Anyone fucking with 'The Bridge'? (Ableton and Serato-R- Not Queens/NYC-R)

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central
Been using serato for a few weeks now and I do enjoy it. On a sidenote, I didn't realize how much of an audiophile I am...so many formats sound like shit...seems only very high bit rates sound good enough to play with or straight up .flac.

I wanted to know if any of you are using "The Bridge" and, if so, what you use it for. Do you use it when you are playing out or just doing work in the lab, or something else altogether?

I get the sense that lots of Strutters are not fucking with Ableton at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if this falls on deaf ears.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• I use Ableton combined with my Maschine Mikro. I'm a Traktor man myself, and there isn't a simple solution like The Bridge to link Traktor to Ableton so I don't integrate the two. I have always loved Ableton for it's incredible time stretching simplicity, but only really started to get comfortable with using it as my main environment for making music recently. I use an Akai APC40 to control Ableton, which has helped me focus less on the mouse and keyboard and more on the music.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    I use Ableton combined with my Maschine Mikro. I'm a Traktor man myself, and there isn't a simple solution like The Bridge to link Traktor to Ableton so I don't integrate the two. I have always loved Ableton for it's incredible time stretching simplicity, but only really started to get comfortable with using it as my main environment for making music recently. I use an Akai APC40 to control Ableton, which has helped me focus less on the mouse and keyboard and more on the music.

Thanks for the info. I'm actually listening to your mix on Soulstrut now.

• Oh cool! Hope you like it! That was multitracked into Nuendo quite a few years ago...