Answering Conspiracy Theorists

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Horseleech said:

In addition, rigging the WTC in a controlled demo would have taken a crew weeks to set up and would be absolutely impossible to do undetected.

A conspiracy like that would involve hundreds of people - it defies belief that nobody has had second thoughts or talked by now.

This apparently is the biggest bullshit concept going that is keeping otherwise smart people from recognizing the truth. As if a thousand people, nowadays drugged, mind-controlled, implanted with microchips, etc. couldn't be coerced to remain silent. As if they aren't being blackmailed already and aren't aware of all of the people who were offed in the wake of the Warren Commission investigations, Bill Clinton's rise to power, etc. As if some haven't been offed or at least discredited already. Furthermore, as if individual contributions aren't purposefully compartmentalized to the point that most conspirators have no clue of the grander scheme at work. In a time, when we clearly receive just as much fake news as real news, y'all need to get over this purely mental hurdle already. These fuckers are well organized, ruthless, and are working with advanced technology that we can barely fathom in the public sector.

Plus, they clearly rigged the Murrah Building in Oklahoma (no way a fertilizer bomb across parked in a truck across the street does that much damage) and showed as much live on CNN. How exactly they made that fact go bye-bye, I don't rightly know. ATF agents who worked in that very building were warned not to go to work that day, I do know that.

But again, point is that they've mastered this shit and benefit greatly from anyone doubting their prowess.

Rockadelic said:

This is indeed why the great majority of conspiracy theories are bullshit....you would need to have 100's if not 1,000's of people all in on it and keeping this grand secret.....that goes against human nature and is just not possible. If more than a handful of people would need to be involved in order to pull off any of these conspiracies I automatically discount them due to common sense.

So you think it's more plausible for 2 dudes to take a 2-week Sears flight course and then while fighting off 200+ people with mere boxcutters fly massive airliners that mind you the flight controllers could have easily taken control of as soon as the planes left their established courses with the exact precision to not only hit 2 downtown buildings spot on but cause the exact equal amount of destruction to topple those buildings in their own footprints but still have the id card of one of the assailants drop to the ground despite the plane's black box being destroyed to dust...than for 100 people to keep a secret.

C'mon, man.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Frank said:

With that amount of heat the steel structure expanded and twisted. Concrete doesn't expand, at least not nearly at the same rate as metal so columns and floors would explode under the strain. With enough heat, metal water pipes explode like pipe bombs. Ever seen/heard a large house on fire?

Allow me (and countless experts in applicable fields) to disagree!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:

This is indeed why the great majority of conspiracy theories are bullshit....you would need to have 100's if not 1,000's of people all in on it and keeping this grand secret.....that goes against human nature and is just not possible. If more than a handful of people would need to be involved in order to pull off any of these conspiracies I automatically discount them due to common sense.

So you think it's more plausible for 2 dudes to take a 2-week Sears flight course and then while fighting off 200+ people with mere boxcutters fly massive airliners that mind you the flight controllers could have easily taken control of as soon as the planes left their established courses with the exact precision to not only hit 2 downtown buildings spot on but cause the exact equal amount of destruction to topple those buildings in their own footprints but still have the id card of one of the assailants drop to the ground despite the plane's black box being destroyed to dust...than for 100 people to keep a secret.

C'mon, man.

oh, and some other semi-important building down the street came crashing down. too. those wildfires!

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Frank said:

;blap:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:

C'mon, man.

The idea that every commercial plane can be taken over by flight controllers is utter bullshit.

My father and his brother were construction workers who helped build the WTC and he believes both buildings came down the way the commission reported.

As far as a black box goes do you really believe that the government pulled off such a monumental sham but couldn't make a fake black box with fake info?

And I have a very serious question I would hope you would answer directly...have you ever met anyone who was a victim of mind control or had a mind control microchip planted in them. I have actually met two people who claimed the latter and they were both in mental institutions.

Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:

C'mon, man.

The idea that every commercial plane can be taken over by flight controllers is utter bullshit.

My father and his brother were construction workers who helped build the WTC and he believes both buildings came down the way the commission reported.

As far as a black box goes do you really believe that the government pulled off such a monumental sham but couldn't make a fake black box with fake info?

And I have a very serious question I would hope you would answer directly...have you ever met anyone who was a victim of mind control or had a mind control microchip planted in them. I have actually met two people who claimed the latter and they were both in mental institutions.

I've met each of Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, and Tipper Gore...so my answer is yes.

Oh, and I met Dan Quayle too. Can't leave him out.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    prof_rockwell said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    prof_rockwell said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    To the question of: How could anyone think these were hoaxes?

