How do ya'll listen to music, while on the go, in Q4 2014 (FM, Aux IN, other)

2»

Comments

• TDLT02 said:
    At home on a good Hi-Fi set up mostly vinyl, along with some CDs, as well as Soundcloud / Mixcloud, Blogpages mixes when sitting at the computer.
    On the move I use a A&K 120 WAV player (186g) with either a pair of Sennheiser HD25 - II modified phones (Stefan AudioArt cable and filters in cans removed), or a pair of Fostex TH600 cans.
    Looking forward in a couple of weeks (6th December) to getting to spin on this system that is around only for three months!
    It has a wonderful warm clear sound, though at £50,000 it should sound ok. LOL!
    http://www.merchantstavern.co.uk/spiritland/

Nice! Those Tannoy's are legit..! Do you happen to know what amp they use to drive those? Have fun at that gig.

• Speaking of which I realized yesterday that I'm utterly bored with the music on my phone and need to wipe it and start over. Does that ever happen to you guys?
    Yeah.. and just never understood why iTunes Match is so limiting. My library goes well beyond the capabilities of the Match so I was content (for awhile) with just keeping my 160G Classic as my weapon of choice but then dropped it in water and poof! Gone. So yeah, the iPhone is fine and all, but between apps and vids of the kids there's not much room left for music that I have to keep syncing because of the friggin Match cap. I'll probably just buy another classic at some point but that also sux as Apple said sayonara to those too.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Ipod shuffle for the ride. Either that or some podcasts. Ipod on the crappiest ipod player around, at work. That way I don't have to worry about sticky mitts. For some reason I don't have any music on my phone.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Ipod shuffle for the ride. Either that or some podcasts. Ipod on the crappiest ipod player around, at work. That way I don't have to worry about sticky mitts. For some reason I don't have any music on my phone.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    JonnyPaycheck said:
    Speaking of which I realized yesterday that I'm utterly bored with the music on my phone and need to wipe it and start over. Does that ever happen to you guys?
    This is pretty standard I'm guessing considering how spoilt and adhd everyone is these days. Although it may be part of getting older because I remember having maybe a dozen cassettes on rotation in my first car, which most MP3 devices could accommodate easily, but I don't remember ever being 'bored' of any of the music.

I think if you've got a fairly small capacity device you need to be rotating and changing what's on it regularly. Or stump up the cash for the 64gb or higher, that way you can practically put a library of music on and just hit shuffle, which shouldn't least guarantee not hearing the same song twice for a long while, although digital randomisers aren't that great.

I guess such services exist in some way already, but a regularly updated & curated iPod library service would be pretty good. Maybe you could go bespoke and upmarket to be successful.

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    Very Good Plus Plus:

The amps are Canary M500 Mono Blocks with 300B Triode Tubes. Cost around £15,000 for the pair.

http://spiritland.club/

Attached files

• TDLT02 said:
    Very Good Plus Plus:

The amps are Canary M500 Mono Blocks with 300B Triode Tubes. Cost around £15,000 for the pair.

http://spiritland.club/

How did your gig go btw and just how blazing was that system?

• Last month, Frank said:
    Actually I try and avoid having to listen to any sort of background music at any time. First thing I do when entering a cab is to ask the driver to turn off the radio. I can't even count the restaurants that I stopped visiting because I was tired listening to their music.

Background music seldom affects me to that extent.

Hearing music in the background that I don't care for is just a fact of life. I can tune it out if I had to. If it bothered me that much, I wouldn't go to record stores.

The only time "other people's music" really got on my nerves was during a recent trip to Barnes & Noble.
    They were going in hard on the Christmas sounds. It wasn't mellow, piano-trio versions of Xmas carols, either. It was straight-up kitsch with the sappy children's choirs, chimes, the whole bit. When I left, I plugged in the iPod headphones with the quickness.

• My most recent project is setting up a media server that I can stream to my phone / computer / whatever wherever there is a data connection in the air.
    The thing I've noticed is how it's changed my listening habits. Before I had different collections in different places and I made sure I made the most of them when they were to hand.
    Now I have everything centralised its forced me to organise my digital collection. Being able to listen to something and pick it up elsewhere is a definate boon, I'm listening to more albums from start to finish recently.