Toots suing spoiled vodka bottle throwing bro $21 million

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited June 2013 in Strut Central
Frederick ???Toots??? Hibbert has filed a lawsuit seeking $21 million against a young Henrico County man accused of throwing a vodka bottle at the reggae singer during a recent concert in Richmond.

The lawsuit, filed June 4 in Richmond Circuit Court against William Connor Lewis, seeks $1 million in compensatory damages and $20 million in punitive damages.

Lewis, 19, faces a felony criminal charge of malicious wounding in connection with the incident, which occurred May 18 at the Dominion Riverrock festival on Brown's Island.

Hibbert was injured when the bottle struck him in the head as he was performing.

Hibbert, lead singer of Toots and the Maytals, was performing the song ???Country Roads??? at about 10:15 p.m. when Lewis threw a bottle of Grey Goose vodka ???with great force and violence,??? according to the complaint.

The bottle struck Hibbert in the upper left side of his face and caused a serious tear to his forehead and face, causing permanent scarring on his face, according to the complaint.

I usually hate lawsuits like this but this one I like. This kid is "that guy" at every show. Now his life and his shitty parent's lives are ruined.

Imagine doing this during "Country Roads"?

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Since this douche is not a minor, his parents will only be implicated if they bought the bottle of booze, or he stole it from them and Toots' attorney can show they were negligent in not preventing that from happening.

• I'm sure he'll never see close to $21 million, but I hope he can squeeze some loot out of this jackass.

I also hope he's getting that Pitbull money.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I met and partied with Toots and his OG band back in '82 when they spied my long-haired self and figured I could help them with something they were looking for. Very cool guys all, and me and a bunch of friends got prime seats for their show for free.

b/w

Fuck that kid, I hope Toots empties his bank account.

meistromoco said:
    I'm sure he'll never see close to $21 million, but I hope he can squeeze some loot out of this jackass.

I also hope he's getting that Pitbull money.

The chump needs to do some jail time, too.

• Bon Vivant said:
    Since this douche is not a minor, his parents will only be implicated if they bought the bottle of booze, or he stole it from them and Toots' attorney can show they were negligent in not preventing that from happening.

I am under the assumption they will help pay the millions.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fix his face.

downtownrobbrown said:
    Bon Vivant said:

I am under the assumption they will help pay the millions.

Cool parents if this happens.

Mine wouldn't help. Shit, they wouldn't even talk to the "authorities" in my high school when I got in trouble.

"He's the one in trouble, not us."