Let's talk about pizza

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I go to 500 but that's it. Works fine enough for me.

You could use the broiler, or I've heard of people using "self-clean" but that scares me.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

I've heard of people using "self-clean" but that scares me.

That's been the main reason I haven't tried this at home. Is a pizza stone really all it takes?

I've been lurking here for the last year. Mostly people making em at home http://www.reddit.com/r/Pizza

This thread is making me wanna go out and buy a stone not now but right now.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    2 words:

Goats Cheese.

Perchance a little piquant for some palates, but Pizza Express do a great one.

Padana Leggera

Goats cheese, spinach, red & caramelised onions, garlic oil

Tell me what you fancy from here:

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/our-food/our-restaurant-menu/mains/

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    "Let's talk about pizza" is a hott opener.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    day said:

I've been lurking here for the last year. Mostly people making em at home http://www.reddit.com/r/Pizza

PIZZA FRIES?!?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Again, I love our stones. They live in the oven, if I'm going to warm some pita, or reheat some cornbread, I just throw it on the stone.

Cooks Illustrated (America's Test Kitchen) recommends pre-heating stones for an hour. An hour! I never do that.

Our oven will go over 500o, but it freaks Nancy out. If I am not there to lobby for 500o it gets done at 450o. But still good.

Like Jonny said, there are lots of fancy schmanzy recipes here. All good I am sure.
    But just using what ever is fresh, or what ever is on hand will also make a good pizza.

We do the dough in the bread machine for ease.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    use ciliegine (the lil balls) of mozzarella so that it melts and spreads but doesnt burn and dry out on the pie

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Dbhcuanrhbewjjdhbrbrkwosjxhrvnw

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Smoked scarmoza is my absolute favourite pizza cheese

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

The only oven I ever had with self clean, it was a cycle and you couldn't open the door until was done. If you put a pizza in there it would be a little pile of ash by the time you could open it up.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    Donair Pizza - but none of that fake shit from "everywhere else in Canada", real deal Halifax Donair Pizza will change your life for ever.. actually donair's in general will change your life the pizza will make it that much better, lol

http://www.kingofdonair.ca/

Jonny_Paycheck said:

The only oven I ever had with self clean, it was a cycle and you couldn't open the door until it was done. If you put a pizza in there, it would be a little pile of ash by the time you could get to it.

• kalakala 3,359 Posts
    for my deep dish pan headz........I have made vegan versions of this
    its the bomb,as others have mentioned heat is where it's at.the hotter the oven the better the end result for any kind of pie

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza.html
    and
    http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=2047.0

ps
    goat cheese on pizza?
    gtfoohwtgs
    goat cheese is the most vile fucking thing on the planet,that is the taste of a rotted syphilitic hooker corpse [not that i would know mind you]

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    kala said:
    goat cheese is the most vile fucking thing on the planet

Cosign.

b/w

There are some good ideas on this thread I need to try!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Your not getting the right goat cheese.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm a big fan of keeping it simple when it comes to good pizza, 3 or 4 toppings max. Aside from mozzarella other good cheese I like to add for a little variation are pecorino, grana padano and fontal. I love some mushroom and prosciutto, but if you're putting the ham on at any other time than after it's just come out of the oven, you're a fucking heathen.

I like to make my own doe when possible. It really doesn't take much time if you've got a mixing machine. Make a large batch, let them rise overnight in the fridge, then chuck what you don't use in the freezer. You really want it to be warmed and puffy by the time you work it though. And when you've got it to decent size by stretching your rolling, get the final shape and crust by working it with a flat hand pushing from the middle out, so your fingertips naturally form a crust.

Korean pizza is one of the most wrong things i've ever eaten.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    bassie said:
    top with Italian tuna

Herds of which can be seen grazing on the slopes of the alps, just north of Milan.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Gluten-Free Wheat Dough
    Roasted Yellow Tomato Sauce
    Roasted and Crushed Elephant Garlic
    Shredded Thai Basil
    Dinosaur Kale & Collard Greens
    Rosemary Marinated Goat Cheese
    Sea Salt & Crushed White Pepper
    Roasted & Chopped Japanese Eggplant

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    gluten free is a must regrettably, but this guy yo! lol

#team goats cheese

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    If goat cheese on your pizza is too adventurous, I don't know what we're doing here.

I love anchovies on my pizza. Also like courgette (zucchini) slices too. Out of the oven, and some crushed raw garlic & rocket leaves.

Thin crust only thank you.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Thin crust = people that dont realy like pizza

Go dump your favorite veggies on a big ass english muffin and serve that to your breaking bad friends that come over to now watch true detective......

:oh_my:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    lol.

This dude sticks on the right side as I scroll through the thread.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    batmon said:
    You sound like a peasant.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DOR said:
    lol.

Haha me too

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Okay we got toppings covered... what about underneath the pizza slice? Anyone mess with 'faina'? A tradition in Argentina, you eat a slice of faina underneath your slice of pizza. It might not sound good, but trust me its delicious. Just seems to accentuate the whole thing.

Faina

batmon said:

You are completely wrong in every way.

Please turn in your keys on the way out.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    MusicaDelAlma said:
    DOR said:
    lol.

Haha me too

That dude is dominating my mobile view. Like a pop up that won't go away, covering 2/3 of the screen. What is happening?