The Pioneer SL 1200

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited March 2014 in Strut Central
Well... not really. But it's pretty damn close. Maybe they bought the design rights?

http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=9198

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    damn this is all over facebookz right now...some people have arms in the air, others seem like they are stoked about this...i havent taken the time to check the specs or anything, looks good from what i saw..

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Not sure why this is a big deal since this Stanton has been out for years:

Any idea of the price?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Any idea of the price?

In fairness, the Stanton is close, but the pioneer is a near replica.

I'm interested in price as well.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    that looks nice. was thinking about buying an audiotechnica, but will wait for more details

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I have one of the turn-of-the-century 1200s with the little reset button. I don't see it dying. If it were to die, I could see buying this. Sure.

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    Bought my first Technics in 1989 and am using the Stanton for 3 years now, touring with the band of singer Caro Emerald.
    To be honest, being a hardcore Technics fanatic, the Stanton overrules the Technics when it comes down to turntablism....

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    MR_ZIMMS said:
    To be honest, being a hardcore Technics fanatic, the Stanton overrules the Technics when it comes down to turntablism....

Really? I've always head Tech's (not including a very poorly informed gemini purchase before I knew what the fuck I was doing) and found them to be the absolute best when I compared them to other set ups I've come across (Statnon, Numark, Vestax, usual suspects).

What is it about your Stanton that surpases your Technic for turntablist 'ish?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    someone reminded me about these last night, totally forgot about these things - Pioneer DJ3500

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Any idea of the price?

Hey Horseleech,

I love my pair, and I picked them up for about $500 each back in 2010 from Musician's Direct. They play well and they hold steady during the scratches and cuts.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I stand by my Numark TTX. It's not as aesthetically pleasing as I would like. I'm over the cool blue led display. But she is a workhorse! Noticeably heavier than a 1200 and higher torque. Also has a line level output option in case you want to skip a phono preamp. Even has a spdif out I've never used lol. The +/- 50% speed adjust is nice too.

Numark now has a TTXUSB that includes a usb connection for ripping vinyl.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Word is it's a rebadged Hanpin. Hanpin builds turntables for Audio Technica, Denon, Music Hall, Stanton, and other brands. This Pioneer is closest to the Audio Technica LP-1240 but with slightly changed up cosmetics. If you look at the buttons, platter, tonearm, etc. you can see that they're identical.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Aren't there still plenty of used Technics out there from the everybody-wants- to-DJ craze of the early 2000's?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Snapping said:
    Aren't there still plenty of used Technics out there from the everybody-wants- to-DJ craze of the early 2000's?

I picked up a pair for the grip and flip a few months ago. Was surprised to find out their value had dropped some.