Ray Manzarek R.I.P

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
I know the Doors get clowned on alot here...but dude genuinely seemed to have a passion for music.

Plus, he was partly responsible for those early X albums...so i cant hate.

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Caught him when he was touring with the 21st Century Doors, I think in 2005 or 2006. Krieger on guitar, Ray on Keys, not John Densmore on drums, and Ian Astbury from the Cult on Vocals.

It was fantastic.

RIP.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Not sure how you can clown the Doors unless you just a revisionist acting like they were just some hippy hacks. The musical talent was real. Manzarek was very good and will be missed.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    volumen said:
    Not sure how you can clown the Doors unless you just a revisionist acting like they were just some hippy hacks. The musical talent was real. Manzarek was very good and will be missed.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    tabira said:
    volumen said:

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Goodbye to one of the players on the soundtrack to many of my earliest childhood memories

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Loved Ray Manzarek! His keyboard lines on songs like Light my Fire and Riders on a Storm are iconic.

I got to see him a couple of years ago and he seemed to be doing very well.

RIP!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    RIP
    Attached files