Let me get this straight. You are so curious that you haven't even tried Google?

If I can get an answer from someone who is in the know, I prefer that as my first option. But since your answers to the repeated questions of asking for any evidence as to why you believe what you believe has been QUIT BEING A DICK, I'M OUTTA HERE, I guess I'll try google.

There's that damned word again.

Well again, here's all the "evidence" I have right here: _______________________________.

You really think I'm personally sitting on unseen footage and unused vials of fake blood?

Seriously, formulate a conversation rather than an inquisition (granted Rockwell, you've been better than most in here which is why I even bothered to respond to you at all) and maybe I'll play along more than I am now. Maybe.

And for the record, I have no interest in trying to sway people who should already know how blatantly evil their government is that it's so. Y'all should already be there and if you aren't I actually see you as at least somewhat complicit.

I fail to understand how "what makes you believe these events were staged?" is an inquisition. I have no idea if you're sitting on unseen footage or not, I was genuinely curious as to what articles/evidence/correlations/discussions/whatever led you to believe that Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon were not random acts of violence.

If your only support is a long held belief that our government does fucked up shit - a belief I think most of us share here - then that's pretty dubious in my opinion. I try not to make leaps of faith like that without something more than a hunch to back it up.

That's the thing. Y'all want articles and evidence when those aren't what initially made me think the event was staged (staged meaning either pretend killings or actually killings, but the key being that in either scenario it was orchestrated from above). Basically, I've thought most every event like this (9/11, Columbine, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Boston) has been staged since Oklahoma City when I watched live on CNN as they reported and showed the bomb squad going in and removing 3 undetonated bombs from the building before any life safety operations could even begin, then within an hour from then they started pretending that the additional bombs thing never happened.

Call them false flag operations or ritual killings or whatever, but this shit is planned. I also don't believe that normal people have the capacity to waltz into crowded public places and started gunning down people ala a video game. That takes both drugs and mind control to happen. And low and behold, most cited assassins or patsies or whatever have indeed had ties to US military mind control operations...pinch, poke, they're Manchurian Candidates.

I mean, I have at times visited the "conspiracy theory" websites y'all are talking about to see the specifics on how shady things went down. But I didn't need a website to know instantly that 9/11 was some fake shit. As soon as I saw those building fall in on themselves from obvious controlled demolitions, I knew.

Anyway, Sandy Hook was planned and there is a ton of corroboration on that. Just look into it. It's out there. And Boston was as well. That the patsy was a CIA asset gives it away, let alone the character actors ish and all the anomalies surrounding the bomb itself.

Okay there, I answered your question.

do you not believe there are genuinely, seriously mentally ill people in the world today?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    cove said:
    Frank said:

With that amount of heat the steel structure expanded and twisted. Concrete doesn't expand, at least not nearly at the same rate as metal so columns and floors would explode under the strain. With enough heat, metal water pipes explode like pipe bombs. Ever seen/heard a large house on fire?

Oh, spare me your experts... I bet they're as reputable in their applicable fields as the Boston scientist who guaranteed there won't be ("I repeat there won't be") any radioactive leakage at Fukushima.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    ^^^^^ that was aimed at 2nd para, 2nd sentence

Rishan said:
    ^^^^^ that was aimed at 2nd para, 2nd sentence

Sure, the people controlling these Manchurian Candidates are absolutely certifiable.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Frank said:
    cove said:
    Frank said:

Oh, spare me your experts... I bet they're as reputable in their applicable fields as the Boston scientist who guaranteed there won't be ("I repeat there won't be") any radioactive leakage at Fukushima.

Unsure how that's related, but ok!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Gary said:
    Suppose I were monstanto and I really wanted to sell my GMO strawberries.

So my scientist do some tests and uh-oh! They cause cancer. So I tell my scientist, hey just fake the results, no one will ever know!

So my scientist says "Hey boss, what if somebody else decides to test them, we'll be found out!"

But I say "Eh, what are the odds that of all the scientists in the world and all the controversy surrounding GMO foods that some other scientist that doesn't work for me will test them and publish honest results? Honestly, I think we're good here guys!"

That kind of conspiracy just doesn't hold up to me. I'm not going to bet everything and keep my fingers crossed that nobody else will test my food.

Now---- I don't think GMO foods directly harm humans but I wasn't specific. It is entirely plausible that GMO crops harm bees (who are insects), which might have a negative effect on humans. I have no idea, but that doesn't seem to far fetched. But that sort of indirect effect is the same as saying that cars are harmful to humans (because they pollute the air, which is bad for humans). I don't think that is splitting hairs, because you could create cars that don't pollute the air, and the problem goes away. Same thing with bees- create a GMO plant that doesn't harm bees and problem solved. But then the argument that GMOs are harmful to humans goes away.

There may be effects of GMO plants that weren't foreseen (like a negative impact on bees), just like Henry Ford didn't predict the impact of cars on the environment. But just because we run into unforeseen effects doesn't mean we should abandon the entire thing entirely. We don't need to abandon modern transportation because of pollution. We fix things and make them work. If GMOs have any negative effects then we should fix them and move on, not abandon GMOs entirely.

Finally, starving people in third world countries who could plant crops that resist insect plagues and disease (and therefore feed a village that might otherwise starve) don't give a *&^% about some bees. They Hungry!

Gary I love you.
    You are a funny (the funniest here), creative, smart guy.

Here is a piece of brain science. No one is wholly rational. Our decisions and our beliefs are influenced by our emotions.
    If this were not true you would not be funny and creative.
    This is brain science.
    Believing that you are not wholly rational is the rational thing to do.

You trust science.
    What ever science does is good, and if it is not science can fix it.
    That is a belief system, that you buy into.
    It is not wholly rational, and it is not (IMO) supported by the facts.

I will give you an example.
    I love atomic physics, but I have never taken a physics class in my life.
    I try to understand the theories as best I can.
    I don't understand the math at all.
    I do understand the history behind the raise of modern physics.
    One thing I have always been interested in is the Manhattan Project.
    I have read many books on the MP, including the great book The Making of the Hydrogen Bomb by Richard Rhodes.
    After Hiroshima and Nagasaki the scientists who developed the bomb split into 2 camps.
    One group led by Hans Bethe took the position that they did what needed to be done. Now that it was done the world should give up nuclear weapons.
    The other group, led by Edward Teller, believed that we must make bigger and better weapons.

I have always sided with Bethe. I believe that Nuclear weapons are a bigger threat to the human race than global warming, GMOs or an asteroid.

Because of your belief in the goodness of science you trust that GMOs are safe, and any defect can be fixed.
    I don't.

The dangers of GMOs will not be discovered in a double blind lab test. They will be discovered in a much larger test involving 300 million Americans. Same as drugs, and cars, that get recalled.

Gary said:

I stated that belief in pink unicorns is irrational, and I think you would agree.

I then states that the reason that belief in pink unicorns is irrational is because there is no evidence that pink unicorns exist.

There is no evidence that GMOs are safe.
    There is evidence, which I and others have provided that they are not safe.
    Think about it.

Are you guys serious?

Just last month the Portland Police carried out a military operation on my street.
    They needed to serve a warrant on my neighbor and had dozens of military style vehicles and officers in military gear all up and down the block.

No militia came to protect my neighbor.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    cove said:
    Frank said:
    cove said:
    Frank said:

Unsure how that's related, but ok!

If I have to spell it out for you: This was meant to illustrate that you won't have a problem having all sorts of nonsense verified by an "expert"... hell there are "experts" that will tell you that god created mankind and all of nature...

Ask a firefighter if it is common or not to hear explosions in large scale and superheated fires.

Also, keep in mind that fires of such magnitude and with such large amounts of highly flammable accelerant simply have never occurred before.

LaserWolf said:
    Are you guys serious?

Just last month the Portland Police carried out a military operation on my street.
    They needed to serve a warrant on my neighbor and had dozens of military style vehicles and officers in military gear all up and down the block.

Who did your neighbor owe money to?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    "nonsense"...seems you've already come to your conclusions.

you're not looking at all the facts, which is what Gary wanted in the beginning of this discussion.
    People dying in the basement prior to planes hitting? Did those workers concoct these stories?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    cove said:

People dying in the basement prior to planes hitting

Please to cite an expert (in applicable fields) who can verify this occurrence.

Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Are you guys serious?

I have no idea what the warrant was for.

You know a lot more about the Nevada thing than I do.
    Am I wrong in thinking that there was a lien on his property?
    Were they not there to enforce the lien that he had ignored?

LaserWolf said:
    Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Are you guys serious?

I have no idea what the warrant was for.

You know a lot more about the Nevada thing than I do.
    Am I wrong in thinking that there was a lien on his property?
    Were they not there to enforce the lien that he had ignored?

Everything I've read says there is no lien.

