Thai Jam

PerriesthlmPerriesthlm 37 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central

Comments

• So good!
    cheers for this

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    needs more reverb! and maybe some cowbell...

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Thai-bagging with the alien.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ohhhh mannnn, thailands the best

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    ohhhh mannnn, thailands the best

Thailand Appreciation Post!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Back in '93, 2 grams of magic mushrooms from Thailand changed my life.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Laos > Thailand

yeah i said it!

(love Thailand tho)

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Back in '93, 2 grams of magic mushrooms from Thailand changed my life.

This should be on a t-shirt.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    :shreddin_it:
    Looks like a wedding jam? Hell of a lot better than the band I saw at a Thai wedding anyway.

Only saw Laos for 5 days, it was aaaiiight, prefer Thailand. Bangkok rules!

Hit up Chiang Mai for Songkran.

Doth the Strut still ride for these kings of face melt?

Perriesthlm, thanks again for sharing these dudes.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Oh yeah, I could listen to this all day.

My crackpot dream #97 is now to fly to Thailand, record these guys and put out an album.

THIS IS THE SHIT

if I was visiting Thailand and stumbled upon this I would never want to leave.

are these all from the same band? What are they called?

someone organize a world tour for them already.

I want them to play my funeral.

Horseleech said:

My crackpot dream #97 is now to fly to Thailand, record these guys and put out an album.

That would be awesome and I would cop. You might want to hop on it...I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone else does. I would love to change the drums up a bit. From the other videos I've watched, it seems to be the same basic beat almost every time. It's a heavy beat but I bet they'd cause some serious goose bumps if they switched it up at the right moments.

If anyone wants to listen to more, here is the facebook page:

https://th-th.facebook.com/pages/???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/268450113232690

• I love Thailand. I lived there for almost two years (99-01) teaching English/traveling. Some of the best food and friendliest people I've ever met.

updates from the land of crazy psychedelic thai beach music:

oh so apparently it's a US label that recorded the album, and it's coming out later this month:

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/khun-narin-electric-phin-band/

ppadilha said:
    oh so apparently it's a US label that recorded the album, and it's coming out later this month:

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/khun-narin-electric-phin-band/

I sincerely thank you for hipping me to this....I have been perusing their youtube vids often ever since this thread was created.

Horseleech said:

Wait this is now happening...did...are...is this some type of meta :hayek: ?

JectWon said:
    Horseleech said:

unfortunately I think someone beat him to the punch...

but, from reading about this a little bit via comments on everything that's posted about them, this stuff is like regular street music in Thailand and apparently there are bands that do even trippier stuff than this.

Do they do the happy pizza thing in Thailand or is that only in Cambodia?
    http://www.yourworldyourhome.com/happy-weed-marijuana-toped-pizza-cambodia/

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    JectWon said:
    Horseleech said:

unfortunately I think someone beat him to the punch...

Yeah, not me. I knew somebody would do it, though.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Nice!!

I'm going for 10 days in Nov for the first time. 2 days in Bangkok, 2 days in a treehouse up north, 3-4 days in Phuket, and back to Bangkok for a couple nights.

Any advice/recommendations are appreciated.

• jjfad027 said:
    Nice!!

I'm going for 10 days in Nov for the first time. 2 days in Bangkok, 2 days in a treehouse up north, 3-4 days in Phuket, and back to Bangkok for a couple nights.

Any reason why you chose Phuket? When I was there it was lots o Russian dudes in speedos and meh beaches. Could have been anywhere. I was there to leave for a scuba trip, so it was unavoidable (and short). If you are looking for a beach retreat, I would go elsewhere.

When you are up north, rent a scooter and just cruise around the hills for a full day -- highlight of my time there. I was in Pai and rode to a town near the burmese border and back.

meistromoco said:
    jjfad027 said:
    Nice!!

Any reason why you chose Phuket? When I was there it was lots o Russian dudes in speedos and meh beaches. Could have been anywhere. I was there to leave for a scuba trip, so it was unavoidable (and short). If you are looking for a beach retreat, I would go elsewhere.

When you are up north, rent a scooter and just cruise around the hills for a full day -- highlight of my time there. I was in Pai and rode to a town near the burmese border and back.

My lady has been to Thailand before but not Phuket so she really wants to check it out. She's big into diving. The scooters is def something we might do.

• where are y'all going up north? was just in thailand for 3 weeks back in may & we got up north for half of it. i can give a couple recommendations.

Thailand was amazing!

willie_fugal said:
    where are y'all going up north? was just in thailand for 3 weeks back in may & we got up north for half of it. i can give a couple recommendations.

Thailand was amazing!

Chiang Mai

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    They recorded it outside?

I will be copping.

• jjfad027 said:
    willie_fugal said:
    where are y'all going up north? was just in thailand for 3 weeks back in may & we got up north for half of it. i can give a couple recommendations.

Thailand was amazing!

Chiang Mai

go to Huey Tung Taew lake!
    this has a good explanation of it that shows where it is on the map: http://8milesfromhome.com/post/34695049963/huay-tung-tao-lake-chiang-mai

we rented bikes & rode up there, but it involved some biking with cars going really fast--i'd definitely recommend getting a scooter to go there instead. but it was really fun, had an amazing whole grilled fish & papaya salad there + a set-up of a bottle of sangsom w/some cans of tonic & a bucket of ice.

i also saw some good music at the North Gate Jazz Bar. lots of other great stuff too, but you'll find plenty just by walking around & talking to folks.

jjfad027 said:
    willie_fugal said:

Thailand was amazing!

Chiang Mai

Been to Chiang Mai a couple of times. There are some great night markets. But I always get them mixed up...

There is the Night Bazaar which is very tourist and I'm not much of a fan. I believe it's along Changklan Road.

I like the pedestrian walking markets on the weekends WAY better. One is on Saturday and one is on Sunday. I know there is a third walking market, but I believe it's a bit smaller and I've never been.

Look for "pedestrian walking markets" for Saturday or Sunday and you'll find more info.

One goes right by Wat Chedi Luang (Saturday night I believe) and the other is near Tha Phae Gate (I think that's the Sunday night one).

Also in Chiang Mai. Many people go ride an Elephants (Which I'm not a down with). But I'm a big supporter of elephantnaturepark.org where you can spend a half day or much longer learning about elephants while feeding and washing them (etc,etc,etc) in the river on an elephant reserve.

As far as Phuket goes. It's extremely popular. But can be very seedy (Tons of sex tourism there).

Most people take a boat and go to Ko Phi Phi Leh (Phi Phi Islands). But if you're looking for something more chill. Perhaps a day trip to Phra Nang Beach. I could spend weeks chilling on that beach... Rock climbing and decent food in the area. And boats will come in bringing food for you as well.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I'm sure between one of us on the strut has an idea.