    Sorry for the late reply, @billbradley .  I'll be arriving Thursday night and leaving Sunday. I got an Alfred apt close to the venue so planning on walking / ubering to any interesting chow spots.  I'm down to hang Friday night.  Still trying to get Otis Funkmeyer to tag along.  I'll hit you up on IG as the time approaches.

Here are some good spots close to the convention center

Sandy's Hamburgers on Barton Springs right across from the Convention Center has cheap, good old fashioned style burgers. Thursday night is their $5 combo deal (burgers, fries, and a drink for 5 bucks). Their frozen custard and hot fudge sundaes are great. 

La Mexicana Bakery is on South 1st and open 24 hours a day. Pop in for some migas tacos and chips and salsa when you get the munchies late hours. Their tres leches cake and pastry cone filled with vanilla cream are my favorites also.

Polvo's Mexican is on South 1st next to La Mexicana bakery. It gets busy but is good also.

Black's BBQ is on on Barton Springs right across from the Convention Center also. Their brisket and pork ribs are good.

If there are any specific types of food or beer/cocktails you are looking for I can give you more recommendations. 
    RAJ

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,538 Posts
    Thanks man.  I love BBQ and Mexican.  So sounds like Austin is my kind of place!