Pansexual Dwarf Squashes Beef, Rants Publicly!

2»

Comments

• would kanye make beats for tinker hatfield's hip hop debut?

• bassie said:
    Classist? Like expecting to just get into the fashion industry because you are rich and famous and Kanye West?

To be fair though, the fashion industry ( at least the high end fashion industry) is racist. How many black high end fashion designers are there?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    bassie said:
    Classist? Like expecting to just get into the fashion industry because you are rich and famous and Kanye West?

To be fair though, the fashion industry ( at least the high end fashion industry) is racist. How many black high end fashion designers are there?

To be fair to whom and to what?
    This is not news.

At this point, which person active in modern life and culture with a fraction of concern for image, brand protection, smart business and how they spend their time would want to meet with Kanye West and risk him freaking out on them or their interests? Or is it that he has much more respect for the President of LV than he does people like Sway?

• you all make excellent points, but really the only thing that truly matters is one simple question:

why does kanye want SO BADLY to be part of a world he so greatly detests?

it's never been the landmark industry of equality and honesty that hes asking it to be and has never even entertained delusions of wanting to be that way, so all of his arguments and protestations are not only simple posturing and marketing, but sheer rhettoric. if this guy wants to make some clothes then i support him fully in doing so, but he's really going to have to stay in his own lane or make a new one.

• Da Vinylmentalist said:
    bassie said:

if you read up on your read ups like a good boy, you'll also find that he did all of the work involved in training and becoming a large fashion house's design chief.

you've basically just asked why there aren't more black surgeons. there ARE black surgeons, just as many as white ones or asian ones.... but they all did the due diligence required in being a surgeon. you think because someone's got a steady hand they can walk into a medical room and cut someone open?

vintageinfants said:
    you all make excellent points, but really the only thing that truly matters is one simple question:

Selective Stockholm Syndrome.
    I think people put him on some strange godly pedestal where he doesn't have the same conflicts and inconsistencies as the rest of us.
    You hate the cool kids, see them for all their superficiality and cruelty but would still give anything to eat the same table.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    http://www.thefader.com/2013/11/27/russell-simmons-defends-kanye-west-in-blog-post/#ixzz2lz3hR3sM

"In a post on his website Global Grind today, Russell Simmons praises ???The Genius That is Kanye West.??? The Def Jam co-founder reflects back on his first encounter with Kanye West many years ago and a lunch the two shared just last week, and then shakes a common criticism of Kanye, submitting instead that ???Certainly he wants a piece for himself???everybody would, but at his core, at the bottom of his heart, lies an inner-truth that has led to an external battle to make this world a bit easier for those who have been dealt a hand of struggle, by showing them a glimmer of hope through his art.??? And of those so-called ???rants,??? he writes:

It is his generation that has this power. He knows it. He feels it. He tastes it. And he so badly wants it like mad. So, you may think he???s mad when he goes on his ???Yeezy rants,??? but it is a different kind of mad. It is a mad that keeps you up at night, knowing that if you fall asleep, you are wasting time. It is a mad that makes you go into the lab and work seven days with no sleep, cause you want to perfect your craft. It is a mad that sees the world still unfair for women and people of color, that makes you want to break down every door that they say is locked and can never be open. It is a mad-scientist kind of mad. One who wants to uplift his people to the top of the mountain, so in unison, they can chant from the top of their lungs, ???No One Man Should All That Power!??? He is fighting for his generation, his people, his country, his planet earth???.like a motherfuckin??? monster!

It???s a big deal to have a guy like Uncle Rush in your corner, and the honor was not lost on Kanye, who thanked him for his ???kind insightful words??? and ???mentorship??? on twitter."

• these are the comments that really cut to the bone, imho:

bassie said:
    tastelessly desperate need for white corporate validation

vintageinfants said:

...and those are basically variants of the question the interviewer asks that sets kanye off...the man is a walking, talking, auto-tuned contradiction who is ready to self-destruct at any given moment.

