It is going to get worse. (Politics and $$$ related)

Comments

• Bon Vivant said:
    I have hope for him, misguided as it may be.

The fact that he's using a birther as his climate change source is disappointing, though.

Sure, a few years down the line he might wake up. He's not evil.

But he doesn't think being a birther is a sign of irrationality.

He thinks Harvey's notion that Sandy Hook was a false flag operation can appeal to rational people because one of the Sandy Hook parents blinked in a video... or something. The comment was so obliteratingly dumb I don't want to revisit it.

His dogma is "both sides do it," which is also obliteratingly dumb, and on many levels. All opinions are equal!

I can't think of a more useless, lazy or nihilistic philosophy, but so it goes. I guess it saves a lot of energy that might be wasted on thinking.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I think it's wonderful that you and the other Bot are firm believers in the Al Gore Man-Made Global Warming narrative.

After all, someone has to step forward and make sacrifices to save the planet for my children and grandchildren.

And you guys are especially selfless since you haven't produced future generations.

So tell us, what have YOU personally done to help fight man-made global warming? How and how much have you reduced your carbon footprints? How many carbon credits have you purchased? Have you traded in your car for a bicycle, or at least a Hybrid? Changed the heating in your home from oil to solar or wind power? I'm not really interested in who you support or what you believe, just the actual actions you have taken to back up your beliefs.

I've come here and showed the work I've done most of my life, the products I've developed and/or helped develop and the patents I own that are all designed to prevent damage to our planet and help clean up the damage that has already been done. I've posted ad nauseam about heading up an International VOC Task Force whose goal is to reduce volatile organic compounds emitted into our air. I work with State and Federal agencies to help develop programs and limits on said emissions. I do this because A) I get paid to and B) I believe I'm doing something to help our planet.

However, I also believe that this issue has been used by politicians for personal gain and manipulative reasons. I believe that it has been exaggerated by well intentioned people who think only a doom and gloom narrative will get the attention of our citizens. I think that like religion, some people have used the age old combination of guilt and being saved to further their own selfish and personal agendas.

I also believe that many people like the Bots don't personally do anything to help solve the problem they so fervently believe in, but use the issue to ridicule and insult those who don't buy into their global warming dogma 100%, not unlike members of certain religions do.

So just for one post, please forgo the personal insults and ridicule and tell us all specifically what YOU have done to help fight the impending doom of man made Global Warming.

• Rockadelic said:
    I think it's wonderful that you and the other Bot are firm believers in the Al Gore Man-Made Global Warming narrative.

After all, someone has to step forward and make sacrifices to save the planet for my children and grandchildren.

And you guys are especially selfless since you haven't produced future generations.

So tell us, what have YOU personally done to help fight man-made global warming? How and how much have you reduced your carbon footprints? How many carbon credits have you purchased? Have you traded in your car for a bicycle, or at least a Hybrid? Changed the heating in your home from oil to solar or wind power? I'm not really interested in who you support or what you believe, just the actual actions you have taken to back up your beliefs.

I've come here and showed the work I've done most of my life, the products I've developed and/or helped develop and the patents I own that are all designed to prevent damage to our planet and help clean up the damage that has already been done. I've posted ad nauseam about heading up an International VOC Task Force whose goal is to reduce volatile organic compounds emitted into our air. I work with State and Federal agencies to help develop programs and limits on said emissions. I do this because A) I get paid to and B) I believe I'm doing something to help our planet.

However, I also believe that this issue has been used by politicians for personal gain and manipulative reasons. I believe that it has been exaggerated by well intentioned people who think only a doom and gloom narrative will get the attention of our citizens. I think that like religion, some people have used the age old combination of guilt and being saved to further their own selfish and personal agendas.

I also believe that many people like the Bots don't personally do anything to help solve the problem they so fervently believe in, but use the issue to ridicule and insult those who don't buy into their global warming dogma 100%, not unlike members of certain religions do.

So just for one post, please forgo the personal insults and ridicule and tell us all specifically what YOU have done to help fight the impending doom of man made Global Warming.

