If you were a sandwich...

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
I think I would be a roast beef three-way (thin-sliced roast beef with a thin, spicy barbecue sauce, mayo, and American cheese). But I experimented with being a chivito in college.

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    The Whaler.

• Turkey Reuben.

• pastrami on rye.

no pickle.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Crayfish and rocket on wholemeal.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I wouldn't mind reincarnating as a bahn-mi in my next life.

also, behold the most glorious list ever made:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sandwiches

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Pumpernickel & Rye Swirl w/ Whole Grain Beer Mustard, Red Onion, Arugula, Muenster Cheese, and Hot Capicola.

• ppadilha said:

I wanna work my way through this list this yr.

rootlesscosmo said:
    ppadilha said:

things that sound like an insult in English but are a delicacy in China:

DONKEY BURGER

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Either a Bahn Mi or...

Shooter Sandwich!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    A heap of salty beef with an irritating amount of horseradish and no bread.

I said bahn mi without giving it much thought, but a fried oyster po' boy would be a close second.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    ppadilha said:

I will definitely be making some of these. I straight up love me some sandwiches.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Sausage baguette. With a glass of strong sweet cider.

This thread has serious erotic fiction possibilities. B/w I feel like I'm on a dating game show.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Roast beef po-boy.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    DOR said:
    Either a Bahn Mi or...

Shooter Sandwich!

Let me just add... That while the shooter sandwich is the greatest sandwich of all time. I do love me a torta!

• i change my answer..... they got these softshell crab sangwiches with pork skin crackle and coleslaw..... holy shit id be delicious

edit: im gonna go pick 4 or 5 of me up tonight.

• roast pork, broccoli rabe, provolone

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Icecream

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Most likely something served at a place like Canter's, but cold cut, cured tube meat, in lieu of pastrami, with an extra dollop spread of mayo. Either that or a simple sourdough tuna sandwich spiked with a load of hot sauce.

What else would a white, weed smoking sort-of-Jewish Italophile without a sense of smell eat?

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    roast pork, broccoli rabe, provolone

there was a famous philly cheese steak dude who set up shop in midtown Manhattan for a short period around 2005, I don't remember the name but he served a sandwich that was some sort of pork with broccoli rabe and provolone and it was delicious. Way better than a cheese steak.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    sangwiches

Yes!

• ppadilha said:
    philly cheese steak

Philly cheese steak is fucking terrible.

Worst regional specialty ever.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Due to my royal lineage, obviously I'd be a Monte Cristo.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    ppadilha said:
    philly cheese steak

Totally disgusting. Grey shreds of meat embedded in a slimy, pus-like glob. Unless you're a special fx make-up dude working on a infested shrapnel wound there's absolutely no use for such an abomination.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    parallax said:
    vintageinfants said:
    sangwiches

Yes!

my colleague says sangwiches. I want to throttle him

b/w

thinly sliced cooked turkey with coleslaw

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Frank said:
    Horseleech said:
    ppadilha said:
    philly cheese steak

Totally disgusting. Grey shreds of meat embedded in a slimy, pus-like glob. Unless you're a special fx make-up dude working on a infested shrapnel wound there's absolutely no use for such an abomination.

I thought you were exaggerating until I google-image'd it. You're being fucking kind. I've seen "better looking" puke.

• tabira said:
    Frank said:
    Horseleech said:
    ppadilha said:
    philly cheese steak

I thought you were exaggerating until I google-image'd it. You're being fucking kind. I've seen "better looking" puke.

Philadelphia will always be a second rate city until they stand up as one and renounce this foul shit.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    tabira said:
    Frank said:
    Horseleech said:
    ppadilha said:
    philly cheese steak

Philadelphia will always be a second rate city until they stand up as one and renounce this foul shit.

Hougie?

Grinder ??? Midwest, New England, Riverside, CA. Also, a hot hoagie may be referred to as a Grinder in Eastern Pennsylvania.
    Hero ??? Downstate New York, northern New Jersey and the Eastern United States
    Hoagie ??? Philadelphia, Detroit, South Jersey.
    Sub - Delaware, New England, New Jersey, Detroit and Baltimore
    Poor boy or Po' boy ??? Gulf Coast, especially around New Orleans
    Spuckie ??? Boston, Massachusetts (archaic)
    Wedge ??? Specific to Yonkers, parts of the Bronx, and other areas of Westchester County, Rockland County, Putnam County and Dutchess County in New York, and Fairfield County, Connecticut. It was widely believed in Yonkers, that the term ???wedge??? came from a truncation of the word ???sandwich??? as pronounced by the wife of Frank Landy, who owned the legendary Landy???s Deli in Yonkers, New York. The deli was well-known throughout Yonkers as well as the north Bronx and neighboring cities and towns in Westchester County. It was not uncommon to see a lunch-time line of people from all different walks of life, stretching down the street, waiting to get a Landy???s wedge. The Landy???s were Italian-American immigrants and Mrs. Landy would pronounce ???sandwich??? as ???san-wedge??? with her Italian accent. Eventually the term just became ???wedge??? (ie. hot capicola and Provolone wedge).
    Zep (likely truncation of zeppelin) ??? New Jersey; Phoenixville, PA and Norristown, PA.
    Italian ??? Maine, where "Italian" is used regardless of the filling, which is specified separately, as a "ham Italian", "veggie Italian" or "roast beef Italian". A regular Italian is usually a ham Italian, made up of: ham, cheese, onions, olives, green peppers, pickles, and tomatoes. Italians are made to order at most convenience stores and gas stations. A Maine "Italian" is often served on a larger version of the top-loading "New England style" hot dog bun. Amato's, a chain of stores in northern New England, claims to be the originator of the Italian sub. The term is also found in New Jersey.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Plz don't teach me how to hougie