will Compton a Soundtrack by Dr. Dre be good(worth the wait)?

Finah111Finah111 8 Posts
edited August 2015 in Strut Central
1. "Intro"
2. "Talk About It" (featuring King Mez and Justus)
3. "Genocide" (featuring Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius and Candice Pillay)
4. "It's All on Me" (featuring Justus and BJ the Chicago Kid)
5. "All in a Day's Work" (featuring Anderson Paak and Marsha Ambrosius)
6. "Darkside/Gone" (featuring King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius and Kendrick Lamar)
7. "Loose Cannons" (featuring Xzibit and Cold 187um)
8. "Issues" (featuring Ice Cube and Anderson Paak)
9. "Deep Water" (featuring Kendrick Lamar and Justus)
10. "One Shot One Kill" (Jon Connor featuring Snoop Dogg)
11. "Just Another Day" (The Game featuring Asia Bryant)
12. "For the Love of Money" (featuring Jill Scott and Jon Connor)
13. "Satisfiction" (featuring Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius and King Mez)
14. "Animals" (featuring Anderson Paak)
15. "Medicine Man" (featuring Eminem, Candice Pillay and Anderson Paak)
16. "Talking to My Diary"

looking forward to the cut w/ Xzibit & Cold187...not much else. still trying to erase 'I need a doctor' and 'kush' from my brain. I hope it's better than I think it will be.

Comments

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    I'll check it out. Read somewhere on the nets some kid from Garland (Dallas) made it to the soundtrack. I looked the names over on the cover you posted but I'm not sure which one he is. I really hope the production is top notch like I'm expecting it to be.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    JATX said:
    I'll check it out. Read somewhere on the nets some kid from Garland (Dallas) made it to the soundtrack. I looked the names over on the cover you posted but I'm not sure which one he is. I really hope the production is top notch like I'm expecting it to be.

http://www.guidelive.com/music/2015/08/03/dr-dres-long-awaited-third-lp-comes-friday-garlands-justin-mohrle

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I hope For the Love of Money is a remake of the Yoko & Maulie and Bone song. The singing version is my shit.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Will it be worth the wait? Probably not.

I'm trying to remember the last album I heard with Dre beats.
    I think it was Good Kid Mad City. They were sonically pristine but pretty uninspiring otherwise.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    i'm glad he's not doing detox given that he doesn't think he can make a classic. that's refreshingly self-critical for a rapper.

i have confidence that he's only interested in releasing classic albums under his own name (the singles are sometimes lacking). so i think it could be pretty good. the only that has me hesitatin is that the other comp he did (the OG Aftermath album) was only sorta-kinda to me. (has he done any other comps?)

i'm a big fan of the r&b vibez he was achieving on the big bang (busta), so i'm excited to hear the bj, jill and martha tracks.

i still haven't listened to any anderson paak stuff, but it's mad hyped.

not expecting much out of the game and marshall features in 2015. :hated_it:

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    billbradley said:
    JATX said:

http://www.guidelive.com/music/2015/08/03/dr-dres-long-awaited-third-lp-comes-friday-garlands-justin-mohrle

Thanks for the link, BB

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    batmon said:
    I hope For the Love of Money is a remake of the Yoko & Maulie and Bone song. The singing version is my shit.

Love that original Parliament cut.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Im hoping for an update of this.

No rhymes, please.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    there's a limited stream of the album on apple tonight. anyone catch it?

• I did. absolutely awful. he was once and leader and now he is a certified lame.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    batmon said:

Im hoping for an update of this.

No rhymes, please.

Damn that beat is hot.

Selda and Ice Cube on the same track. Wow?

-d

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    I think it's pretty good, nothing blows me away, but the production is solid.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    I'm about 9 tracks into it. Ignoring how obviously ghost written/produced it is, it's pretty damn impressive. Lots of ideas jammed into every song. Sonically crazy of course. Much better than I expected.

But that said, I'm about to turn it off and listen to the Deda The Original Baby Pa & Pete Rock album instead.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Dre used to be a guarantee for hard hitting funked out g shit. I could have done with a take no prisoners 2015 update of the Gfunk sound. This is an unremarkably unspecific, MOR, average, attempt at being 'of the times' and sounding soft to my ears. Wont be spending time with this. Non essential.

Overall not a bad listen, but then it made me re-visit NWA, and then I totally stopped thinking about this album.

- Spidey