If someone knows differently please post a link.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Frank said:
    cove said:

They were just normal workers, sorry.
    No need for experts that you despise, mr know-it-all
    THe architects are in on the crazy conspiracy theories, surely!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    . Instead of putting a lien on his assets which is typically how the government deals with citizens who owe money, they send out armed troops, at a cost higher than the debt owed, to somehow settle this issue.

Where are you getting this factoid that it cost more to send out enforcement than the amount of the debt?

Also, Cliven " Black People Were Better Off As Slaves" Bundy had been ignoring debt collectors for two decades and several court orders. So, it's not like he was asked one time to pay up, and the BLM bum rushed him.

And, they weren't peaceful protesters, they were armed thugs trying to prevent law enforcement from doing their job. They had snipers trained on LE and went on record as saying they were putting their women at the frontline, so they would be killed first if something happened.

But I digress...I more interested in Harvey's wimp response to "Look it up" to direct questions about why he believes what he does.

Perhaps even he doesn't know?

Rockadelic said:

I may be wrong, but I think what's fishy and what you're glossing over is we don't send armed troops to collect debts from citizens...ever.

You are wrong. LE sends armed personnel to collect property to satisfy legal judgments (which is what this was) on a regular basis. You want to know why they are armed? Because everybody else is in this country is, too.

HarveyCanal said:
    Plus, they clearly rigged the Murrah Building in Oklahoma (no way a fertilizer bomb across parked in a truck across the street does that much damage) and showed as much live on CNN. How exactly they made that fact go bye-bye, I don't rightly know. ATF agents who worked in that very building were warned not to go to work that day, I do know that.

But again, point is that they've mastered this shit and benefit greatly from anyone doubting their prowess.

Yep, there's no way.

Of course, McVeigh admitted it, and detailed how he did it.

But there's no way.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    cove said:
    Frank said:
    cove said:

They were just normal workers, sorry.

It was just one person (William Rodriguez) who has contradicted himself numerous times and could not produce one witness to corroborate his story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Rodriguez

"In his lawsuit, Rodriguez made hundreds of allegations including allegations that the Twin Towers were destroyed by means of "controlled demolitions;" that members of the FDNY were ordered, on instructions of the CIA, not to talk about it; that the FDNY conspired with Larry Silverstein to deliberately destroy 7WTC; that projectiles were fired at the Twin Towers from ÔÇ£podsÔÇØ affixed to the underside of the planes that struck them; that FEMA is working with the US government to create ÔÇ£American GulagÔÇØ concentration camps which FEMA will run once the federal governmentÔÇÖs plan to impose martial law is in place; that phone calls made by some of the victims, as reported by their family members, were not actually made but were "faked" by the government using "voice morphing" technology; that a missile, not American Airlines Flight 77, struck the Pentagon; that United Airlines Flight 93 was shot down by the US military; that the defendants had foreknowledge of the attacks and actively conspired to bring them about; that the defendants engaged in kidnapping, arson, murder, treason, conspiracy, trafficking in narcotics, embezzlement, securities fraud, insider trading, identity and credit card theft, blackmail, trafficking in humans, and the abduction and sale of women and children for sex. In his Complaint, Rodriquez also alleged that he "single-handedly rescued fifteen persons from the WTC".

Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:
    . Instead of putting a lien on his assets which is typically how the government deals with citizens who owe money, they send out armed troops, at a cost higher than the debt owed, to somehow settle this issue.

Where are you getting this factoid that it cost more to send out enforcement than the amount of the debt?

Also, Cliven " Black People Were Better Off As Slaves" Bundy had been ignoring debt collectors for two decades and several court orders. So, it's not like he was asked one time to pay up, and the BLM bum rushed him.

And, they weren't peaceful protesters, they were armed thugs trying to prevent law enforcement from doing their job. They had snipers trained on LE and went on record as saying they were putting their women at the frontline, so they would be killed first if something happened.

But I digress...I more interested in Harvey's wimp response to "Look it up" to direct questions about why he believes what he does.

Perhaps even he doesn't know?

There is no question that this Bundy character is an idiot, a deadbeat and most likely a racist.

I've read varying reports that the cost of 200 officers along with rounding up and impounding the cattle costs anywhere from 41 million to $3 million dollars with the latter number being reported by a Nevada newspaper. If you have different data please share.

The protestors may have been thugs but until they fire the first shot, or break any law, they are indeed peaceful and any lawyer worth his salt would argue just that.

]

Everything I've read says there is no lien.

If someone knows differently please post a link.

He was ordered to remove his cattle from the land by two Federal judges. That was what the BLM was trying to do. Putting a lien on Bundy would not get the cattle off the land.