Deaths of Musicians

2»

Comments

• "On September 27, 1986, during the European leg of Metallica's Damage, Inc. Tour, members drew cards to see which bunk of the tour bus they would sleep in. Burton won and chose to sleep in Hammett's bunk. Around dawn near D??rarp, Sweden, the bus driver lost control and skidded, which caused the bus to flip several times. Ulrich, Hammett, and Hetfield sustained no serious injuries; however, bassist Burton was pinned under the bus and was killed. Hetfield recalls, "I saw the bus lying right on him. I saw his legs sticking out. I freaked. The bus driver, I recall, was trying to yank the blanket out from under him to use for other people. I just went, 'Don't fucking do that!' I already wanted to kill the [bus driver]. I don't know if he was drunk or if he hit some ice. All I knew was, he was driving and Cliff wasn't alive anymore."[29] Burton's death left Metallica's future in doubt. The three remaining members decided that Burton would want them to carry on, and with the Burton family's blessings, the band sought a replacement."

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Donny Hathaway
    Jackie Wilson

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    John "Stumpy" Pepys
    Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs
    Mick Shrimpton

Just to name a few.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    skel said:
    Boston funded dem Hi-r-hay
    Blew up half my town
    When Obama and 'em pulled the same trick
    It was all drones and Gitmo and summary executions and shit

Jeez. If we knew you were going to make such a big deal about it...

• Dante said:
    Horseleech said:
    a homemade airplane.

that's badass.

Well, there's no bigger badass than John Denver.

And sorry folks, but getting shot, committing suicide and choking on your own vomit don't really qualify as unusual deaths.

• coquicoqui 42 Posts

The 6th of February, less than a week after his 48th birthday, King Tubby was murdered outside of his home in the ghetto area of Waterhouse. The murder was never solved and it is assumed to have been a robbery-gone-wrong.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    asstro said:
    John Bonham choked to death on his own vomit after an alcoholic binge. In the twenty-four hours before he died, he had consumed forty shots of vodka.

40 shots does sound much more rock and roll than two bottles.

• Rockadelic said:
    asstro said:
    John Bonham choked to death on his own vomit after an alcoholic binge. In the twenty-four hours before he died, he had consumed forty shots of vodka.

40 shots does sound much more rock and roll than two bottles.

didn't he consume all those shots in the span of about 15 minutes?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    I am no Oliver Reed, but... Yknow... I have driven in that lane from time to time. What else are you supposed to do if you get a free lock-in in a vodka bar? I know better now, though. I will leave that behavior to Duder....

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Philip Taylor Kramer, bassist for Iron Butterfly, kinda bananas story.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/nov/20/farmers-cleared-death-elo-cellist

Two men have been acquitted of charges related to the death of former ELO cellist Mike Edwards in 2010. A Plymouth court found that Brian Burden and Russell Williams were not responsible for an accident in which Mike Edwards was crushed by a giant bale of hay.

Edwards was driving his van near Totnes in Devon on 3 September 2010, when a rolling hay bale burst through a wire fence, a thin hedge, and on to the A381. The 600kg bale killed the 62-year-old instantly.

• coquicoqui 42 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Two men have been acquitted of charges related to the death of former ELO cellist Mike Edwards in 2010. A Plymouth court found that Brian Burden and Russell Williams were not responsible for an accident in which Mike Edwards was crushed by a giant bale of hay.
    Crushed... by a giant bale of hay?!? As far as headlines go, this has to be the strangest one yet.

• "At home Thursday night studying for school, Michael became so enraged by Richard Grossman's loud, unrelenting piano playing that the teen grabbed a carving knife and stabbed his father repeatedly, police alleged."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996 ... d-grossman

:woah: