Soul Strut anti-100

2»

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts

...it's like a squib that's been dampened when your favourite childhood wrestler, let's say Ultimate Warrior, has had a sex change complete with ovaries and uterus, and then broke his waters over said squib in readiness for the birth of his love-child with Jake The Snake Roberts.

Dude, WTF?!!?!

LMAO!

• Oops.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Private Press is dope, you dudes are trippin'.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Private Press is dope, you dudes are trippin'.

Like I said, if this was the first effort by a new producer I could've received it with far less expectation. But when he cut out the funk samples, he cut out the funk.
    The track 6 Days is nice, but I rarely listen to it. The rest is very meh, and the Z-Trip remix was the best thing to come from the LP:

parallax said:

Duderonomy said:

...it's like a squib that's been dampened when your favourite childhood wrestler, let's say Ultimate Warrior, has had a sex change complete with ovaries and uterus, and then broke his waters over said squib in readiness for the birth of his love-child with Jake The Snake Roberts.

Dude, WTF?!!?!

LMAO!

damp squib
    English
    Noun
    damp squib (plural damp squibs)

A firework that fails to go off, due to wetting.
    (idiomatic, by extension) Anything that doesn’t work properly, or fails to come up to expectations.

I was thinking about that thing that Warrior did when he shook the ropes - that would've been his labour routine.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Like Mark Twain, reports of the Strut's death have been wildly exaggerated. Where else can you read stuff like this? Fantastic.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    B/W

Two Spin Doctors sat in on a jam night with me after they'd already played a Doctors gig the same night, and were jolly good sports.

"Two Princes" was catchy and hopefully paid dey mortgages.

YMD.

• yuichi said:
    half of Private Press is dope, you dudes are trippin'.

Fixed!!

It's not terrible or anything. The good songs are really good. The rest is pretty boring though. Should have been a tight EP.

shit, wrong thread

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The_Non said:
    This is not Love Movement riding, but there are some other decent tracks on there besides Find A Way. As an ATCQ album, it sucks though. Phife's performance on the album is particularly atrocious, as well as lotsa lackluster beats. I think this is after Q-Tip's records all burned up though, so there's that.

Agree fully. "Pad & Pen" was a decent cut, but the rest of the album is weak as hell. Including the beats, which I know got rated higher post-Dilla-mortem.