Grammys

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central
You have to admit the Imagine Dragons / Kendrick Lamar was pretty good.

2 Beatles performing with the Beatles famlies dancing was a good sight.

Pherrell and his hipster mountie look

The Highwaymen!

Comments

• LL is mega corny.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Didn't see any of it except for a vid of Beyonce at the start. She was incredible (and I'm not even a fan of the new album).

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    LL is mega corny.

Yea, but that's the gig. He's a founder making money so I can't hate on that.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    volumen said:
    Controller_7 said:
    LL is mega corny.

Yea, but that's the gig. He's a founder making money so I can't hate on that.

Yup.

It's hard for me to hate on any of those OGs.

Pharrell's head is too small for that classic Vivienne Westwood/Malcolm McLaren hat though. But the one he wore during the performance was PROPER. Holmes wore it well.

I watched the whole thing from beginning to end for the first time in well over twenty years. I was entertained.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Get Lucky was off in parts. But I thought it was pretty hot.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/daft-punk-stevie-wonder-pharrell-674151

Steven Tyler is amazing at the beginning of this video.

Stevie Wonder is a musical genius.

DOR said:

It seemed like Stevie forgot some lyrics.

Herm said:
    DOR said:

It seemed like Stevie forgot some lyrics.

There also seems to be a lot of technical glitches. Kris Kristofferson was reaching for his mic pack and telling Willie he couldn't hear. General bad mixing on the larger groups.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Jesus, you guys are nit-picky! Daft Punk with Stevie Wonder killed it.

Kendrick Lamar was pretty good.

Dude's performances are boring.

Macklemore best rap? Please.

Paul Williams - "I used to see things.....I got sober and 2 robots called me to make a record."

yuichi said:
    Jesus, you guys are nit-picky! Daft Punk with Stevie Wonder killed it.

Kendrick Lamar was pretty good.

Dude's performances are boring.

The Daft Punk just got off to a rough start like some of the other performances and then kicked in. Highwaymen and Metallica all had a rough starts. It seemed like the artists couldn't hear them selves and had to adjust.

Kendrick may be boring on his own, but that whole live mash up thing worked. They had everybody on their feet at the end. I don't listen to either of them but I can give them credit for putting on a show.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Aaaaaaaand the Grammy for best Hip Hop performance goesssss tooooooo

THE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH

"Its not that we're concieted - its just that we defeated - aaaaaaaaaalllllll of you - YOU - YOU - YOU"

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Good night for Nile Rodgers - 3 gongs.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    volumen said:
    Pharrell and his hipster mountie look

As has been pointed out elsewhere, social media reactions to Pharrell's hat are a good way of working out who's not old enough to remember the Buffalo Gals video.

That macklemore is full of shit. If he didnt want the grammy, he should have pulled out, not accepted or given it to someone else instead. Whats the point in accepting it then tweeting it should have gone to someone else and giving radio interviews saying someone else should have gotten it. Dont talk about it, be about it. Crocodile tears.

staxwax said:
    That macklemore is full of shit. If he didnt want the grammy, he should have pulled out, not accepted or given it to someone else instead. Whats the point in accepting it then tweeting it should have gone to someone else and giving radio interviews saying someone else should have gotten it. Dont talk about it, be about it. Crocodile tears.

Ha ha. Did you lose the office pool or something? Almost everyone says they shouldn't've won. Has anybody ever accepted a hand-me-down Grammy?? Serious question.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Herm said:
    Has anybody ever accepted a hand-me-down Grammy?? Serious question.

I wish youtube didn't spend so much effort taking down simpsons clips. It would make quoting the simpsons a hell of a lot easier.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The homie...

:bravo:

• staxwax said:

i believe it is now called "humble bragging".

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's amazing how the two most unwatchable TV shows of the year are on at the same time/same night!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    It's amazing how the two most unwatchable TV shows of the year are on at the same time/same night!

Grammys and Royal Rumble?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    two

Herm said:
    staxwax said:

Ha ha. Did you lose the office pool or something? Almost everyone says they shouldn't've won. Has anybody ever accepted a hand-me-down Grammy?? Serious question.

Actually there are many examples of artists not accepting, refusing or passing awards to others if they felt strongly enough about it in some way or another. Macklemore is really a punk to make such a huge point out of being undeserving and pointing out who should have won before and after the event, except for in the actual moment, when he accepted the award without mention of any of his misgivings. That's the dictionary definition of a bullshit artist.

Not that i actually give a shit about award shows, macklemore, kendrick lamar etc. etc. - i just couldnt help noticing due to the excessive amount of attention this was given. Also a bitch move to send someone a private message and then display it to the whole world afterwards to prove how cool you really are. All of this was in the hot97 twittter stream after he went on there to harp on about KL should have won.

Just bag the bitch ass award for your bitch ass record and stfu without all the pulling of hair out of white pop rapper guilt.

My text to Kendrick after the show. He deserved best rap album... I'm honored and completely blown away to win anything much less 4 Grammys. But in that category, he should have won IMO. blablabla

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

Grammys and Royal Rumble?

Pro Bowl

Damn Staxwax, for somebody who doesn't care at all you sure seem to care a lot.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm just hoping that Macklemore shows up here to concisely teach us how to be better people via a rap song. We really could use his positive influence, as could the whole world.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    I'm just hoping that Macklemore shows up here to concisely teach us how to be better people via a rap song.

And in the meantime you can listen to Lorde tell you how it makes us worse.