Out There

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited March 2014 in Strut Central

http://traffic.libsyn.com/voodoofunk/out_there.mp3

Here's a new, all Nigerian mix I made for Australian internet radio program Noise In My Head http://www.noiseinmyhead.com.au/2014/02/160214-w-voodoo-funk/

Almost 90 minutes long, starting of with various Funk & Disco favorites, followed by some seriously heavy Edo Funk Benin City style before wrapping things up with a few unknown and deep, deep Afrobeat tunes.

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Wicked - will check out when I get home

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Thanks!

Excited to listen!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Oh Damn! Just what I needed to chill to.

Thanks, Frank!

• Spectacular. Made my day.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Just getting into the heavier stuff towards the end now. I love mixes like this where I'm excited for,the next track to come in because a) I don't know it, and b) I know it will be heat.

Keep up the exploits!! ;)

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The last jam of the mix is great... and the kind of track I'd love to see re-issued :smirk:

• Dope shit man.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    The last jam of the mix is great... and the kind of track I'd love to see re-issued :smirk:

Could very well be possible as I got an unplayed copy from the label owner but the problem is there as no cover, not sure if there even ever was one...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    always stellar
    thanks, cap'n

Frank said:
    Duderonomy said:

Could very well be possible as I got an unplayed copy from the label owner but the problem is there as no cover, not sure if there even ever was one...

Compilation material? Cover art would be less specific, theme the comp on long noodly jams... seem to remember some of your early voodoo funk blog mixes had some great tracks like this.

wait is this is two different mixes?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Frank said:
    Duderonomy said:

Compilation material? Cover art would be less specific, theme the comp on long noodly jams... seem to remember some of your early voodoo funk blog mixes had some great tracks like this.

This might be an idea... would have to wait though as i won't get to access my pre 2012 collection again before 2016 or even later...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    wait is this is two different mixes?

no, when you go to the radio link he published his own mix before this.

aah. thank you, great white hunter

Frank said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Frank said:
    Duderonomy said:

This might be an idea... would have to wait though as i won't get to access my pre 2012 collection again before 2016 or even later...

Wut..? Aw sh*t. You need to get somebody interning for you. They take the records to Horseleech, Bob's your uncle.

I think I saved one of your blog mixes as 'Frank's Mix #6', and I remember this was full of goodness.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    i won't get to access my pre 2012 collection again before 2016 or even later[/b]...

Wut..? Aw sh*t. You need to get somebody interning for you. They take the records to Horseleech, Bob's your uncle.

when we left nyc for costa rica i had all my records shipped to berlin to be put into a storage cause of the high risk of home robberies down here. our new house is also right below the cloud forest and crazy humid during rainy season. i need little heaters in my clothes cabinets just so my shirts don't mold and rot off their hangers. little detail i failed to consider is that due to customs regulations i can't access any of the stuff in storage as long as i'm not registered in germany as a resident. i can access and look at (and even touch) all of my stored shit on my trips back to berlin but i'm not allowed to take a single record out of the building.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    BeatChemist said:

Keep up the exploits!! ;)

Watch your mouth! Frank aint exploiting no body! ;-)

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    thanks, this is great~