August Finds ((rr))

2»

Comments

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    BallzDeep said:
    walter_chron said:

Zia?

:shh:

Oh man... haven't heard "Zia" in a while. Years ago, while temporarily living in Chandler, I used to find grips of modern soul and boogie there. They were always priced at $0.99 or $1.99.

• I haven't posted any finds in a long time but I was inspired by some good pickups this morning. First photo are all dolla picks from this morning's flea and yesterday's thrift circuit except for Bill Withers.

Now I understand the hype over Sylvers II--great record! Jimmie & Vella I'd never heard of but it's a pretty cool, unusual soul album.

Next photos are some highlights from the past 2-3 months from various flea markets, tag sales, thrifts, trades, etc...

45 highlights

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thanks to Herm.
    I went to a secret city and Herm took me to some secret spots.
    Now Herm needs to post up the painting I suggested he buy.

finds and food 008
    finds and food 005
    The 2 private press appear to be very bad xian folk. Street Fare has a cool cover, Lynn White is a late 80s Willie Mitchell production.
    Digging tip, audiophiles will buy that Kenny G.
    finds and food 006
    finds and food 007

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thanks again to Herm for the above.

Got home and bought a couple hundred great 45s in vg or worse condition.
    finds and food 020
    finds and food 017
    House Of Entertainment is a jam session, Ural Thomas, Ron Buford, Mr Clean others. Staples Bros are Portland gospel and most of their sides are good. Dr Wu knows lots more about this stuff.
    finds and food 013
    finds and food 012