• Kanye West says he wasn???t feeling Biggie???s beats for ???Juicy??? or ???Big Poppa???

http://rollingout.com/music/kanye-west-says-wasnt-feeling-biggies-beats-juicy-big-poppa/

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Can't hate that, everyone's got an opinion.

b/w

Kanye's wrong.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Where do I sign up to become one of these gazillionaire slaves?

B/W

His black skinhead instrumental plays over one of the new iPhone commercials now. Fuckin' hypocrite.

• JectWon said:
    Rockadelic said:

B/W

His black skinhead instrumental plays over one of the new iPhone commercials now. Fuckin' hypocrite.

At the end of the day he gets the $ though. Just like all these 'rants', the fact we are discussing them means he's successful in achieving great publicity.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    ketan said:

at the end, why are they in the room talking off mic???? i wish juan ep would get a little more organized sometimes.

SIRUS said:
    ketan said:

at the end, why are they in the room talking off mic???? i wish juan ep would get a little more organized sometimes.

They were clearly in awe of Kanye, so I just figure they didn't want to leave anything on the cutting room floor.

• in a sea of radio corniness, Rosenberg still manages to distinguish himself. he may truly be the lamest talk DJ out.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    JectWon said:
    Rockadelic said:

B/W

At the end of the day he gets the $ though. Just like all these 'rants', the fact we are discussing them means he's successful in achieving great publicity.

GET THAT MONEY KANYE

• clown show.

does publicity still have carriage? who doesn't have publicity? seems more like low hanging fruit than any indication of meaningful success at this point.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    bassie said:
    does publicity still have carriage? who doesn't have publicity? seems more like low hanging fruit than any indication of meaningful success at this point.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    bassie said:

this is a great point. the internet has changed fame in that way.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    clown show.

Really? You strike me as the type that would smack the youknowwhat out of someone who heckled you at your job. Not a dis at all. Of course, I don't think you'd hit a woman but I've had a girl kicked out for incessantly screaming at me and calling me an asshole for not playing her request. Fuck that. Let me do my job.

• I mean more the whole spectacle: the fashion masks, the robe, the autotune bullshit, the waitwaitwait-lemme-rant-here-for-a-minute, the sycophantic fans cursing out the offender, the plaintive faux-self-sacrifice he's constantly talking about as if his outbursts do anything to meaningfully "endanger" him or his career, the self-importance, etc.........

• Ricky Spicer, the former soul singer of The Ponderosa Twins Plus One, filed a lawsuit on Monday in New York court against West, as well as Roc-a-Fella Records, Universal Music Group and Island Def Jam Music Group. The suit states that Spicer is seeking an injunction and damages for alleged violations of New York civil right of publicity law (section 51), unjust enrichment and common law copyright infringement.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5847908/kanye-west-sued-over-sample-in-bound-2

is it even remotely possible that kanye west released a radioplay single without clearing the main sample? i dont believe it.

• vintageinfants said:
    Ricky Spicer, the former soul singer of The Ponderosa Twins Plus One, filed a lawsuit on Monday in New York court against West, as well as Roc-a-Fella Records, Universal Music Group and Island Def Jam Music Group. The suit states that Spicer is seeking an injunction and damages for alleged violations of New York civil right of publicity law (section 51), unjust enrichment and common law copyright infringement.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5847908/kanye-west-sued-over-sample-in-bound-2

is it even remotely possible that kanye west released a radioplay single without clearing the main sample? i dont believe it.

I don't either, but of course all my friends who "despise" Kanye have been sharing this article. Anything to discredit him, I guess. I wonder if this dude owns the rights/master?

• Herm said:
    vintageinfants said:
    Ricky Spicer, the former soul singer of The Ponderosa Twins Plus One, filed a lawsuit on Monday in New York court against West, as well as Roc-a-Fella Records, Universal Music Group and Island Def Jam Music Group. The suit states that Spicer is seeking an injunction and damages for alleged violations of New York civil right of publicity law (section 51), unjust enrichment and common law copyright infringement.

I don't either, but of course all my friends who "despise" Kanye have been sharing this article. Anything to discredit him, I guess. I wonder if this dude owns the rights/master?

my personal fave is that two of the claimants in the suit (original band members) do so by power of attorney as they are currently incarcerated.

• edit: is he wearing an apron?