Question for the legal dudes

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
I don't know much about law so this might be a dumb question. Here in the bay area right now the BART (one of our rapid transit systems) is on strike right now and it's really screwing shit up. Couldn't a bunch of BART riders join together and file some sort of lawsuit against the workers that are striking? Just curious.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    no
    unions are good so you can't sue them

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Join together and split a cab.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Join together and split a cab.

Or just band together and occupy the area around your places of employment. I'm sure Starbucks would be thrilled to have the constant crowd.

^^^^
    I'm not really that guy, but the joke was begging me to make it.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    I don't know much about law so this might be a dumb question. Here in the bay area right now the BART (one of our rapid transit systems) is on strike right now and it's really screwing shit up. Couldn't a bunch of BART riders join together and file some sort of lawsuit against the workers that are striking? Just curious.

the proper way to conduct a transit strike is to keep service running but open up the turnstiles so no one pays to ride.

Other than that: ??_(???)_/??

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    jjfad027 said:

Sue them for what?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Poor people who rely on public transportation to get to work only matter until unions whine about stuff. Then it's tough shit, deal with it.

PatrickCrazy said:
    Poor people who rely on public transportation to get to work only matter until unions whine about stuff. Then it's tough shit, deal with it.

So, what exactly is your issue here?

I mean, you live in NYC, right? How is the BART strike effecting you? Or is this about the right of the people to organize?

Thymebomb13 said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    jjfad027 said:

Sue them for what?

Emotional distress, of course.

Ha!

Yeah, there's that...

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:

I mean, you live in NYC, right? How is the BART strike effecting you?

I was unaware of the recent change on the board that required posteurs to be personally affected by things in order to post on them. Thanks for letting me know; I would hate to be violating a new rule.

Or is this about the right of the people to organize?

I'm a man of the people. I hate to see the poor and defenseless taken advantage by anyone.

PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:

I mean, you live in NYC, right? How is the BART strike effecting you?

I was unaware of the recent change on the board that required posteurs to be personally affected by things in order to post on them. Thanks for letting me know; I would hate to be violating a new rule.

Or is this about the right of the people to organize?

I'm a man of the people. I hate to see the poor and defenseless taken advantage by anyone.

Wow. Who said anything about posting requirements? Do you enjoy making things up out of thin air or is it mental illness? If it's the latter, get help. If it's the former, get a grip.

You're also uninformed about this issue if you think the only people being taking advantage are the people who can't ride BART right now. But, that doesn't surprise me, since you're usually not very informed.

Do you even know why this strike is happening?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I stated one of the issues I had with this strike. For some reason you decided to question how it's affecting me (entirely irrelevant), I replied sarcastically (with masterful wit), and as usual you immediately jumped to ad homz (entirely predictable).

I don't know where you're getting from my posts that I thought that the only people who were being taken advantage of were the riders but go you I guess? My original point still stands.

• D.E.L.E.T.E.

PatrickCrazy said:
    I stated one of the issues I had with this strike. For some reason you decided to question how it's affecting me (entirely irrelevant), I replied sarcastically (with masterful wit), and as usual you immediately jumped to ad homz (entirely predictable).

I don't know where you're getting from my posts that I thought that the only people who were being taken advantage of were the riders but go you I guess? My original point still stands.

I asked you to explain what the strike is about, and you're either unwilling or unable to answer.

And spare me your whining about ad hominem. You're constant need to portray yourself as victim is sad.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Yup, totally don't know why it's happening. Absolutely no clue. You got me bro.

PatrickCrazy said:

I know.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

And eff you, jjfad027, for starting this thread.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

I know.
    Cool.

And since you feel the need to continuously edit your posts, I don't ever paint myself as a victim. I just ask and wonder why you're incapable of posting without throwing out insults and you're never able to answer.

PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

I know.
    Cool.

Glad we got that squared away.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

I know.
    Cool.

Glad we got that squared away.
    Cool.

PatrickCrazy said:

what point would that be?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

You've clearly demonstrated your intellectual superiority in this thread so it shouldn't be too hard for you to figure it out.

PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

You've clearly demonstrated your intellectual superiority in this thread so it shouldn't be too hard for you to figure it out.

Nah, I don't really care.

You're not someone I find interesting since you love to whine about how you're always the victim. Later, dude. Have fun wallowing in self pity.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    l8ahz brah

• HarveyCanal said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

jjfad seems like a decent fellow and an actual contributor but at this stage he should know much better than to have started this thraed. is it any surprise that this thread devolved into the tiresome masterdebator bullshit that has been so prevalent of recent?

fuck a bon vivant and his sophomoric lawyer routine. brian why do you even attempt to engage him or moelarryandjesus on any kind of substantive level?

crabmongerfunk said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

jjfad seems like a decent fellow and an actual contributor but at this stage he should know much better than to have started this thraed. is it any surprise that this thread devolved into the tiresome masterdebator bullshit that has been so prevalent of recent?

fuck a bon vivant. brian why do you even attempt to engage him or moelarryandjesus on any kind of substantive level?

No man, really, fuck you.

The fact that you are ALWAYS in these threads point to what a fucking loser you are.

Get a life, pal.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Waxidermy looks attractive these days.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    batmon said:

Yep. And that's saying A LOT.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    batmon said:

Inner sleeve talk> chippy lawyer talk

B/w