Spotify - grande soy latte pass

HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
edited September 2014 in Strut Central
Hey, so Spotify just launched in the Great White North.

School me...what are some hot playlists, who should I follow, etc.?

Comments

• bump*

Another Canadian new to this. I've been using Rdio for a couple years but trying this out, liking it better already because there are genres also better radio.

• Oh shit I didn't know they finally launched up here... might have to check it out.

I hate this "everything in the cloud" thing though. I like managing playlists and physical files - moving them on and off my phone at will. It's like the phone is the stack of records on the floor that I'm "currently listening to" lol

And too much choice makes me anxious. What if I choose the WRONG thing?? :grrr:

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Joined for a couple of months to help my friend organise some playlists for his wedding.

It was good but I was frustrated by the sheer amount of compilations on there. With some artists it is a pain to wade through them to get to the original albums.

Another annoyance was the inability to search by record label.

I cancelled my subscription now that the weddings over but discovered its impossible to cancel your account. You are simply "downgraded" to the free version and your page stays published for all to see, even if you don't use it. I'd prefer the option to delete my online presence on an app, even if it is just sits there unused. Kinda evil.

• cai said:

Another annoyance was the inability to search by record label.

actually, you CAN search by record label, although it's not very convenient.

just search for "label:[label name]" ÔÇô no space between label & the label name, and usually it works better if you put the label name in quotes.

for example, try searching
    label:"Peoples Potential Unlimited"

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    actually, you CAN search by record label, although it's not very convenient.

just search for "label:[label name]" ÔÇô no space between label & the label name, and usually it works better if you put the label name in quotes.

for example, try searching
    label:"Peoples Potential Unlimited"

Excellent, thank you!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Just created a spotify playlist of The Loft 100 tracks, compiled by David Mancuso and Colleen 'Cosmo' Murphy for Bill Brewster & Frank Broughton's book "The Record Players - DJ Revolutionaries".
    Enjoy!
    https://open.spotify.com/user/1121775350/playlist/5yeXvLyEpWIRzdLlD1BC01