Filipino Garage rock?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I found an LP a few days back by a dude named Victor Wood. I think it's from the Philipines but I can't read any of the writing on the back cover. except for the part where it says music played by the Ramrods.
Anyways this is hilarious and kinda good in a Kareoke old folks type of way. Anyone got any info on Victor Wood or the Ramrods? didn't the Ramrods release a couple of LP's under their own name?

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    the Phillipino rock you wanna mess with is Juan De La Cruz Band. That shit is hard fuckin blues-rock... shred your brain to pieces type shit. Of course theres plenty other stuff.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the Phillipino rock you wanna mess with is Juan De La Cruz Band. That shit is hard fuckin blues-rock... shred your brain to pieces type shit. Of course theres plenty other stuff.

yeah I'm hoping there is better Filipino stuff than this...this shit is kinda hilarious...covers of Pretty Woman, and Bee bop a lula tone in a togalog accent is gut busting.

The music in the back is pretty blood-shit worthy though

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    audio pleaseeeeeeee.

come to think of it I found a killer Phillipino garage psych 45 a few weeks back... gotta pull that one out again.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    audio pleaseeeeeeee.

Chocolate Meat

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I want to know if the APO Hiking Society has any more great songs, other than "Bawat Bata".

• debardebar 215 Posts
    scan the back cover and i'll translate, and i'm not up on flip records, but there's a lot of funny shit in pop culture over there, movies, music, etc. especially when you've been assimilated into american culture like me, but still understand my own customs.

• Anyone got any info on Victor Wood or the Ramrods? didn't the Ramrods release a couple of LP's under their own name?

I know of garage/surf Ramrods on "Amy" and Booker T. ish Ramrods on "Rampage." I think King Curtis has something to do with the "Rampage" fellas.

• There was a band called the Ramrods.

There's a bunch of Fillipino stuff worth catching.
    A good friend of mine just pieced together a very cool compliation of some Fillipino stuff though.
    I'll post the 411 once he drops it. Some of you may like it.

Wish I had more info to add.
    But this is a good resource right here for the Rock stuff:

www.pinoyclassicrock.com

Peace

PS: if anyone wants to sell me there Fillipino records (good ones), holla on the PM.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Is that the live one where he trys to have his kids talk and why he was in retirment? Also just for you drum heads their is a drum break on the VST record on sunshine from the same country.... Just a little some some for yall I usally will never let things out like that.... But today was a good day...

• Dakila is dope.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    I got a nice Japanese beat/garage 45 by tadahieshikadiushighi-something & the bunnys. pm if interested & i send details