How Many Albums Have You Found At One Time?

I actually found forty Jazz LP'S some years ago at the thrift store,all in mint condition.

Comments

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 181 Posts
    Many (but never 40; why is it always everyone else with these stories???).

gJ

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,110 Posts
    Pfffffffft, decent albums? Not many super deep scores. If you search the archives there are some Strutters who've come up with big hauls. Frank for one had some stupid pics of him climbing mountains of afro LPs, just hunting for playable heat.

• JimsterJimster Unshazamable saudade chord vehicle 6,170 Posts
    I got the Jeff Lorber Fusion entire catalog (as it was in 1990ish) in one go.  That was six.  Someone just offloaded 'em I guess.  ::smfh::

TO TIRE OF DENNIS BRADFORD'S DRUMMING IS TO TIRE OF LIFE.

• I would've loved to have found some[Jeff Lorber Fusion]good find.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 342 Posts
    There was a Strutteur (don’t recall who) from a while back who scored a heavy library haul. Something like a big chunk of the Bruton catalogue, and/or Selected Sound. Can’t remember, but it was about 120+ records that were found in a dumpster, all in VG+ or better shape. 

Also, the one Sklute found a Ghetto Brothers OG just outside his shop leaning against a garbage receptacle. 

• RishanRishan 441 Posts
    para11ax said:
    There was a Strutteur (don’t recall who) from a while back who scored a heavy library haul. Something like a big chunk of the Bruton catalogue, and/or Selected Sound. Can’t remember, but it was about 120+ records that were found in a dumpster, all in VG+ or better shape. 

Also, the one Sklute found a Ghetto Brothers OG just outside his shop leaning against a garbage receptacle. 

Yeah, I remember that but forget who it was. A serious haul anyway. Pics were amazing.

Who was it found multiples of all the Strata-East mint in shrink, Dante Carfagna? I think there was a thread dedicated to best hauls or digging stories and this was in it.

Anyway, back on topic, I could never afford much because records were not cheap in my town (talking early 2000's) and good stuff in charity shops non-existent. I think the most I could ever afford was maybe 5-6 at one time. 

A few years later I ran into a guy online selling hip-hop, serious stuff from the late 80's through the mid 90's, promos, LPs, a house full of anything you possibly think of, unplayed or sealed multiple copies. He had been working as an A&R in New York or something and came back to the UK with it all. No idea how he got it all back here. Anyway, basically my entire wants list at the time, and if I had any sense would have skimped together some cash and driven south to buy in as much bulk as I could afford or negotiate. 

But I didn't. I just bought a few things at a time and then the bottom fell out of the hip-hop vinyl market!