Why is Adele so fucking awful?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited August 2013 in Strut Central
It makes me want to stab a pencil into my ears. It incites an inexplicable rage in me when it is playing out if some sort amplified speaker. Like here at the car wash.

This song finally ends and it is followed by black eye pees.

I
Knew I hate her when she first pluralize pavement to pavements. Chasing pavements? Not just one?
How much pavement do you need before you have pavements?

Is falling on the pavements like falling in the muds? Is it like squinting at the sunlights?

Is she saying payments? Why doesn't she sing with a British accent? Is she ashamed of
Being British? What's wrong with britishs?

I need friends.

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    It's true, you know. All my fiends moved away. I'm lonely.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I don't mind her. Rolling In The Deep is cool.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Hi Gary

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I can respect her talent... but her voice annoys the SHIT out of me too.

:latte_pass:

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I find making friends as an adult difficult because so many people are simply people I don't want to have anything to do with. But maybe it's me, and not them. Too picky? Too judgemental? I dunno... but I kinda only want to hang with cool people so fuck it, whatever.

I can't even conjur up an Adele song in my mind right now. And that makes me happy.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm getting really tired of the waxed mustache craze already. I mean as soon as I saw the first one I was like "Oh lord no, please not this..." and then BOOM hipsters everywhere had one. With matching suspenders.

Then again, maybe the reason I don't have any friends is because I judge people based on their mustaches.

Well, I have lots of friends, maybe, but I don't really have anybody to talk to about things I'm interested, which might not be the same thing.

And the friends I do have don't live here.

So I was thinking damn, I really don't have anybody to talk to. I'll go on soulstrut. So consider this my cry for help.

It's a little pathetic but damn. I'm lonely.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

• Who the hell is Adele?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Gary said:

Well, I have lots of friends, maybe, but I don't really have anybody to talk to about things I'm interested, which might not be the same thing.

And the friends I do have don't live here.

Friends and internet friends are two different things.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Good voice, the girl, but not feeling the songs.

She's a bit too young to write better ones yet.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    b/w

Gary said:
    Why doesn't she sing with a British accent? Is she ashamed of
    Being British? What's wrong with britishs?

See all "non-US Rappse = Women's Basketball" thraeds

b/w

What has 'Meriman got to counter her in the commercial realm? Llama Death Ray? Katie Perry?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I really liked Rolling in the Deep til I heard it everywhere I went. I also like that slower song she did at an award show where glitter fell from the ceiling.
    I love them redheads and think she's stunning in a simple glamour way with make-up and stunning in that war era British milkfed farmgirl way without.

This girl I know got so offended that she cut me off and refused to attend parties I was at because she tried to introduce me to someone and in my drunken truthful joking I said I didn't need to meet any more people. There was something off-putting in the way she was doing it...between the guy and me, she was putting one of us on show and I couldn't tell which one or why. As an adult, it's easier to spot genuine people and those who want to be friends for weird and/or selfish reasons. And we are both less accommodating with our own foibles and less forgiving of others' now that the youthful need to belong is not so strong.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Biggie/Winehouse

Jay-Z/Adele

????

Haha yes Batmon! ????

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This ought to make Bassie's head explode.

I like her but then again I have a 9 and half year old daughter so I may be over compensating for most of the rest of the crap I have to listen to every day. She has that same giant mid range as Darlene Love, which is sonically piercing but in a good way to me. The best song on that record is that Elton Johnish one.

I can't say I dislike her. But something about her voice grates on me - and I think it's that exact "something" that makes her unique/popular/successful. That being said, I don't know her albums at all, so the repetitiveness of the radio hits could be wearing me down.

I just realized there is something about her that reminds me of Fiona Apple.

Didn't expect to see this thread getting this much mileage!

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Adele isn't awful. I think folks are just put off by the jackhammering of her songs into the collective psyche. She has an incredible voice, though. "Rolling In The Deep" and "Skyfall" are both great songs.

As for the friends thing, Gary, you should join a recreational sports league. When I moved away from Toronto 7 years ago, leaving family and friends behind, I had no friends in my new city. I joined a co-ed rec sports league and made about 40 new friends in 5 years.

Do understand that record-obsessed nerdery is a rare thing to come by, so you might not find people who are into the raer. But you'll certainly find people who are as interested in talking about Adele sucking/not sucking and/or mustaches and/or banjos as you are. Just put yourself out there.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I hate this pointed star person.
    (Hi Gary I am stealing your thread. I will be your friend, but you will have a friend who steals threads.)

Why are these star people everywhere?
    Is this the best they can do?

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    there's a star in all of us

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Her voice is above average but its not some mind blowing shit.
    Skyfall is mediocre.
    I cant say a hatt her, but i was in JR Music World when her live DVD came out and they were rockin it on the monitors.
    He between song blabber was bloody annoying.

She reminds me of nice Soul-ish Pop like Zero 7. Goes down easy. Voice is loud, music is clear and simple.

Volvo Soul.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    batmon said:

Volvo Soul.

Ha! Perfectly named niche genre.