2016 - The great Boomer Die Off ?

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I am legit bummed about Vanity. People always talked shit about that Vanity 6 record but it has always been a favorite of mine, and she seemed to have a genuinely hard time of things. I hope she is at peace.
    LaserWolf

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Didn't know she'd fallen off that hard.  A shame as she was foine as dust.  Nikki Sixx been messing with folls since like forever.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    batmonLaserWolf

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I swelled up watchin Bowie as Warhol in Basquiat.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    batmon said:
    I swelled up watchin Bowie
    AYO
    Duderonomydukeofdelridge

RIP Keith Emerson!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    RAJ said:
    RIP Keith Emerson!

Oh no, that's awful news!!!  I love EL&P and Mr. Emerson was a prog-rock pioneer.  RIP, Mr. Emerson, your musical legacy will live on.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

kala

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Frank Sinatra Jr.

2016 is really shaping up to be the year.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

You'll like this... not a lot - Paul Daniels RIP.

DOR said:
    Frank Sinatra Jr.

ok I'm confused. Is this his son? Didn't Frank Sinatra die ages ago, because if ol' blue eyes was Frank junior, then he'd have been young blue eyes, and his dad would've been old blue eyes.

Unless he had brown eyes.

Duderonomy said:
    DOR said:
    Frank Sinatra Jr.

ok I'm confused. Is this his son? Didn't Frank Sinatra die ages ago, because if ol' blue eyes was Frank junior, then he'd have been young blue eyes, and his dad would've been old blue eyes.

Unless he had brown eyes.
    It was Francis Albert Sinatra's son who died.  A fine singer and musician in his own right.  Brown eyes.   :ayo:

"
    “The show that we’re doing is one of probably at least a half dozen big Sinatra tributes out there but I like to believe ours is different for one reason,” Sinatra Jr. told the Sarasota Herald Tribune just last week. “People know if they go they’re going to hear ‘Strangers in the Night,’ ‘My Way,’ and so on, but our show goes deeper than that. We assume you’re here because you love and know the music, heard all the legends, and now it’s time to know something about the man.”

If someone was going to do Sinatra, it seemed Sinatra Jr. was the best candidate. And he wasn’t phoning in “Fly Me to the Moon” for a paycheck.

“He can sound exactly like his dad if he wants to,” Jim Fox, Sinatra Jr.’s guitarist, told The Post in 2006. “He can turn on the classic Sinatra sound anytime. It just depends on what kind of mood he’s in. He has such high standards. He doesn’t want to work unless he has his 38 band pieces. He knows every third trombone part, every cello part. You know, he conducted for his dad. So he knows the way Sinatra music is supposed to sound.”

"

Nice write-up here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/17/frank-sinatra-jr-faithful-keeper-of-his-fathers-flame-dead-at-72/

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I wonder if the truth will ever come out...

RIP Merle Haggard!

Also...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dennis-davis-longtime-david-bowie-drummer-dies-20160407

httpassetsrollingstonecomassets2016articledennis-davis-longtime-david-bowie-drummer-dies-20160407235691medium_rect1460053651720x405-6cb9aff1jpg

I was lucky enough to meet Dennis a few times and he was that dude.  Awesome CV.  Dennis gave my drummer his sticks.

Jimster said:
    RIP admiral Ackbar  

• madonna's death will tear social media a new one although at this point it seems like she's going to live forever

• LaserWolf said:
    I'm not a Bowie fan, but I recognize that he has decades of hits and was still relevant up to the end. Fair to call him an artist.

But Glenn Frey? Eagles had an amazing string of AM hits, then he had some solo ones. But who cares? They didn't advance country rock, they took it mainstream.

The Airplane, by contrast were a ground breaking psych (or San Fran Sound) band. Kantner remained relevant into the 80s.

So why just a nod to Kantner, and loads of credit to Frey.
    Not just the press, but my Facebook feed as well, from people who would never have posted up an Eagles song before he died.

At least SS and facebook acknowledged Clarence Reid's death.

LaserWolf said:
    I feel Joni Mitchell is under appreciated, so wont mind the hyperbole.

I hope we have Neil Young and Prince around a while longer, they are still doing good work.

Can someone find Neil and protect him from Wolf's fucking SuperCooties?
    ketan

madonna's death will tear social media a new one although at this point it seems like she's going to live forever
    Madonna!?  We just lost fucking Prince at 57.

The holy strut trifecta (James, Michael, and Prince)  are all gone!.

FUCK!

He was bad last week and should have been taking it easy.  Instead...
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/one-day-after-being-hospitalized-prince-spotted-riding-his-bike-throwing-all-night-dance-party/

At 27, you might get away with it.  At 57? Pffft... know your limitations.  Tragic.

HOW IS KEITH RICHARDS STILL ALIVE??!??!1?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    All utter heart-ripped-out sadness about Prince aside, I am so, so, so, fucking worried about Stevie Wonder right now. It just feels like the next logical step.
    ketan

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,098 Posts
    Junior said:
    All utter heart-ripped-out sadness about Prince aside, I am so, so, so, fucking worried about Stevie Wonder right now. It just feels like the next logical step.
      DO NOT SAY ANYTHING TO TEMPT FATE

RIP Prince Be.  46 is too Young!

RIP Tenor Fly

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Apparently Bernie Worrell's family has put word out that he doesn't have very long. Cancer is the fucking worst. 

Claus Ogerman was rumoured to have passed but can't find anything to confirm it.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Whoa. 

Could it be that we just have more stars than ever before? Like, our people ate dying just as often, but from a bigger pool? I think that's part of it. Stats. 

I saw this the other day, can't stop thinking about it:

https://goo.gl/images/SPbO8m

I've never seen a lifetime represented in such a way. They're all there--every week of a 90-year-old life! It's devastating, even though I think it's supposed to be inspiring. I've been contemplating printing it out, bringing it into my boss's office, and just saying, "yeah I can't see how I can spend any more time not YOLO-ing bro. I'm out. Gotta go ride bikes."

GET BUSY LIVING BOTCHES!