Floral Print - Yay or Nay?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited June 2014 in Strut Central

Semi-Latte Pas

I only have a hat and a bag.....i might cop some summer kicks, but this smells like All-Over Prints from a couple of years ago.
Here today gone tmmw, with the cream of the crop lasting beyond the trend. Its hasnt bombarded Uptown yet....I dont think it will as a dominant pattern.

Anyone know how to Rock it?
Scarred like Camo and stuck on Earth Tones?
"My wife dresses me...."

I know H.E.R.M. rocks that shit. Whats the word?

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    if you can pull it off i say go for it, but I wouldnt be investing big in it, hipsters around here have been rocking it for a while now, so I dont think it has much of a run left.

• i dont know how much time it's got left on the clock, but it had a pretty good run. there's still remnants of it in 2015, but it appears it's ubiquity may take a bit of a downturn.

b/w one part now, one part future? FILA on the up?

Bb/w

DB_Cooper said:
    'Cause I'm really not trying to get any deeper into it than I already am. Mood boards, dudes. I'm a 33-year-old man talmbout mood boards. Nobody wants that.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Used to love shirts by this brand, but not in quite some time have I worn one as I no longer mess with button-down collars...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Lets distinguish Hawaiian Patterns vs the Floral steez.

Hawaiian is more varied.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yay!
    Despite its recent popularity, it is a pretty classic print...chintz has been around since before the 1800s.
    I prefer big florals to little ones, but these ties are proper still.

Pomp & Ceremony

I can't remember who makes it but there's a camo colours sweatshirt with maple leaves instead f blobs. It's very smart looking.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Is Shail Upadhya wearing floral this season?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

these are omnipresent and its annoying

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Do you. Don't wear (or don't NOT wear) something 'cause it's in or out of fashion. Wear what you like, keep your head held high and eff what other people think.

b/w

Who wore it best?!

Recent floral pickups:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I like flowers.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Nay, nay and thrice: nay

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I agree 100% with Herm... do you!

That said... I feel like a lot of the all over floral stuff misses the mark. PCMR's got a hate on for the floral 5 panel, and I can understand that. I think that hat combo got played out for good reason. It's one of the best uses of florals.

Full print shirts are really hit or miss. More often miss. I kinda like that camo looking one Batmon posted... but I kinda have a camo fetish. It's something I'm trying to work through with my stylist...

Now floral pants? Unless you're 60+ (or Herm, apparently) I don't think floral prints work for pants. Any kind of extreme pattern on pants tends to throw the whole look off for me. It's like the higher up you go, the more crazy you can get. Hat > Shirt > Pants in terms of crazy patterns.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Yeah, those pants (Mr. Turk) aren't an everyday thing for me. Special occasions only. (That pic is from a few years ago.) Kept it basic as you can see. White leather Purcells and a solid v-neck. I have a pair of floral Polo chinos too.

I have quite a few floral print shorts, button-ups and polos, as well. It is pretty trendy these days so I see it a lot, but I haven't really bought any "streetwear" brands in years so I've avoided running into people with the same pattern.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Herm said:
    Yeah, those pants (Mr. Turk) aren't an everyday thing for me. Special occasions only. (That pic is from a few years ago.) Kept it basic as you can see. White leather Purcells and a solid v-neck. I have a pair of floral Polo chinos too.

I have quite a few floral print shorts, button-ups and polos, as well. It is pretty trendy these days so I see it a lot, but I haven't really bought any "streetwear" brands in years so I've avoided running into people with the same pattern.

Yeah you did them floral pantaloons proper. I also feel like this is more acceptable in tropical/summery locales.

I really enjoy the idea of two hipster dudes showing up to the party rocking the same loud floral.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    cant say um down with any of whats going on in here...sorry y'all, do you and don't front, its just not my steez...

*those Filas are fresh though..

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    This thread creation reeks of taking pictures of food and documenting long walks on the highline....aka hypocrisy.

To each their own.

JectWon said:
    This thread creation reeks of taking pictures of food and documenting long walks on the highline....aka hypocrisy.

To each their own.

Fuck You

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:

To each their own.

Fuck You

Haha...relax, man. Just fuggin around.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Shout out to Summer 2012 - See you in a minute, Camo!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    In response to the pictures in this thread; no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and hell no. Flower prints are for chicks and old couches. Maybe a real flower on your lapel or in your hat for a special occasion or as an indicator for a pre-arranged meeting with a stranger.

I have to return to the moustache test for this one. If you're worried the person might punch you, the moustache is legit. If the moustache makes you want to punch the person sporting it, it's a no. All over floral prints? Hell no.

But, this opinion is coming from a person that wears earth tone flip-flops, so feel free to disregard.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    batmon said:

WACK!!

b/w

The stains on your chair, dude...

A post is hidden because parallax is being ignored.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    CBear said:
    In response to the pictures in this thread; no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and hell no. Flower prints are for chicks and old couches. Maybe a real flower on your lapel or in your hat for a special occasion or as an indicator for a pre-arranged meeting with a stranger.

I have to return to the moustache test for this one. If you're worried the person might punch you, the moustache is legit. If the moustache makes you want to punch the person sporting it, it's a no. All over floral prints? Hell no.

But, this opinion is coming from a person that wears earth tone flip-flops, so feel free to disregard.

I see a whole De La Soul retro-floral thing creeping back in round in these parts but it was a horrible look then and it hasn't improved with time and irony.

My moustache test is if they have one, they're on my shitlist.

Didn't grown people stop calling men's masculinity into question based on unique fashion choices back in the 1990s?

• bassie said:
    Didn't grown people stop calling men's masculinity into question based on unique fashion choices back in the 1990s?

yes that is still a problem for some people to carry around, and probably forever WILL be. but that is definitely not what the article is about.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    bassie said:

Yes, the moment Andre's rapping was too good to even notice anymore that he was wearing a skirt.

vintageinfants said:
    bassie said:

but that is definitely not what the article is about.

Yes, I read the article.