I've never owned a car. I shouldn't even be allowed to drive, since I hate doing it so much I'm an accident waiting to happen. I walk a lot and use public transportation as much as possible.

You live in the nation's capital of Fuck You Liberals We'll Kill The Planet If We Want and you call it the best place in the country to raise a child, even though child poverty and health care in said fascist sewer rank among the worst in the entire country. But maybe you're right if you just don't count the poor kids. I'll bet rich kids in the Phillipines have a great life, too.

This post of yours is the very first time I've seen you say anything here acknowledging that climate change is actually a problem.

Now all of a sudden I'm supposed to forget all of your bullshit about East Anglia and Al Gore? Your constant drumbeat about how climate change is a fraud has been hard to miss. Your supposed "ad nauseam" posts to the contrary... sorry, haven't seen a single one of them.

And by the way, not having kids is one of the best things a human fucking being can do to help the planet. There are entirely too many of us and we're the only species killing the planet in the first place.

I looked up the VOC business and as usual the petrochemical industry is fighting to delay and weaken emerging standards. It's what they do. It's what they always do. If they're paying you to do anything else you're unique. Nice gig!

And I don't give a flying fuck about Al Gore. Your fixation on Fox News whipping-targets (Gore, Maddow, Olbermann) is sort of pathetic. If Al Gore's entire existence was wiped from human memory you'd be echoing the wingnut chatter about some other Dreadful Leftist in his place. As thoug Gore is some sort of fringe leftist in the first place. He's a Clinton-style moderate Dem, and his views on climate change are shared by Bush's EPA head Christie Todd Whitman. But then you think Greg Abbott is a reasonable human being, so I guess we have different standards...

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I find it hard to believe, LMJ, that you don't drive and don't have kids for environmental reasons (as you seem to suggest). The vitriol with which you address everyone suggests a complete lack of empathy, which one would require to care about our planet.

Don't let that stop you, though (like it ever would hahah); please carry on with your handwringing and bizarre obsession with Rock.

Hahah

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Equating those who "believe" in Climate Change with Religion? couldn't be more off-base.

This is not a debatable topic. Well, you can talk about if you care to do something about it, or if it's even worth it to do anything.
    But the man-made climate change part is not up for debate, sorry. You can hate Gore all you want; it's not about him.
    Duderonomy

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Uh oh, Rock has had his feelings hurt because his birther climate change guy is a fraud.

It's OK , buddy. Take a deep breath.

Rockadelic said:

However, I also believe that this issue has been used by politicians for personal gain and manipulative reasons. I believe that it has been exaggerated by well intentioned people who think only a doom and gloom narrative will get the attention of our citizens. I think that like religion, some people have used the age old combination of guilt and being saved to further their own selfish and personal agendas..

Belief without evidence is called fantasy.

Still waiting for you to provide a shred of evidence to support your "climate change is a vast conspiracy in order to get research funding."

Instead, I've received weird demands to cite how I'm personally fighting climate change (which is hilarious, and sad), and you've devolved to calling me names.

• parallax said:
    I find it hard to believe, LMJ, that you don't drive and don't have kids for environmental reasons (as you seem to suggest). The vitriol with which you address everyone suggests a complete lack of empathy, which one would require to care about our planet.

Don't let that stop you, though (like it ever would hahah); please carry on with your handwringing and bizarre obsession with Rock.

Hahah

It's so cute that Rock's would-be groupie is here to give him back-up he doesn't need.

And it uses the word "vitriol," which is a go-to word for every mindless right-wing nutjob in America.

Fuck off, chuckles, you bore me.

• cove said:
    Equating those who "believe" in Climate Change with Religion? couldn't be more off-base.

This is not a debatable topic. Well, you can talk about if you care to do something about it, or if it's even worth it to do anything.
    But the man-made climate change part is not up for debate, sorry. You can hate Gore all you want; it's not about him.

It is for right-wing dipshits. Al Gore is fat and has a big house, therefore we must all bow to Big Oil and accept their benevolent overlordness.

And some nerds in East Anglia made fun of Jethros, so all scientists must die. Or something.

LazarusOblong said:
    parallax said:

Hahah

It's so cute that Rock's would-be groupie is here to give him back-up he doesn't need.

And it uses the word "vitriol," which is a go-to word for every mindless right-wing nutjob in America.

Hahah

What's the REAL reason you don't drive and don't have kids? Have you ever even been kissed? No wonder you're always so angry.

Hahah

• parallax said:
    LazarusOblong said:
    parallax said:

Hahah

Hahah

What's the REAL reason you don't drive and don't have kids? Have you ever even been kissed? No wonder you're always so angry.

Hahah

You should ask a staff member at your group home how to spell "Ha ha."

And no matter how many times you fetch water for him Rock's not gonna let you touch his beard.

When you learn to read please tell me when I said I don't drive, dipshit. Just blame that mistake on your missing chromosomes. I'm glad you ditched the chess avatar, but you should have replaced it with something you could actually play, like Candyland or Chutes & Ladders.

LazarusOblong said:
    parallax said:
    LazarusOblong said:
    parallax said:

Hahah

Hahah

Hahah

You should ask a staff member at your group home how to spell "Ha ha."

And no matter how many times you fetch water for him Rock's not gonna let you touch his beard.

When you learn to read please tell me when I said I don't drive, dipshit. Just blame that mistake on your missing chromosomes. I'm glad you ditched the chess avatar, but you should have replaced it with something you could actually play, like Candyland or Chutes & Ladders.

Hahah...is that a challenge? Dude, I would RUIN you in chess hahah. After I give you chess lessons, I can teach you how to pick up women and how to talk to them, too...but it's on you to figure kissing out...hahah

cove said:

I know you work in the science field but I forgot exactly what it is you do.

What's not debatable is that man's presence on earth affects our environment...in the 70's a great number of scientists were actually predicting Global Cooling and an impending Ice Age, now 40 years later many of those scientists are stating that they were wrong.

What certainly is and should be debateable is what exactly those affects have been, what they will be in the future and what are the best actions to be taken to address the issue.

I know many Environmentalists through my work who feel it's OK to lie to the public by giving potential doom and gloom scenarios because they feel the ends justify the means. I personally don't think the public should be lied to even if it's for their "own good". But sadly many people who are in a position to do so think that's OK.

The fact is undeniable that just like religion, the two motivating factors in the Man Made Global Warming agenda are gulit and being saved. This just might be a coincidence but those who have made money off the issue are charlatans.

The real irony here is that I have probably done more things in my life to address this issue in a positive way than the people here ridiculing me for not buying the doom and gloom narrative hook, line and sinker have. Yet they can ridicule while doing little else because they are "true believers"..

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    I'm not going to dip my toe in climate change but Roc - do you NOT believe the ocean is becoming systematically both more acidic and rising? Because as a waterman, I can tell you that both anecdotally and with empirical evidence that places like the Maldives will be underwater and inhabitable in my lifetime and that all around me I see changes in both ocean temperature, tide line and algae bloom.The acidification of the sea is projected to kill off 90% of the earths coral reefs by 2030 - and this is something Jacques Cousteau and other waterman predicted decades ago. Obviously 100 years is a long time but 6ft rise projected in 100 years is nothing to laugh at - especially when it puts entire countries underwater and possibly parts of San Francisco and Manhattan. That shit is in our childrens lifetime.

jussayin

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Since I bought a home I have gotten rid the oil furnace and made numerous energy upgrades greatly reducing my carbon footprint. I also choose to live in a small home, in a temperate climate, where air conditioning is not required. My electricity comes from renewables. I contemplated buying carbon credits and posted here about it. The strut massive convinced me that I could do more buy putting my money into reducing my own carbon footprint and that is what I have done. Planted trees? Done. Grow my own veggies to reduce transportation pollution? done. I also spend more time getting where I am going by foot, bike or public transportation than I do personal car.

Far more important I support local, state and federal politicians who support reducing carbon emissions.
    Doing what you can is good. If you don't actively support politicians who are trying to make a change than you might as well be driving a humvee.

I don't believe this. You have said, in this thread I believe, but more than once and loudly, that the sooner the human race comes to an end the happier you will be.

4YearGraduate said:
    I'm not going to dip my toe in climate change but Roc - do you NOT believe the ocean is becoming systematically both more acidic and rising? Because as a waterman, I can tell you that both anecdotally and with empirical evidence that places like the Maldives will be underwater and inhabitable in my lifetime and that all around me I see changes in both ocean temperature, tide line and algae bloom.The acidification of the sea is projected to kill off 90% of the earths coral reefs by 2030 - and this is something Jacques Cousteau and other waterman predicted decades ago. Obviously 100 years is a long time but 6ft rise projected in 100 years is nothing to laugh at - especially when it puts entire countries underwater and possibly parts of San Francisco and Manhattan. That shit is in our childrens lifetime.

jussayin

The acidification of the ocean is a very real thing and can be directly tied to the amount of excess CO2 in the atmosphere.
    Approximately 97% of the CO2 in our atmosphere occurs naturally(including humans and other animals breathing and farting) while about 3% is produced by burning fossil fuels. While this 3% is enough to throw off the natural balance of CO2 absorbtion, you have to look at what other factors are causing the problem.

For instance, the acidity of the ocean(s) has risen 26% in the last 30 years. Since pH is a logrhythm that means that on a scale of 1-14 a change from 6.2 to 6.15 would be 30%. To put that into perspective safe drinking water across our country can range from 6.5 - 8.5 accordin g to the EPA and WHO. In that same time the population of the earth has increased by 54% so it's a very logical conclusion that the CO2 would be rising with or without the burning of fossil fuels.

The CO2 content on this planet has ranged anywhere from 7,000 ppm down to 180 ppm over the last 500 million years. The last figure I saw was that we are currently at 380 ppm. Reducing that by 3%(to 368 ppm) doesn't solve the problem and most scientists agree that if we stopped burning ALL fossil fuels the problem would still exist. Reducing the world population in half would have a much bigger impact but no sane person is suggesting that.

So the answer has to be finding ways to reduce CO2 content while sustaining 8, 9, 10 billion people over the next 30 years. One way, although ridiculed by the SS intellegencia, is to plant more trees which help extract CO2 out of the atmosphere before it hits the oceans. Another is the development of "blue carbon"consisting of mangroves, seagrasses and salt marsh grasses. Such coastal vegetation, sequesters carbon far more effectively (up to 100 times faster) and more permanently than terrestrial forests. The company I work for is involved in both of these methods.

Honestly, I do think your 2030 prediction is inaccurate but regardless it is a problem that needs to be and is being addressed.

As always, I appreciate the opportunity to discuss something on it's merits instead of using insults and character assassination.

[I don't believe this. You have said, in this thread I believe, but more than once and loudly, that the sooner the human race comes to an end the happier you will be.

That is total lunacy......I have never said anything remotely close to this (Maybe, once again, you are confusing me with Frank) other than possible sarcasm. I have children and expect them to reproduce as well and suggesting I would be happy to see them dead is offensive.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Awesome how you can cry that the sky is falling and it's supposed to be taken seriously, but if you say that the president doesn't have the authority to drone bomb children then you are a certified wack job.

HarveyCanal said:
    Awesome how you can cry that the sky is falling and it's supposed to be taken seriously, but if you say that the president doesn't have the authority to drone bomb children then you are a certified wack job.

That isn't what makes you a certified wack job.

b/w

But what are YOOOUUUUU doing to fight climate change (That Rock thinks is really a conspiracy to get grant funding)?

Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

That isn't what makes you a certified wack job.

b/w

But what are YOOOUUUUU doing to fight climate change (That Rock thinks is really a conspiracy to get grant funding)?

You know when Harvey came here talking about Chemtrails I called him out and asked if he really believed in what he was saying why would he let his child go outside without a breathing mask on....in the same spirit, if you believe in the Al Gore Man Made Global warming narrative what are YOOOOUUUU doing about it besides coming here and making up lies about what I believe is a conspiracy.

I've got one clown claiming I would be happier if all mankind was dead and another joker stating that I made some sort of comment about the character and integrity of Greg Abbott which is absolute fabricated bullshit.......and here I am stuck in the middle with you.

• parallax said:
    I can teach you how to pick up women and how to talk to them, too...but it's on you to figure kissing out...hahah
    endin

No one who uses the phrase "pick up women" has anything to teach me about anything.

• Rockadelic said:
    in the 70's a great number of scientists were actually predicting Global Cooling and an impending Ice Age, now 40 years later many of those scientists are stating that they were wrong.

Oil company flacks like to say this (and say it over and over again) but it's really not true. There was no Age of the New Ice Age in the 70s. Who were some of this "great number of scientists"?

Hint: People like Erich Von Daniken and Hal Lindsey don't qualify as scientists.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s.htm

It's funny that denialists dismiss the near-total consensus that exists today but can't stop harping about what a few misguided nuts thought 40 years ago.

LazarusOblong said:
    parallax said:
    I can teach you how to pick up women and how to talk to them, too...but it's on you to figure kissing out...hahah
    endin

No one who uses the phrase "pick up women" has anything to teach me about anything.

Not even grammar? Hahah...

Science is bought and sold every day....lawyers can hire "scientific experts" to argue either side of just about any issue....this is a fact

Corporations pay for scientific results everyday....they keep the results they like and dispose of the rest. If you consistently give the results they want / use, you get paid, if not, you don't. Certainly no one can argue that it doesn't happen exactly like that.

Sadly, Science is a business that has no more or less integrity than any other money motivated occupation.

Corporations use science purely for profit....most people would like to believe that government sponsored science is purely for the better good..

The U.S. Government spent more than $32.5 billion on climate studies between 1989 and 2009.

So can any one of you say with a straight face that someone like Dick Cheney wouldn't try to use that $$ just like a Corporation does, but on a larger scale, to create results that could be used to gain power and profit?

You know, the guy that you say starts wars and kills millions to further his own agenda and line his pockets...that guy....or others like him.

If anyone was that evil and corrupt, which of course is impossible, Global Warming would be the perfect vehicle.

After all, 97% of scientists (and myself) agree that burning fossil fuels have had an affect on our environment. What very few agree on, and this is the part that is always conveniently ignored, is what damage it has done, will do and how to try to fix it. The scenario that has been presented, for the most part, is one of extremism. The scientists willing to put forth the info a Dick Cheney wants are used and the rest become just part of the "97% in agreement".

Of course this is absurd conspiracy theory rubbish as no U.S. government would ever do anything that dishonest....well, OK maybe the Bush/Cheney administration would....but certainly no one else.

In purer times and in different societies science was a field unfettered by Capitalism, here in 2014 that is no longer the case. And being pro-capitalist, I understand this as well as anyone. Having worked in the science field and with the government agencies that take money from BOTH sides of the argument, I see up close how easily it can be corrupt(ed). When $32.5 billion is being spent people are getting rich. None of that money is spent by sacrificing it to the ghost of Galileo, it's all going in someone's pocket.

Killing millions purely for oil and profit is a reality easily imagined, but this kind of abuse of science for power and profit is just too outrageous to comprehend. And I am amazed at the number of people I've spoken to who feel that even if it's being exaggerated or they are being lied to it's OK because it's all for the "better good". After all, doing too much is better than not doing enough. And while I understand that logic I also see how doing too much could be very harmful in other areas. (Stop the burning of all fossil fuels = Good / Putting 100 million people out of work in the process = Bad..... EDIT: This is a fictitious extreme example that no one is suggesting could/would happen but is being used strictly to demonstrate the old adage that the road to hell can be paved with nothing but good intentions, which I wrongly assumed would be obvious.) Humans have a conscience and if we caused it, we need to fix it, at any cost....nothing is too outrageous if it means saving the planet from impending doom ...certainly a blank check isn't too much to ask for. ....$22.2 Billion this year alone not counting the profits that private corporations will realize.

