M.C. HAMMER APPRECIATION THREAD

13»

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    I guess 3rd Bass dissed Hammers mother and he went berzerker

... and Simpson's t-shirts.

^the left one is my finest ebay score ever! been looking for that for 11 years!

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    someone please tell me more detail about the hit on Serch, cause of the gasface thing? that can't be true!?

Check the link, hommie:

http://www.heavybronx.com/interviews/serch1.htm

• BUMP.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• pkny said:
    someone please tell me more detail about the hit on Serch, cause of the gasface thing? that can't be true!?

Check the link, hommie:

http://www.heavybronx.com/interviews/serch1.htm

Not Found
    The requested document was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server at heavybronx.com

Uhhh... where's the link again?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    somewhere back in 05'

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    somewhere back in 05'

ZING!

At any rate, I'm guessing the link was to the P Brothers' interview with MC Serch in which Serch talks about the hit that was put out on 3rd Bass. Here's the Readers Digest Abridged version:

So 3rd Bass disses the shit out of Hammer, but it's not "The Gas Face" or any of that that pisses him off, it's Pete Nice's lyric "The Cactus turned Hammer's mother out" from "The Cactus." Hammer takes it as a dis to his mom and not as wordplay on "Turn This Mutha Out." So while 3rd Bass is en route to Cali for the first time, Hammer's brother Louis calls up Russell Simmons and informs him that a contract has been put out on Serch and Pete. Russell begs Louis to call off the hit, but is told that it can't be done (one hilarious compromise that was offered was "we'll just break their legs, so you can still show them on TV from the waist up"), so he turns to Mike Concepcion, who arranges for some gang-related protection to be attached to 3rd Bass while they're in LA. Serch and Pete are completely unaware that all this is going on and think their security is really there to keep ravenous fans at bay. They learn that it's real when, while at the mall, they insist to the Crip lieutenant who was assigned to be their protection against the hit that the whole thing is bullshit and he should just let them interact with their fans. Crip says, "OK," and walks away, at which point all sorts of dudes in the mall tie their rags over their faces and pull out guns, the whole nine. Crip dude re-appears, tells all the would-be killers to chill, and the guns are put away, the rags are untied, and props are given to 3rd Bass's records.

• DJ_Enki said:
    SIRUS said:
    somewhere back in 05'

ZING!

At any rate, I'm guessing the link was to the P Brothers' interview with MC Serch in which Serch talks about the hit that was put out on 3rd Bass. Here's the Readers Digest Abridged version:

So 3rd Bass disses the shit out of Hammer, but it's not "The Gas Face" or any of that that pisses him off, it's Pete Nice's lyric "The Cactus turned Hammer's mother out" from "The Cactus." Hammer takes it as a dis to his mom and not as wordplay on "Turn This Mutha Out." So while 3rd Bass is en route to Cali for the first time, Hammer's brother Louis calls up Russell Simmons and informs him that a contract has been put out on Serch and Pete. Russell begs Louis to call off the hit, but is told that it can't be done (one hilarious compromise that was offered was "we'll just break their legs, so you can still show them on TV from the waist up"), so he turns to Mike Concepcion, who arranges for some gang-related protection to be attached to 3rd Bass while they're in LA. Serch and Pete are completely unaware that all this is going on and think their security is really there to keep ravenous fans at bay. They learn that it's real when, while at the mall, they insist to the Crip lieutenant who was assigned to be their protection against the hit that the whole thing is bullshit and he should just let them interact with their fans. Crip says, "OK," and walks away, at which point all sorts of dudes in the mall tie their rags over their faces and pull out guns, the whole nine. Crip dude re-appears, tells all the would-be killers to chill, and the guns are put away, the rags are untied, and props are given to 3rd Bass's records.

ha ha ha...i havent heard that story before, the part about "from the waist up"..lol priceless!