Jack White's Lazaretto

13»

Comments

• I personally have a hard time listening to white stripes because of the lack of bass. I haven't listened to much of their stuff for that reason alone. Do they have any recordings with bass? I would be curious to hear....

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    DOR said:
    Frank said:
    batmon said:
    I thought early U2 was given Post -Punk credibilty.

Sham from day one????

Most definitely.

I think it comes from when the band first got started no? Before they were U2 they were playing and covering punk songs. And as my memory goes into remembering what I once saw in an interview WAY back in the day, the U2 name came from one of the dudes from the Irish punk band The Radiators From Space who was a friend of theirs.

In any case. I liked that doc with Page and White and the Edge... The part with Page gushing over Link Wray always comes up in my head from time to time.

Everybody played in a punk band after 1980. Moby won't shut up about it.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Those Drums said:
    I personally have a hard time listening to white stripes because of the lack of bass. I haven't listened to much of their stuff for that reason alone. Do they have any recordings with bass? I would be curious to hear....

There band is a guitar player and a drummer so yea, the bass work is iffy.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Moby Grape Wow. One track is 78rpm. There are 2 grooves, if you use the wrong one you miss the 78rpm track.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    volumen said:
    Those Drums said:
    I personally have a hard time listening to white stripes because of the lack of bass. I haven't listened to much of their stuff for that reason alone. Do they have any recordings with bass? I would be curious to hear....

There band is a guitar player and a drummer so yea, the bass work is iffy.

Isn't the crux of "Seven Nation Army" a bassline?

I hate the song so I'm not looking to refresh my mind.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I believe that's more of a guitar that sounds like bass kind of deal.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I believe that's more of a guitar that sounds like the slow plodding of an entire generation waiting in line at Starbuck's.

There, fixed.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    I believe that's more of a guitar that sounds like the slow plodding of an entire generation waiting in line at Starbuck's.

There, fixed.

OK, now that's funny.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

There, fixed.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    just streamed it on informationTunes.

I swear some of these are rap-rock, and there were some moments I was imagining fonky hats on stage. This is different than I expected.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Jack N White ice cream