what are you looking forward to in 2015?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited December 2014 in Strut Central
not smoking again.

peace, stein. . .

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Springtime and sitting on my balcony watching the sun set over skyscrapers with a beer and Baby Taylor, finding new variations on finger style Fly Me To The Moon.

• Feeding the swans when they return.

Patriots in another Super Bowl.

Watching another season of baseball slo-ow-ow-ly dying.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Talking less - I catch myself saying more than needs to be said, so looking to be more "economic" with the amount of words I use (and still be clear). The same is true of my writing (this post is proof).

Career growth - this is the year where I take the next step. I did some big things in 2014 that others in the field have noticed, which has led to (literally) a dozen offers for various leadership positions from numerous firms, the most ridiculous of which was a $150K gig (I turned down). This kind of attention is new to me, so I need to keep my ego in check and just keep doing good work, which leads me to...

Personal growth - tapping into humility. Just above, one could say (quite fairly) I'm humble-bragging. But the truth is, my success is 90% luck, 5% hard work, 5% perseverance.

b/w

tl:dr -- I'm looking forward to being a better, more improved person.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Making the last payment on my student loans.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Seeing my son grow from a one to a two year old and hanging out with him (and his mum) as much as I can.

Next month or so: finishing a mixtape I'm working on, Getting my Minimoog back from the repairers, spending time with my extended fam over the Xmas holiday.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Trusting the Universe to level me the f*ck up.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts
    I've got 3 months of parental leave in the new year that I can thank baby number two for. Spending a month of it in Kenya with famfriends.

Seeing the kids grow will be awesome. (Hope wife and I don't collapse from exhaustion in the process.)

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Having two arms so I can ride bikes.

• Getting my life back together after the the worse two years/run of events possible.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    40th Birthday

Mingering Mike in the Smithsonian

Bigger office building

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Getting my life back together after the the worse two years/run of events possible.

Damn, man. Best wishes on that.

I've got a bunch of fine tuning I still need to do. Seems like a never-ending job. Always making progress though, little by little.

Looking forward to taking my daughter on her first ski trip to Colorado in the Spring.

Then taking her to Seattle and then to my parents' in Idaho during the summer.

And then hoping to take a solo trip to Hawaii come December or January.

Should be a good year.

• Thanks Harvey.
    Onwards and upwards.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Enjoying every day with my son, getting back in shape, and kicking ass at my new job.

badder_than_evil said:
    Getting my life back together after the the worse two years/run of events possible.

I feel that. I could go through a litany of ridiculous shit that spans the last 7 years or so, but it's not worth it. Onward and upward!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    A foursome with that bird from the Hunger games, a girl I saw on Pronhub who actually seems to like her work, and this really hot but angry woman who takes the same Tuesday metro to the hospital as me, and probably has un-tapped smoldering passions, and a freaky Catalan accent with a voice that sounds like she smokes cigars because for some reason I find that really sexy (god knows why).

What? I'm an optimist.

badder_than_evil said:

Being a Tottenham fan is pretty tough. Gooners will understand if you want to renounce and join the one true faith.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Then taking her to Seattle and then to my parents' in Idaho during the summer.

Your in box is full.
    If you make it to Portland look me up.
    84 is a nice drive to Idaho.
    If you take 90 and want to look for records stop off in...

Dan

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    badder_than_evil said:

Damn, man. Best wishes on that.

• Duderonomy said:

badder_than_evil said:

Being a Tottenham fan is pretty tough. Gooners will understand if you want to renounce and join the one true faith.

That's beyond optimism. Made me laugh doe.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:

Is that because, like, man has been...

[em]Badder than evil[/em]?

Srs doe, wishing you the best karma in turning it around. I have been rolling straight snake-eyes for a while now.

badder_than_evil said:

That's beyond optimism.

That's being a Gooner

b/w

BOOM!

MediaCrush

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

In 2015, I'm looking forward to:

-Streamlining unnecessary demands from my worklife (stepping off some editorial boards).
    -Continuing to streamline my waistline (physical training is really working).
    -Celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary.
    -Seeking promotion to Distinguished Professor (my dean is pushing this).
    -Trekking to Germany as a visiting scholar.
    -Going on the Alaskan cruise.
    -Gripping all the vinyls I can.
    -Working on a music project.
    -Continuing to live life to the fullest, and appreciating every day here on earth.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:

Badder, pm if you need practical help; I got game in various fields and so do the other locals

skel said:
    badder_than_evil said:

Badder, pm if you need practical help; I got game in various fields and so do the other locals

Joking aside, I can vouch for the wisdom of Skeletor. It came in very handy at a time when I was low and needed constructive advice & direction...

...not to mention perspective courtesy of his sparkling wit and sarcastic put-downs :-P

• Much appreciated Skel and Duderonomy..good to know.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Traveling abroad for the first time in my life. I'm set on Italy. That and losing 25 pounds for health's sake.

• 1. My 4 month old niece is going in for a bone marrow transplant on the 14th of Jan. She's gonna kick ass, I know she will.
    2. Watching her parents shed the load that's been crushing them as she's given a fresh start.
    3. Benching 335. Helps with the stress ; )
    4. Teaching my youngest to skate and ride a bike, and watch all my fam be happy and healthy, one day at a time.

• 2015. I want to:

- Take a trip to Taipei to visit a dj friend before he moves back home
    - Plan and start a one year sabbatical from work and try to figure out a major career change/move
    - Self fund and press up an album I'm working on, cuz fuck it. Probably won't sell 50 copies. Who cares? Not the point.
    - Sell/Donate a bunch of my chud and streamline my records.
    - Find a cool lady I can get into a serious long term relationship with.

I'm hoping it's going to be a good year.

Here's to all our 2015 wishes coming true! Cheers!

• writing the wrong date on cheques and paperwork all the way until march.

A re-union with a girl who went back to Lisbon for X-Mas, in India until March.

I went to a friend's party last weekend, and this girl told me that she remembered meeting me in April. I had been drunk, and had no memory of this, but was happy to get re-acquainted. At some point, because I was drunk and because I was trying to prove a point, I decided to bite her on her hip (she was, uhmm, "humble-bragging" about how fat she is when she is anything but). The next morning she had stalked me on facebook and told me that when she took a shower she had discovered the bite-marks. I agreed to meet her for an apology date, and after the jokes about making a good impression etc, I realised I couldn't remember what she looked like, and was pleasantly surprised when she turned up. The biggest surprise was how cool, funny and smart she is, and that she seems to really like me. Result.

• Sounds like a winner to me. Not trying to impress and impressing anyway.

I never try to impress - too much self-loathing to even contemplate adding an extra layer of vanity to feel sick about. Some girls seem to try harder when you actively go out of your way to stay single though. How dare they. Can't they seem I'm happy being miserable?

b/w

Also looking forward to spending New Year in Bangkok. A friend of mine bought me a plane ticket over there as he'd just sold his house and was feeling flush, and another friend told me I can use her house when I'm over there, so free holiday!