So if you are going to call me a "denier" get the facts straight. I don't deny that Climate Change is real nor the 7 Ice Ages it has been responsible for. I don't deny that the burning of fossil fuels, by scientific fact, creates more CO2 than not burning fossil fuels would. I don't deny that excessive CO2 contributes to many things on the planet.including temperature. I don't deny that Global Warming has become an Industry more than a scientific theory and many people/companies are getting rich from it. And I do admit that anytime a government states (and more than one has) that a scientific result is not up for debate or that opposing views need to be silenced it scares the shit out of me.

What I am a denier of is the gloom and doom scenario put forth by the vocal minority Global Warming alarmists And I don't believe that man nor God could change such an exaggerated and disparate scenario.

That's all I have to say on the topic..I will continue to work hard and get paid to try to come up with ways to reduce emissions, clean our planet and make it the best place it can be for my kids and their kids.......all while in my blind ignorant bliss.....I hope all of you can accomplish something similar......now I have to go adjust my tin-foil hat.

• Rockadelic said:
    Science is bought and sold every day....lawyers can hire "scientific experts" to argue either side of just about any issue....this is a fact

Corporations pay for scientific results everyday....they keep the results they like and dispose of the rest. If you consistently give the results they want / use, you get paid, if not, you don't. Certainly no one can argue that it doesn't happen exactly like that.

Sadly, Science is a business that has no more or less integrity than any other money motivated occupation.

Corporations use science purely for profit....most people would like to believe that government sponsored science is purely for the better good..

The U.S. Government spent more than $32.5 billion on climate studies between 1989 and 2009.

So can any one of you say with a straight face that someone like Dick Cheney wouldn't try to use that $$ just like a Corporation does, but on a larger scale, to create results that could be used for power and profit?

You know, the guy that you say starts wars and kills millions to further his own agenda and line his pockets...that guy....or others like him.

If anyone was that evil and corrupt, which of course is impossible, Global Warming would be the perfect vehicle.

After all, 97% of scientists (and myself) agree that burning fossil fuels have had an affect on our environment. What very few agree on, and this is the part that is always conveniently ignored, is what damage it has done, will do and how to try to fix it. The scenario that has been presented, for the most part, is one of extremism. The scientists willing to put forth the info a Dick Cheney wants are used and the rest become just part of the "97% in agreement".

Of course this is absurd conspiracy theory rubbish as no U.S. government would ever do anything that dishonest....well, OK maybe the Bush/Cheney administration would....but certainly no one else.

In purer times and in different societies science was a field unfettered by Capitalism, here in 2014 that is no longer the case. And being pro-capitalist, I understand this as well as anyone. Having worked in the science field and with the government agencies that take money from BOTH sides of the argument, I see up close how easily it can be corrupt(ed). When $32.5 billion is being spent people are getting rich. None of that money is spent by sacrificing it to the ghost of Galileo, it's all going in someone's pocket.

Killing millions purely for oil and profit is a reality easily imagined, but this kind of abuse of science for power and profit is just too outrageous to comprehend. And I am amazed at the number of people I've spoken to who feel that even if it's being exaggerated or they are being lied to it's OK because it's all for the "better good". After all, doing too much is better than not doing enough. And while I understand that logic I also see how doing too much could be very harmful in other areas. (Stop the burning of all fossil fuels = Good / Putting 100 million people out of work in the process = Bad) Man has a conscience and if we caused it, we need to fix it, at any cost....nothing is too outrageous if it means saving the planet from impending doom ...certainly a blank check isn't too much to ask for.

So if you are going to call me a "denier" get the facts straight. I don't deny that Climate Change is real nor the 7 Ice Ages it has been responsible for. I don't deny that the burning of fossil fuels, by scientific fact, creates more CO2 than not burning fossil fuels would. I don't deny that excessive CO2 is responsible for many problems on the planet.including temperature. I don't deny that Global Warming has become an Industry more than a scientific theory and many people/companies are getting rich from it. And I do admit that anytime a government states (and more than one has) that a scientific result is not up for debate or that opposing views need to be silenced it scares the shit out of me.

What I am a denier of is the gloom and doom scenario put forth by the vocal minority Global Warming alarmists And I don't believe that man nor God could change such an exaggerated and disparate scenario.

That's all I have to say on the topic..I will continue to work hard and get paid to try to come up with ways to reduce emissions, clean our planet and make it the best place it can be for my kids and their kids.......all while in my blind ignorant bliss.....I hope all of you can accomplish that much.......now I have to go adjust my tin-foil hat.

Hilarious. You talk about some supposed doom and gloom crowd that you despise, then posit that they would put "100 million people" out of work.

I know exactly where you pulled that statistic from. Did it hurt? How does it feel to be part of a "doom and gloom crowd" yourself?

Now you say you're not a denier. What was all of that gibberish about East Anglia, then? Since climate change is real and you're even willing g to admit it, what exactly makes you grind axes for denialists?

Oh, right, you hate liberals. Never mind.

Benghazi! IRS! Kenyansocialistusurpertyrant!

Rockadelic said:

What very few agree on, and this is the part that is always conveniently ignored, is what damage it has done, will do and how to try to fix it.

Steven Goddard, you appear to be logged in as Rock.

I can tell because this statement of yours is patently false, which is Steven Goddard's "thing".

LazarusOblong said:

Hilarious. You talk about some supposed doom and gloom crowd that you despise, then posit that they would put "100 million people" out of work.

I know exactly where you pulled that statistic from. Did it hurt? How does it feel to be part of a "doom and gloom crowd" yourself?

Now you say you're not a denier. What was all of that gibberish about East Anglia, then? Since climate change is real and you're even willing g to admit it, what exactly makes you grind axes for denialists?

Wait a minute. Rock is now NOT a denier?

But, he's spent the past few weeks saying that climate change is a hoax created by people who want research funding.

Wow. He IS Steven Goddard.

• Bon Vivant said:
    LazarusOblong said:

Wait a minute. Rock is now NOT a denier?

But, he's spent the past few weeks saying that climate change is a hoax created by people who want research funding.

Wow. He IS Steven Goddard.

It all sort of makes me dizzy, but I think his current position is that he's the only person on the planet (well, except for a fossil named Freeman Dyson) who actually understands the problem and is capable of doing something about it. And he gets paid to do it, which is okay for him but not for fat people like Al Gore.

There was also some nonsense about Dick Cheney which I couldn't even begin to follow. Cheney has amassed a personal fortune of $70-80 million dollars by lying hundreds of thousands of people to death, and that is somehow not quite as bad as Al Gore making a movie. Oh, and Rick Perry says bazillions of scientists in the 70s said we'd be hip-deep in wooly mammoths by now, so they owe everyone free Humvees.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    [I don't believe this. You have said, in this thread I believe, but more than once and loudly, that the sooner the human race comes to an end the happier you will be.

That is total lunacy......I have never said anything remotely close to this (Maybe, once again, you are confusing me with Frank) other than possible sarcasm. I have children and expect them to reproduce as well and suggesting I would be happy to see them dead is offensive.

I don't know about lunacy. It is no secret that I am mentally deficient, and so may have misinterpreted your writing.
    I can assure Frank, and you, I did not have you 2 mixed up. I must have just misunderstood, perhaps because of my mental disability or lunacy.

At any rate, I am glad that we agree that global climate change is real and caused by human influences.
    Why, given your concern for the human race, you have so much hate for people who want to do something about it I don't understand. No need to explain, I doubt I am smart enough to understand the explanation.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    No offense but I do think you got us mixed up. Rock is skeptic, maybe not even a flat out denier of Global Warming while I am not only a believer but I also fullheartedly endorse and support the concept. Although, as far as the end of the human plague, my most realistic hope would be for a viral disease.