Your favorite lyrical screw-ups in songs?

2»

Comments

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Sayin'. The only number whose squared value is double the original value is 2.

Yo Nas, 1 Nightmare squared = 1 Nightmare.
    Ask Wu-Tang 'bout those mathamatics, doggie.

Speaking of Wu-Tang, with all that super-mathamatical-science they kick, they've gotta have got some shit wrong, or does RZA review their lyrics for correct mathematics and vocab or what (nerds in HS?).

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Didn't Nore say something about swimming laps around the English Channel?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Let's not forget the lyrical chestnut that is Phife saying he floats like gravity.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    floats like gravity.

Great line.

Because gravity, unlike other forces, exerts force instantaneously, you could describe it as floating.

In other words even though the source of our gravity is earth, You will feel the force instantly miles above earth.
    Whereas electrical force travels only at the speed of light.

Sorry, can't explain it better than that.

Even on just a metaphysical level it is a great lyric.

I can't believe the level of nitpicking people are going here.
    I suppose it's just fun, and what we do best any way.

Here is one:
    "Take care of TCB"
    Redundant.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    James Brown Make It Funky "smothered snake". He's a repeat offender for screwed up lyrics, but he kept it funky.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Don't forget Jeru's "16th Chapel" line in "Black Cowboys" :oof: . Um, it's called the "Sistine Chapel."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    floats like gravity.

Great line.

Because gravity, unlike other forces, exerts force instantaneously, you could describe it as floating.

In other words even though the source of our gravity is earth, You will feel the force instantly miles above earth.
    Whereas electrical force travels only at the speed of light.

Sorry, can't explain it better than that.

Even on just a metaphysical level it is a great lyric.

I feel like we might be overthinking Phife Dawg. After learning a bit about the man's diet and overall health practices in that Tribe documentary, I highly doubt that he "never had a cavity," as he claimed in the next line.

Great bad rhymes would make a good thread too.
    Gravity with Cavity.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Herm said:
    "I stand alone, don't need anyone."

In case no one caught this, it's from "It Takes TWO."

• "you can forget about Christmas n***a
    cause you ain't gon' even see New Years."

-master p

Sung on Dec 26th?

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    From R. Kelly - At The Same Time:

I'm on top of you, making you feel it
    I look up in the mirror, and see that ass in the ceiling

Doesn't this imply he's checking out his own ass in the mirror?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    1000fm said:
    From R. Kelly - At The Same Time:

I'm on top of you, making you feel it
    I look up in the mirror, and see that ass in the ceiling

Doesn't this imply he's checking out his own ass in the mirror?

Hey 1000fm,

It sounds like she's on top and he's looking up at the booty on the ceiling mirror.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• white_tea said:
    I feel like we might be overthinking Phife Dawg. After learning a bit about the man's diet and overall health practices in that Tribe documentary, I highly doubt that he "never had a cavity," as he claimed in the next line.

remember, this is someone who when scouting high school basketball players decides to wear a two piece purple Elmo child mollestro costume.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    white_tea said:

remember, this is someone who when scouting high school basketball players decides to wear a two piece purple Elmo child mollestro costume.

Pics

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Grafwritah said:
    herbacios tweed said:
    white_tea said:

Pics

Watch the doc. And I think it was cookie monster.

volumen said:
    Grafwritah said:
    herbacios tweed said:
    white_tea said:

Pics

Rapaport's? I don't remember that part. I remember arguing and De La Soul wishing they would go somewhere else.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Gary said:
    Yeah squared does mean double so what am I missing?

I'm an idiot... nevermind me....

DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Live at Union Square: "I'm only 17 years old, and I'm gurry do what I want to do."

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    what's nex what's next what's N X E T

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    Didn't Nore say something about swimming laps around the English Channel?

Even better, he said he runs laps around the English Channel.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    what's nex what's next what's N X E T

Similarly, on "Holy Rum Swig," Brother J spells out X-Clan as "X-C-A-L, on to the N"

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Grafwritah said:
    volumen said:
    Grafwritah said:
    herbacios tweed said:
    white_tea said:

Pics

Rapaport's? I don't remember that part. I remember arguing and De La Soul wishing they would go somewhere else.

Can't find a screen shot but from a review.........

"Nevertheless, this is one of the best hip-hop documentaries ever made. I challenge you not to laugh at Phife dressed with a Cookie Monster t-shirt and matching blue hat or at every other thing Pharrell says. ItÔÇÖs a celebration of alternative hip-hop culture and the music that came from the minds of a few kids playing with their parentÔÇÖs record collections."

It's a good doc.

Grafwritah said:
    volumen said:
    Grafwritah said:
    herbacios tweed said:
    white_tea said:

Pics

Can't find a screen shot but from a review.........

"Nevertheless, this is one of the best hip-hop documentaries ever made. I challenge you not to laugh at Phife dressed with a Cookie Monster t-shirt and matching blue hat or at every other thing Pharrell says. ItÔÇÖs a celebration of alternative hip-hop culture and the music that came from the minds of a few kids playing with their parentÔÇÖs record collections."

It's a good doc.

[removed][removed]