what is UP..........

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
with this joint ???
anybody encountered a copy of this album, not sure what to say haha..

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    what is ON it?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    fejmelba said:
    what is ON it?

only needle dropped it yesterday so havent gone all the way through, there might be some music or message hidden within the grooves but so far as the title indicates, nothing at all, weird, not sure to what purpose ..

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    all i i want to know if if it is secret squirrel?

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Please tell me it's just blank grooves all the way through... lol

I love weird shit like this!

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts
    Pooty Tang beats for days.

• usernameusername 71 Posts
    BeatChemist said:

So what other "weird shit" do you like? The record that starts at the end and moves to the beginning? Lock grooves at the end?
    backwards masking? Horse race records where different needle drops produce different endings? Magic?ESP records the involve
    listener participation? Or just dumb marketing shit like 3rd Man releases?

I, too, enjoy the weird shit. But I regret collecting it (at times) as the economic value is not what Funk/Northern soul/Psych is.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    As a teenager I bought a copy of the Jimi Hendrix Experience 'Radio One' double album - it also has a fake 'fourth side' which looks like songs but plays nothing.

I think you talking about the Ryko disc issue (nice clear green tinted vinyl) with the blank side.
    Great album but such a cop out. That and "etched" sides.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    username said:
    BeatChemist said:

So what other "weird shit" do you like? The record that starts at the end and moves to the beginning? Lock grooves at the end?
    backwards masking? Horse race records where different needle drops produce different endings? Magic?ESP records the involve
    listener participation? Or just dumb marketing shit like 3rd Man releases?

I, too, enjoy the weird shit. But I regret collecting it (at times) as the economic value is not what Funk/Northern soul/Psych is.

yeah weird can be cool at times, but i dont get this, obviously a prank lp of sorts, its like the forefather to a serato record, its not though, still, who would put time money effort into releasing such an album, and who would wanna go buy it (except me haha) waste of good wax.. imho

• FOR ART'S SAKE!

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts

I have a contest album by two twin brothers who buried a substantial amount of money and the
    songs give clues to the whereabouts.