Comments

• RIP

his aggressively rhythmic guitar playing really made an early and lasting impression on me. he really killed it on tombsone blues from that dylan bio a few years back

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    He was so great. RIP!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    RIP.

Just recently happend on his STONEHENGE LP out in the field and was really getting into it.

Crazy guitar workout for days.

Also, this is a great cover:

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Just reading an obit. Didn't know he wrote jingles too. Wrote the "fabric of our lives" song in all the cotton commercials.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I remember watching the Woodstock movie on PBS as young kid with my paretns.

RIchie's performance was mesmerizing to me. His voice, the melody, the emotion.

RIP.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    RIP

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I remember coming across his stuff early on and pulling it thinking it would be some detroit soul thing. It wasn't, but I kept it and listened to it and really liked it. Thanks Mr. Havens for a little mind expansion

• I was so sad after hearing this today. HIs guitar playing was a revelation and he was such a lyrical musician.

I always loved his cover of Here Comes the Sun, one of the few Beatles cover I think could top the OG.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Rest in peace, Mr. Havens. You were a magnificent songwriter, singer, and musician...the voice of a generation. Here is one of my favorites: The Alarm Clock - Richie Havens

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    RIP

Gonna have to pull out the few lps that I have...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    This one hits kind of hard for me. I was fortunate to see him live several times when I was young, once at the Tin Angel in Philly, which those who have been there know is really small and intimate. He was an amazing performer and his voice could rattle a room and everyone in it. RIP

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    This one hits kind of hard for me. I was fortunate to see him live several times when I was young, once at the Tin Angel in Philly, which those who have been there know is really small and intimate. He was an amazing performer and his voice could rattle a room and everyone in it. RIP

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here is another song by Mr. Havens that I love:

I made use of it here: "A Typical Fowl Day" - Birds of a Feather Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak